Marijuana legalization?

It sounds like someone really banging that bong.

Supposedly it is illegal to smoke in public. If you see someone smoking, call the police. If someone is obviously under the influence make a report. This tolerance crap is just that, crap. Stop tolerating. Stop with the tolerance bullshit. They won't tolerate you for a second. Not an instant.

well you should know about that....you are not very tolerant of anyone who does not think like you do....

I am very intolerant of the intolerable. How did it happen that we are supposed to tolerate drug addicts? Some person is praying in public, another is stoned, which one will be tolerated?

drug addicts?.....you have no tolerance of anyone Katz.....unless they agree with the bull shit you put up...but dont worry,you are not alone.....there are quite a few posters here like that,Liberals and Conservatives....they are called the FAR Right and Left.....

If someone is proposing a new law, at least think it through and make it thorough and specific enough. Also, make it so that the less fortunate in the intellectual department can understand it to avoid the uneducated voter. Legalizing marijuana sends messages to America's youth that drugs are in fact, okay. In Colorado it is becoming a big issue when it comes to the recreational use of marijuana; kids are brining it to school (more so than before) and that causes a problem for school districts. While I understand the tax benefits that this may provide, I do think that there are other, more effective ways of doing so; why marijuana? Marijuana is a drug, plain and simple and to make it legal is sending a subliminal message to the youth that drugs are in fact, okay. Now what is stopping the youth from being scared of other drugs, like Math for example. "Hey, marijuana is legal, depicted as bad before, I like the high, so ill stick a needle in my arm, it'll be legal one day!" The mentality of the youth is going to be extremely corrupt because of the very stupid and irresponsible decisions we as "role models" are making today. I think that marijuana should remain ILLEGAL, however I do believe that it should be extremely decriminalized so that people who DO use it, and caught, that their lives aren't ruined because of a little bit of "pot." Now on a different scale, I do believe that marijuana is in fact a safe drug, don't get me wrong, all I'm saying is legalization of such sends a bad message to our youth; not to mention it IS a gateway drug.

Thoughts?

Absurd. Cannabis is not a drug. It's a plant. The only thing it's got in common with actual drugs is it's illegal. Which only happened in 1937 after seven thousand years of humans using it. "Gateway" my ass.

I'm sorry to inform you that you are wrong. It is a fact that it is a gateway drug. Doesn't matter how long people have been using it, thousands of years ago they did not have the other drugs we now have. It is human nature to become curious, and to NOT admit that it is a gate way drug is a very closed minded and selfish way of thinking. The only reason you don't want to admit that is because that is a huge argument AGAINST legalizing your precious "Mary jay." Should remain illegal. Period.

If someone is proposing a new law, at least think it through and make it thorough and specific enough. Also, make it so that the less fortunate in the intellectual department can understand it to avoid the uneducated voter. Legalizing marijuana sends messages to America's youth that drugs are in fact, okay. In Colorado it is becoming a big issue when it comes to the recreational use of marijuana; kids are brining it to school (more so than before) and that causes a problem for school districts. While I understand the tax benefits that this may provide, I do think that there are other, more effective ways of doing so; why marijuana? Marijuana is a drug, plain and simple and to make it legal is sending a subliminal message to the youth that drugs are in fact, okay. Now what is stopping the youth from being scared of other drugs, like Math for example. "Hey, marijuana is legal, depicted as bad before, I like the high, so ill stick a needle in my arm, it'll be legal one day!" The mentality of the youth is going to be extremely corrupt because of the very stupid and irresponsible decisions we as "role models" are making today. I think that marijuana should remain ILLEGAL, however I do believe that it should be extremely decriminalized so that people who DO use it, and caught, that their lives aren't ruined because of a little bit of "pot." Now on a different scale, I do believe that marijuana is in fact a safe drug, don't get me wrong, all I'm saying is legalization of such sends a bad message to our youth; not to mention it IS a gateway drug.

Thoughts?

Marijuana is NOT a drug.

No more than most NATURAL SPICES are drugs.

It is a drug just as much as it is a plant. The fact that is a plant is irrelevant, it is the fact that it puts you in a different state of consciousness that does not allow you to perform certain motor function correctly. Before you say that it NOT a drug, how about you look up the simple definition of a drug before trying to make such an unintelligent argument.

Thoughts?

Absurd. Cannabis is not a drug. It's a plant. The only thing it's got in common with actual drugs is it's illegal. Which only happened in 1937 after seven thousand years of humans using it. "Gateway" my ass.

You too, look up the definition of a drug. I'm sure you'll be dissatisfied with what you find as it proves your argument to be incorrect.

It's all part of dumbing down America. Won't take too long before we are all just burned out dipshits that don't care about anything but our next hit and some Cheetos. :)

Thoughts?

Nope. Lying to your kids about the effects of Marijuana makes your kids not trust you on a whole host of other issues.

It sounds like someone really banging that bong.

Supposedly it is illegal to smoke in public. If you see someone smoking, call the police. If someone is obviously under the influence make a report. This tolerance crap is just that, crap. Stop tolerating. Stop with the tolerance bullshit. They won't tolerate you for a second. Not an instant.

well you should know about that....you are not very tolerant of anyone who does not think like you do....

I am very intolerant of the intolerable. How did it happen that we are supposed to tolerate drug addicts? Some person is praying in public, another is stoned, which one will be tolerated?

Both.

Thoughts?

I'm sorry to inform you that you are wrong. It is a fact that it is a gateway drug. Doesn't matter how long people have been using it, thousands of years ago they did not have the other drugs we now have. It is human nature to become curious, and to NOT admit that it is a gate way drug is a very closed minded and selfish way of thinking. The only reason you don't want to admit that is because that is a huge argument AGAINST legalizing your precious "Mary jay." Should remain illegal. Period.

The first drug most addicts used was nicotine not THC. Second was alcohol. But in case you were not aware, Marijuana is not addictive in the same way alcohol is. The is no such a thing as a marijuana addict.

Last edited:

Thoughts?

You too, look up the definition of a drug. I'm sure you'll be dissatisfied with what you find as it proves your argument to be incorrect.

I don't need to junior, because unlike you I know what I'm talking about. This ain't my first rodeo on this topic.

I don't need to junior, because unlike you I know what I'm talking about. This ain't my first rodeo on this topic.

OK, how about marijuana isn't a drug, but THC (and possibly a number of other things that result from the burning of marijuana) is?

Don't get caught up in the semantics of it.

Thoughts?

Nope. Lying to your kids about the effects of Marijuana makes your kids not trust you on a whole host of other issues.

But how would I b lying to my children? By telling my children that marijuana is a safe drug, with very little side effects, but it is still a gateway drug is not lying to them. At the end of the day if my children wanted to smoke marijuana, then they will. All that I am saying is that marijuana legalization opens doors to whole new mindset bout drugs in general. However, I m not saying that marijuana is a bad thing all together, I am just saying that it sends a bad message.

OK, how about marijuana isn't a drug, but THC (and possibly a number of other things that result from the burning of marijuana) is?

Don't get caught up in the semantics of it.

Okay, I cent tell if you agree with me or not, but regardless you make a very good point. I agree with you, marijuana in itself is not a drug, I will correct myself; but THC, is, and the EFFECTS is what make it a drug.

Why are you getting personal? Its a discussion board, and unlike you, (I'm assuming your a closed minded liberal democrat) I look out for what is good for ALL of America. (Regardless whether more not it is a drug, we will have to agree to dis-agree on that, my BIG PICTURE point remains) You make good points, ill give you that, but I can not sit here and sys hat I agree with ALL of them. I believe that I make good points as well. I do know what I am talking about, and to say that your opinion I better than mine is very closed minded and ignorant; besides, I am going off of multiple facts and information and you are going off of a simple debate whether or not marijuana is ma "drug" or not, don't nit pick t my post and pick what you want to disagree or agree with, take ALL or what I said and THEN make an argument. It is uneducated people like you that make me furious when it comes to elections. Uneducated voters are going to be the worst thing for future elections, just like it has been and will always be. That is why there needs to be some sort of way to pick out and discard the uneducated voter by giving a quiz on SIMPLE politics before idiots walk into the polling station. Baffles me that some people voted for Obama just because he was black and didn't know what he stood for or believed, and called him "the black guy" when asked who they are voting for, inane. I know fully well what I am talking about. Educate yourself.

Open (non) secret - Marijuana is easier to obtain for a high school kid than alcohol. Them that want it have no trouble getting it now. The difference between now and post prohibition is the price they pay.

True Story

Why are you getting personal? Its a discussion board, and unlike you, (I'm assuming your a closed minded liberal democrat) I look out for what is good for ALL of America. (Regardless whether more not it is a drug, we will have to agree to dis-agree on that, my BIG PICTURE point remains) You make good points, ill give you that, but I can not sit here and sys hat I agree with ALL of them. I believe that I make good points as well. I do know what I am talking about, and to say that your opinion I better than mine is very closed minded and ignorant; besides, I am going off of multiple facts and information and you are going off of a simple debate whether or not marijuana is ma "drug" or not, don't nit pick t my post and pick what you want to disagree or agree with, take ALL or what I said and THEN make an argument. It is uneducated people like you that make me furious when it comes to elections. Uneducated voters are going to be the worst thing for future elections, just like it has been and will always be. That is why there needs to be some sort of way to pick out and discard the uneducated voter by giving a quiz on SIMPLE politics before idiots walk into the polling station. Baffles me that some people voted for Obama just because he was black and didn't know what he stood for or believed, and called him "the black guy" when asked who they are voting for, inane. I know fully well what I am talking about. Educate yourself.

You think that's personal? You and your ass-umptions can go fuck yourselves. NOW it's personal.

You don't know the first thing about my politics, my education, who I vote for or whatever point I haven't made. So take your assumptions, sprinkel liberally with the ignorance you pulled out of Harry Anslinger's 1937 racist mindless "gateway drug" bullshit, roll it up in a nice paper, set it on fire, inhale deeply and cram it up your ass.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back