Mayor Bloomberg Defends Banning Clergy & Rescue Workers From 9-11 Anniversary Ceremon

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
SNIP:

Outrageous.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg is banning religious leaders and rescue workers from the 9-11 anniversary event tomorrow morning.
He says, “We just don’t have room for them.”

343 firefighters and paramedics killed on 9-11.
60 NYPD and Port Authority police officers were killed that day.
They will not be represented at the ceremony.

SNIP:
Bloomberg insists that the separation of Church and state is in the Constitution. This is the same guy that bent over backwards for the 9-11 mosque.
NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg on Ground Zero Mosque Vote - WSJ.com
What a disgrace.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_PpeQXDK9Q]Bloomberg Defends Banning Religious Leaders & Rescue Workers From 9-11 Tribute - YouTube[/ame]

from with comments at..
Mayor Bloomberg Defends Banning Clergy & Rescue Workers From 9-11 Anniversary Ceremony (Video) | The Gateway Pundit

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Reaction score
the separation didn't hobble the ceremony 2 weeks after 911 at Yankee stadium, at all, it was multi-denominational included Muslims et al to boot...etc etc ..hes a pompous ass.

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
Reaction score
When Bloomberg talks about tolerance and freedom of religion he means everyine has to do it his way.

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Reaction score
He's a freaking asswipe. There is no excuse.

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
Reaction score
the Mosque has nothing to do with ground zero and this issue you fucking moron.
Who, other than you, mentioned a mosque?
from the OP dipshit.Fuck she even put in a link about it...
SNIP:
Bloomberg insists that the separation of Church and state is in the Constitution. This is the same guy that bent over backwards for the 9-11 mosque.
maybe you need to start wearing a helmet when you post
Maybe you should learn how to use the quote button.

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Reaction score
I was upset as well but one fireman said it best. He said that as long as the families of the deceased gets to go he is happy plus their would not be room for all of them. I do however think they should have had some sort of lottery so they one person could represent each firehouse and police station. And have one clergy from each religion. That should not have been that much to ask!

Immanuel

Gold Member
Reaction score
I was upset as well but one fireman said it best. He said that as long as the families of the deceased gets to go he is happy plus their would not be room for all of them. I do however think they should have had some sort of lottery so they one person could represent each firehouse and police station. And have one clergy from each religion. That should not have been that much to ask!
I happen to think that the first responders who survived that attack are the family of those whom we lost on that day. I think preventing them from attending is 100% Bullshit!

Bloomberg is an ass in my not so humble opinion.

Immie

Kiki Cannoli

Have you met my shadow?
Reaction score
Not honoring the fallen in uniform and those who survived seems blatantly insensitive; anybody with any honor (beaucratic hotshot/former presidents) should voluntarily forfeit their golden tickets to make room for the deserved.

Now the clergy component, doesn't phase me in the least and I support Bloomberg's decision.

pgm

Reaction score
This is a bit upsetting. I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but I think Bloomberg is wrong.

The Gadfly

Reaction score
On behalf of first responders, past and present, all across America, here's a big "UP YOURS!" to Michael Bloomberg! It's OK, though; we'll honor our fallen brothers and sisters, and salute the survivors, wherever we happen to be. God bless them all, and their families, and God bless the United States of America. We don't need hizzoner's permission for that.

pgm

Reaction score
Yeah, this sounds right to me.

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I happen to think that the first responders who survived that attack are the family of those whom we lost on that day. I think preventing them from attending is 100% Bullshit!

Bloomberg is an ass in my not so humble opinion.

Immie
He should do NY a favor and keep his sorry ass at home.

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Not honoring the fallen in uniform and those who survived seems blatantly insensitive; anybody with any honor (beaucratic hotshot/former presidents) should voluntarily forfeit their golden tickets to make room for the deserved.

Now the clergy component, doesn't phase me in the least and I support Bloomberg's decision.
I think one of the first to die that day was a Catholic Priest, so I don't support bloomberg's decision. he should stay home.

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
the Mosque has nothing to do with ground zero and this issue you fucking moron.
OH I see it's ok for him to defend the mosque but denyu any other type of religon from the 9/11 memorial? Go back to your fucking transformers you fucking hack.

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
Reaction score
SNIP:

Outrageous.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg is banning religious leaders and rescue workers from the 9-11 anniversary event tomorrow morning.
He says, “We just don’t have room for them.”

343 firefighters and paramedics killed on 9-11.
60 NYPD and Port Authority police officers were killed that day.
They will not be represented at the ceremony.

SNIP:
NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg on Ground Zero Mosque Vote - WSJ.com
What a disgrace.
Bloomberg Defends Banning Religious Leaders & Rescue Workers From 9-11 Tribute - YouTube

from with comments at..
Mayor Bloomberg Defends Banning Clergy & Rescue Workers From 9-11 Anniversary Ceremony (Video) | The Gateway Pundit

Emperor Bloomberg needs to go fuck himself

pgm

Reaction score
OH I see it's ok for him to defend the mosque but denyu any other type of religon from the 9/11 memorial? Go back to your fucking transformers you fucking hack.
He's not denying Islam from the memorial?

Am I missing something, or are you comparing apples to oranges?

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's not denying Islam from the memorial?

Am I missing something, or are you comparing apples to oranges?
I don't think clergy's officate muslims religous services.

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List