Mayor Bloomberg Defends Banning Clergy & Rescue Workers From 9-11 Anniversary Ceremon

the Mosque has nothing to do with ground zero and this issue you fucking moron.

OH I see it's ok for him to defend the mosque but denyu any other type of religon from the 9/11 memorial? Go back to your fucking transformers you fucking hack.

did i say that? they are not the samething.I know you dont understand but whatever.

A few words from the asshat in the first link

Our doors are open to everyone – everyone with a dream and a willingness to work hard and play by the rules. New York City was built by immigrants, and it is sustained by immigrants – by people from more than a hundred different countries speaking more than two hundred different languages and professing every faith. And whether your parents were born here, or you came yesterday, you are a New Yorker.

"We may not always agree with every one of our neighbors. That's life and it's part of living in such a diverse and dense city. But we also recognize that part of being a New Yorker is living with your neighbors in mutual respect and tolerance. It was exactly that spirit of openness and acceptance that was attacked on 9/11.

the asshat wanted New York to be open with muslims. I say fuck the asshat may he rot in hell.

I'm not sure why right wingers care. Didn't the right block medical benefits for first responders for years? Didn't right wing pundits call the families of the dead terrible names?

It's not like the right wing cares about "injustice" since they are usually the cause.

I'm not sure why right wingers care. Didn't the right block medical benefits for first responders for years? Didn't right wing pundits call the families of the dead terrible names?

It's not like the right wing cares about "injustice" since they are usually the cause.

No they did not. You just like making things up because you think it make you look intelligent.

Do you care??

If the fucking freeloading professional mourners (ie the politicians) stayed home, there would be room for those who earned their place at the memorial.

Fucking politicians.

The families of the fallen firefighters and police officers will be there. This particular ceremony is for the families.

Not getting the fauxrage.

Do you wish more of NYC had been destroyed so everyone in the city could attend the ceremony?

:cuckoo:

The families of the fallen firefighters and police officers will be there. This particular ceremony is for the families.

Not getting the fauxrage.

Do you wish more of NYC had been destroyed so everyone in the city could attend the ceremony?

:cuckoo:
the first responders have a damn right to be there !! show some damn respect for the people that bravely risked there lives to save the lives of those in danger !!

am i to understand that off duty first reponders and clergy were not allowed to view the ceremony from the audience?

SNIP:

Outrageous.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg is banning religious leaders and rescue workers from the 9-11 anniversary event tomorrow morning.
He says, “We just don’t have room for them.”

343 firefighters and paramedics killed on 9-11.
60 NYPD and Port Authority police officers were killed that day.
They will not be represented at the ceremony.

SNIP:
Bloomberg insists that the separation of Church and state is in the Constitution. This is the same guy that bent over backwards for the 9-11 mosque.
NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg on Ground Zero Mosque Vote - WSJ.com
What a disgrace.
Bloomberg Defends Banning Religious Leaders & Rescue Workers From 9-11 Tribute - YouTube

from with comments at..
Mayor Bloomberg Defends Banning Clergy & Rescue Workers From 9-11 Anniversary Ceremony (Video) | The Gateway Pundit

If it's true that there wouldn't be room for the families if everyone else were invited, I have no problem.

I was upset as well but one fireman said it best. He said that as long as the families of the deceased gets to go he is happy plus their would not be room for all of them. I do however think they should have had some sort of lottery so they one person could represent each firehouse and police station. And have one clergy from each religion. That should not have been that much to ask!

I think that, at least, could and should have been done.

After reading reports about this from legitimate news sources, including the original report from the WSJ, there’s no indication Bloomberg is prohibiting prayers or other religious expression at the observance, religious leaders simply won’t be presenting inspirational invocations in an official context or capacity. And the ‘families only’ policy is consistent with the previous observances.

This ‘outrage’ seems more a political contrivance having little to do with the facts.

Our doors are open to everyone – everyone with a dream and a willingness to work hard and play by the rules. New York City was built by immigrants, and it is sustained by immigrants – by people from more than a hundred different countries speaking more than two hundred different languages and professing every faith. And whether your parents were born here, or you came yesterday, you are a New Yorker.

"We may not always agree with every one of our neighbors. That's life and it's part of living in such a diverse and dense city. But we also recognize that part of being a New Yorker is living with your neighbors in mutual respect and tolerance. It was exactly that spirit of openness and acceptance that was attacked on 9/11.

There’s noting wrong with the above observation whatsoever – like New York America is diverse with respect for that diversity a fundamental tenet of our National greatness.
You can't shut them up without killing them
You represent conservatives well.

Easy question Stephanie

Given the limited space at the Ground Zero memorial....who would you have told they couldn't attend ???

3000 dead with 4 family members allowed each equals 12000 already. How many first responders are you going to invite and who are you going to exclude?

Last edited:
After reading reports about this from legitimate news sources, including the original report from the WSJ, there’s no indication Bloomberg is prohibiting prayers or other religious expression at the observance, religious leaders simply won’t be presenting inspirational invocations in an official context or capacity. And the ‘families only’ policy is consistent with the previous observances.

This ‘outrage’ seems more a political contrivance having little to do with the facts.

There’s noting wrong with the above observation whatsoever – like New York America is diverse with respect for that diversity a fundamental tenet of our National greatness.
You can't shut them up without killing them
You represent conservatives well.

The cut and paste you misguided idiot was asshat giving his blessing for the mosque. It has nothing to do with asshats denial of the clergy and first responders to the memorial.

If the fucking freeloading professional mourners (ie the politicians) stayed home, there would be room for those who earned their place at the memorial.

Fucking politicians.

Many politicians were told they could not attend. Most of the people that I saw this morning were victims family

Forum List

Back