MASSIVE Twitter Attack By "Bitcoin Scammers"

This is nuts. The sheer amount of accounts that were tweeting the scam demonstrate that this wasn't just "password guessing", but that the hackers had some kind of back-end, administrative access to Twitter.

The amount of damage they *could* have done shouldn't be ignored. Imagine, for a moment, if they had made verified politicians start tweeting something about a pre-emptive attack on Russia or China. It also begs the question - was this really a bitcoin scam? Or was that just a cover to gain access to the private information & messages of high profile individuals?

2020 is wild.

Hey- it's against rich people- no biggie- check the other thread about this-

Hey- it's against rich people- no biggie- check the other thread about this-
Rich libs

and I dont mind at all even if the proceeds go to fund ISIS or Only Black Lives Matter

Rich libs

and I dont mind at all even if the proceeds go to fund ISIS or Only Black Lives Matter
SMH- and I bet you wonder what's wrong with the world- after you kick your dog, cuss at your kid, slap your wife and demand she get you a beer while you watch the news-

Like Bitcoin people open their wallet to Twatter? I do not understand this.

It's a common thing you see on Twitter. I'll explain, oversimplified:

Take a prominent figure like Elon Musk. His twitter handle is "@elonmusk". A scammer will create a similar account, say "@e1onmusk" in an attempt to mimic the real person. They will then use that account to dupe unsuspecting people into sending them money with the promise of a return on their investment. "You send $1 in Bitcoin to this address, I'll send you $2 back" kind of thing. People fall for it, but not many, because anyone who takes more than 3 seconds to read the username will see it's a fake.

However, what this hacker has done is taken control of the REAL accounts belonging to folks like Elon Musk and people are falling for it because they do appear legitimate.

Like Bitcoin people open their wallet to Twatter? I do not understand this.

It's a common thing you see on Twitter. I'll explain, oversimplified:

Take a prominent figure like Elon Musk. His twitter handle is "@elonmusk". A scammer will create a similar account, say "@e1onmusk" in an attempt to mimic the real person. They will then use that account to dupe unsuspecting people into sending them money with the promise of a return on their investment. "You send $1 in Bitcoin to this address, I'll send you $2 back" kind of thing. People fall for it, but not many, because anyone who takes more than 3 seconds to read the username will see it's a fake.

However, what this hacker has done is taken control of the REAL accounts belonging to folks like Elon Musk and people are falling for it because they do appear legitimate.
Oh..NOW I get it. That's not hacking a Bitcoin wallet.
It's cracking/phishing somebody's account and getting donations in their name sent to you.

SMH- and I bet you wonder what's wrong with the world- after you kick your dog, cuss at your kid, slap your wife and demand she get you a beer while you watch the news-
You sound disturbed

Terrorist organizations frequently turn to crime as a way of funding their cause

IRONY: Obama and Biden had 7 of their 8 years to do something about those bitcoin scams, and it will take this before someone does something about it.

Hint: report the bitcoin acct to Bitcoin along with the scam/blackmail email and they will freeze the act and have them charged where possible.

This isn’t about bitcoin. This is much, Much bigger. Whoever did this has unfettered access to Twitter data. Every tweet by everyone. Ever. It’s a blackmail gold mine. Not to mention they are actively controlling a number of accounts of high profile people. They can impersonate any user right now.

This isn’t about bitcoin. This is much, Much bigger. Whoever did this has unfettered access to Twitter data. Every tweet by everyone. Ever. It’s a blackmail gold mine. Not to mention they are actively controlling a number of accounts of high profile people. They can impersonate any user right now.
Most people of all walks of life do enough damage to themselves on twitter that they need no help. *L*

My thoughts exactly.

Forum List

Back