Marijuana legalization?

Legalizing marijuana sends messages to America's youth that drugs are in fact, okay.

No cannabis laws allow the sale to or use by children.

Fail.

How about we worry about people that ACTUALLY harm another or take what doesn't belong to them? You don't know what best for others and another adult's body is none of your fucking business.

Fucking nanny state meddlers make me sick.

I don't give a shit if marijuana is safe, not-addictive or whatever other arguments people can come up with. I simply don't want anyone's smoke in my lungs or my kids lungs. Once you light that thing up you can't control which way the wind is blowing. Find a way to keep the smoke all to yourself like alcohol in a bottle and the I won't care if it's legal or not.

The taxes will mean the black market will continue or will go med marijuana

Right, because the higher taxes on alcohol has kept the bootleggers and speakeasys in business. And higher taxes on cigarettes has made contraband smokes such a popular item.

I never have smoked MJ but I've also never touched cigarettes or alcohol either. I dont get what all the uproar is about over MJ. It takes it out of the hands of street drug dealers and puts it into the hands of the corporate drug dealers. Gotta love the free market. Now CO can get some tax revenue from it and save money busting people for nothing.

Last edited:
I don't see the great harm in MJ but I still don't believe it should be legal. Maybe decriminalized, but not legal.

Write somebody a ticket for possession and make them pay a fine. Stop the jail time silliness.

ok so now its "decriminalized"......what about buying it?.....still illegal?.....

Oh hell, I dunno. I haven't spent any time fretting over pot legalities. I don't smoke pot. Ok, I have, I mean, I went to college. :lol:

I'm probably saying keep everything illegal but just reduce penalties.

i just felt it sounded like .....go ahead and smoke it.....just dont get caught buying any,you will get 10 years.....

Legalize marjuana qnd you'll think The Walking Dead is a documentary.

Anyone who wants to smoke pot already does.

Anyone who wants to snort coke already does

We waste billions of dollars fighting a so called war on drugs for nothing.

We fight the war on drugs because letting these types of drugs that we are fighting into our society would be an absolute horrific sight to see. Let these types of drugs (with the exception of a few) into the U.S and the walking dead will become a documentary (just not with literal zombies, but in the sense that we will be so dependent on these drugs because they are readily available, that we will become useless, just like most people who have heavy drug addictions). Its not about the people who ALREADY do it, bit to prevent the possibility of people who COULD do it, especially our youth, who will now view us as a generation who is scared and over react because to them, "marijuana wasn't bad, so what else did they tell us that is not so bad?" that is what we should be fighting for, our youth because they are the future, not to mention us; if we got addicted to cert in drugs more so than now, oh boy.....

I don't see the great harm in MJ but I still don't believe it should be legal. Maybe decriminalized, but not legal.

Write somebody a ticket for possession and make them pay a fine. Stop the jail time silliness.

Exactly, I agree with you. Decriminalized for sure, but legal? ehh..

Now that it's legal, mark my words, sometime in the near future there will be a call from liberals for the government to help low income people pay for their pot.

Oh wow, lol. great point. I did not think of that, haha, hey, if Obama can give out free cell phones, why not free pot?

Legalize marjuana qnd you'll think The Walking Dead is a documentary.

Anyone who wants to smoke pot already does.

Anyone who wants to snort coke already does

We waste billions of dollars fighting a so called war on drugs for nothing.

We fight the war on drugs because letting these types of drugs that we are fighting into our society would be an absolute horrific sight to see. Let these types of drugs (with the exception of a few) into the U.S and the walking dead will become a documentary (just not with literal zombies, but in the sense that we will be so dependent on these drugs because they are readily available, that we will become useless, just like most people who have heavy drug addictions). Its not about the people who ALREADY do it, bit to prevent the possibility of people who COULD do it, especially our youth, who will now view us as a generation who is scared and over react because to them, "marijuana wasn't bad, so what else did they tell us that is not so bad?" that is what we should be fighting for, our youth because they are the future, not to mention us; if we got addicted to cert in drugs more so than now, oh boy.....

So much for small government.

I don't give a shit if marijuana is safe, not-addictive or whatever other arguments people can come up with. I simply don't want anyone's smoke in my lungs or my kids lungs. Once you light that thing up you can't control which way the wind is blowing. Find a way to keep the smoke all to yourself like alcohol in a bottle and the I won't care if it's legal or not.

Even if they could contain it, there is little to nothing you can do about you Childs peer influence. Human nature is to explore and to let curiosity take over; and peer pressure is a very hard thing to fight when raising a child. One day your child is a saint, and an angel and NEVER would DARE to say one curse word, but what happens when they step foot onto a school bus for the first time? I'll tell you, they get off of that school bus and you hear a new colorful curse word out of their mouth. Its all peer pressure and influence, simple secondhand nurture from their peers that unfortunately as parents, you have little control over. So it is more than just containing it, its about letting it into the society and us LETTING it become part of a school bus ride, that'd be great wouldn't it? Out grandkids stepping off the bus high from marijuana, all because we though it was a good idea to earn extra tax income from. Great for the future my friends, just dandy, isn't it? No.. So to answer your subliminal question, you should care, for your kids, because that's what you stated that's all you care about. Just some friendly insight on the topic.

If someone is proposing a new law, at least think it through and make it thorough and specific enough. Also, make it so that the less fortunate in the intellectual department can understand it to avoid the uneducated voter. Legalizing marijuana sends messages to America's youth that drugs are in fact, okay. In Colorado it is becoming a big issue when it comes to the recreational use of marijuana; kids are brining it to school (more so than before) and that causes a problem for school districts. While I understand the tax benefits that this may provide, I do think that there are other, more effective ways of doing so; why marijuana? Marijuana is a drug, plain and simple and to make it legal is sending a subliminal message to the youth that drugs are in fact, okay. Now what is stopping the youth from being scared of other drugs, like Math for example. "Hey, marijuana is legal, depicted as bad before, I like the high, so ill stick a needle in my arm, it'll be legal one day!" The mentality of the youth is going to be extremely corrupt because of the very stupid and irresponsible decisions we as "role models" are making today. I think that marijuana should remain ILLEGAL, however I do believe that it should be extremely decriminalized so that people who DO use it, and caught, that their lives aren't ruined because of a little bit of "pot." Now on a different scale, I do believe that marijuana is in fact a safe drug, don't get me wrong, all I'm saying is legalization of such sends a bad message to our youth; not to mention it IS a gateway drug.

Thoughts?

Let's see alcohol is a very harmful drug deemed to be OK, so is tobacco.

All we are doing is engaging in a hypocritical battle against other drugs that we capriciously deem unacceptable.

We have wasted billions of dollars and thousands of lives on a so called war on drugs that has not worked.

So tell me is letting people who already smoke pot do it legally going to make any difference good or bad?

Yes it will. It will save us billions of dollars and thousands more lives. A mere fraction of the money saved would allow us to offer drug addicts treatment instead of prison time.

Don't forget Caffine, it's why Red Bull gives you wings. It's molecular structure is close to that of a common drug called theophylline which has to be obtained by prescription.

Theophylline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

molecular structure of theophylline and caffeine - Bing Images

Marijuana is a beneficial plant in the family of plants that can make just about anything better. Dumbass qu33rs generally have a fear of pot and associate it with coke or hard alcohol. In this day and age, dumbasses also believe the mythology of the Bible which is based on foreskin snipping to be friends with Yahweh and being a eunuch to be friend of Jesus so we can't expect miracles in terms of rational intelligence!

Elaborate please, this should be interesting.

Marijuana is a beneficial plant in the family of plants that can make just about anything better. Dumbass qu33rs generally have a fear of pot and associate it with coke or hard alcohol. In this day and age, dumbasses also believe the mythology of the Bible which is based on foreskin snipping to be friends with Yahweh and being a eunuch to be friend of Jesus so we can't expect miracles in terms of rational intelligence!

It sounds like someone really banging that bong.

Supposedly it is illegal to smoke in public. If you see someone smoking, call the police. If someone is obviously under the influence make a report. This tolerance crap is just that, crap. Stop tolerating. Stop with the tolerance bullshit. They won't tolerate you for a second. Not an instant.

Supposedly it is illegal to smoke in public. If you see someone smoking, call the police. If someone is obviously under the influence make a report. This tolerance crap is just that, crap. Stop tolerating. Stop with the tolerance bullshit. They won't tolerate you for a second. Not an instant.

well you should know about that....you are not very tolerant of anyone who does not think like you do....

If someone is proposing a new law, at least think it through and make it thorough and specific enough. Also, make it so that the less fortunate in the intellectual department can understand it to avoid the uneducated voter. Legalizing marijuana sends messages to America's youth that drugs are in fact, okay. In Colorado it is becoming a big issue when it comes to the recreational use of marijuana; kids are brining it to school (more so than before) and that causes a problem for school districts. While I understand the tax benefits that this may provide, I do think that there are other, more effective ways of doing so; why marijuana? Marijuana is a drug, plain and simple and to make it legal is sending a subliminal message to the youth that drugs are in fact, okay. Now what is stopping the youth from being scared of other drugs, like Math for example. "Hey, marijuana is legal, depicted as bad before, I like the high, so ill stick a needle in my arm, it'll be legal one day!" The mentality of the youth is going to be extremely corrupt because of the very stupid and irresponsible decisions we as "role models" are making today. I think that marijuana should remain ILLEGAL, however I do believe that it should be extremely decriminalized so that people who DO use it, and caught, that their lives aren't ruined because of a little bit of "pot." Now on a different scale, I do believe that marijuana is in fact a safe drug, don't get me wrong, all I'm saying is legalization of such sends a bad message to our youth; not to mention it IS a gateway drug.

Thoughts?

Absurd. Cannabis is not a drug. It's a plant. The only thing it's got in common with actual drugs is it's illegal. Which only happened in 1937 after seven thousand years of humans using it. "Gateway" my ass.

Thoughts?

Absurd. Cannabis is not a drug. It's a plant. The only thing it's got in common with actual drugs is it's illegal. Which only happened in 1937 after seven thousand years of humans using it. "Gateway" my ass.

A lot of things are classified as drugs. It's not something to get hung up on.

Thoughts?

Marijuana is NOT a drug.

No more than most NATURAL SPICES are drugs.

well you should know about that....you are not very tolerant of anyone who does not think like you do....

I am very intolerant of the intolerable. How did it happen that we are supposed to tolerate drug addicts? Some person is praying in public, another is stoned, which one will be tolerated?

I am very intolerant of the intolerable. How did it happen that we are supposed to tolerate drug addicts? Some person is praying in public, another is stoned, which one will be tolerated?

Aren't you the same tolerant wag who wants cannabis smokers to be shot in the face?
And what the fuck does it have to do with drug addiction anyway?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back