Mayor Bill De Blasio Defends Policing Policies As NYPD Statistics Show Rise Shootings, Other Crime

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Mayor Bill de Blasio is defending his policies in the face of skyrocketing crime in New York City.

It’s a dramatic example of why some New Yorkers say they don’t feel safe on the streets of New York City: one day last week, just before noon, a 28-year-old woman was stopped in her tracks by a man with a box cutter on West 51st Street in Hell’s Kitchen. He threatened to slash her, then reached into her jacket and grabbed her cell phone.

It’s no wonder why a neighbor, a mother of two young children, says she’s thinking of moving.

“I grew up here my whole life. It’s definitely changed. I do not feel safe anymore. Honestly, I felt safer in the ’80s,” she said. “I just feel like crime is up more. I mean they say it isn’t, but that’s BS.”

Actually, crime is up more. Robberies, like the cell phone snatch, are up nearly 39% — from 943 last January to 1,290 last month. Shootings are up nearly 29% from 52 to 67. Transit crime is up nearly 30%, and car theft is up 72%. Burglaries are up more than 20% and larceny is up nearly 11%.

(Excerpt) Read more at newyork.cbslocal.com ...

-----------

The foolish citizens voted for it.

Elections have consequences.

The consequences of dimonRATS winning elections are always, always, always BAD.

Forum List

Back