Margie Greene files motion to remove Johnson as Speaker

I don't understand why MAGA thinks compromise is evil? This is not Russia. It seems they would be better satisfied in a government ruled by an authoritarian.
Because RINOs' version of "compromise" always seems to consist of giving the Democrats what they want with nothing in exchange.

Case in point: What were some of the key concessions that Johnson got from Senator Chuck Schumer (D) in the Schumer-Johnson budget deal?

Give up?

Me too. I looked on Johnson's website to see if he was bragging about any successes he acheived in the budget deal, but no dice. He does explain how he is making it easier for people in Bossier and Shreveport to get passports, though!

Nothing authoritarian about it. The U.S. Constitution states that spending originates in the House of Representatives. That's to make it as responsive to the people and non-authoritarian as possible. This idea of the GOP that they must kowtow to the Democrats running the Senate, and make sure that any spending bill has all of their hopes and dreams, has no basis in the Constitution.

Here we go again. The Do Nothing repub House is not happy with Governing and compromise. Now they want to throw out Johnson who replaced McCarthy. Who will be next as the victim to the MAGA Mob? They are more interested in revenge and promoting crisis than they are in governing. They are unable to govern. The House will go Blue in 2024.
Do you think that Ms. Taylor wants his job? And her undiplomatic panaceas are going to unify the nation that seems quite a bit divided. I believe Chairman Johnson is trying to bring a good end to division. I hope Ms. Greene realizes the American people want to have congress mend fences, not to dig an ocean of divisive coups.

You can't always get what you want. But there's a no win situation when you erase everything the other side needs. Both sides need to come home with a score on the board. Congress has the option to make sure the people on both sides of the aisle get something good. Chairman Johnson is trying very hard to give his rival a little self-respect.

Forum List

Back