Marco Rubio Warns Twitter

That could be characterized as interference with the American political process.
Yeah, God forbid we stop the President from broadcasting bullshit lies about Democrats. How unAmerican.

As long as they stop liberal rags from posting lies about Trump.

Oh yea, they're not doing that.

I heard a great analogy today. Twitter is like the phone company. They might own the servers and such, but they don't own the right to tell you what to say on it. The phone company owns the wires, the phone lines, the switchboards, etc but they have no right to dictate what you say while using their equipment.

Yeah they do. It's like a newspaper. They have the right to publish or not publish something. Now, once you have the newspaper in your hand you can wipe your arse with it for all I care. However, being a digital platform they can do what the fuck they want. They can even ban Trump if they want to. It's their platform. A telephone company can tell you to fuck off too.

Then they won't be afforded the legal protections of the act of 1996 part 230 which states that they are simply a platform and they have no say so in what goes on it thus can't be held liable for it. Once they start editing stuff then they are now editors and are like you said, a newspaper which IS liable for things said on its site.

This is why we need to keep Trump in the White House 4 more years.

NOW THIS ^^^^^^ This is where I start to agree with some of the right-wingers saying we need to put liability on these tech companies.

You can delete whatever you want on your site.... that doesn't bother me as much honestly. I'll just go somewhere else.

However... when you start making judgement calls about what I post on your site? No, that doesn't work. Now you are making value judgements on what I post. Now I should be able to sue the crap out of you.

You want to ban me, that's fine, I'll go someplace else, and talk bad about your platform, while promoting the platform I'm on. We'll run you out of business.

But if you are going to start trying to say I can talk on your site, but you'll just claim everything I say has been proven false, or is questionable.... I'm going to sue the crap out of you. That's not how this works.

Rubio is dead on right. People like him, are exactly why I support Republicans.

Whelp. You want to deal in misinformation, falsehoods, conspiracy theories, and fake news, you get what you get. That's the only judgement call being made. And they didn't even take his posts down. Just labeled them as lacking factually lacking. :)
If you don't like it, find another platform or go found one of your own.

No, we'll sue them, and force them out of business if needed.

You don't get to do that. Sorry.

Rubio is right, and this is just more reason to support Republicans in 2020.

Lil Marco can bloviate all he wants. There was no censorship here. His tweets were not deleted (THAT would be censorship). Again, they are a privately held company. He got flagged for posting factually lacking tweets. :)
Good luck with your lawsuits. I'm afraid they will end in nothing but disappointment for you.

Care to point out all the "factually lacking tweets" that were flagged by twitter from liberals lying about the entire Russian hoax?

NOW THIS ^^^^^^ This is where I start to agree with some of the right-wingers saying we need to put liability on these tech companies.

You can delete whatever you want on your site.... that doesn't bother me as much honestly. I'll just go somewhere else.

However... when you start making judgement calls about what I post on your site? No, that doesn't work. Now you are making value judgements on what I post. Now I should be able to sue the crap out of you.

You want to ban me, that's fine, I'll go someplace else, and talk bad about your platform, while promoting the platform I'm on. We'll run you out of business.

But if you are going to start trying to say I can talk on your site, but you'll just claim everything I say has been proven false, or is questionable.... I'm going to sue the crap out of you. That's not how this works.

Whelp. You want to deal in misinformation, falsehoods, conspiracy theories, and fake news, you get what you get. That's the only judgement call being made. And they didn't even take his posts down. Just labeled them as lacking factually lacking. :)

Lil Marco can bloviate all he wants. There was no censorship here. His tweets were not deleted (THAT would be censorship). Again, they are a privately held company. He got flagged for posting factually lacking tweets. :)
Good luck with your lawsuits. I'm afraid they will end in nothing but disappointment for you.

Well well well.... what do you know! Looks like everything I said would happen, just did. Just like that.

You have to treat absolutely everyone the same, and if you are going to slap 'fact checking' labels on one person's tweets, but not another, then bad things happen. Oh well.

Left-wingers need to learn a lesson.

Care to point out all the "factually lacking tweets" that were flagged by twitter from liberals lying about the entire Russian hoax?

None of them...but you already knew this. You'd like for the Russian and Ukraine ordeals to be hoaxes. But they weren't and would have been a much bigger deal than for the fact that Republicans control the Senate and the DOJ is Trump appointees.
So he skates. I know full well this answer will not suit your narrative as you believe your hero has done nothing wrong. But as far as Twitter goes, it's about time they start putting the boot on his lies and misinformation. I wish they would have done it sooner.
So Lil Marco can bitch all he likes about Twitter. There isn't really anything Trump can do (outside of meaningless executive orders) about it without Congress help.

None of them...but you already knew this. You'd like for the Russian and Ukraine ordeals to be hoaxes. But they weren't and would have been a much bigger deal than for the fact that Republicans control the Senate and the DOJ is Trump appointees.
So he skates. I know full well this answer will not suit your narrative as you believe your hero has done nothing wrong. But as far as Twitter goes, it's about time they start putting the boot on his lies and misinformation. I wish they would have done it sooner.
So Lil Marco can bitch all he likes about Twitter. There isn't really anything Trump can do (outside of meaningless executive orders) about it without Congress help.
Russia was a hoax, Ukraine was started when Biden strong armed a country threatening to withhold billions. Unless they did what he wanted.

Republicans fight to the death for the right to spread misinformation

You learned your Marx well

“Accuse Your Enemy of What You Are Doing, As You Are Doing it to Create Confusion”

Really?

Show me an example of where Democrats have done this

Are you really that stupid? There isn't enough room for all the lies your side is peddling.

And that was just 30 seconds of looking. Give me an hour and I would run out of characters for all the lies your side puts out on a regular basis my little Marxist friend.

1590782484937.png

Last edited:
Republicans fight to the death for the right to spread misinformation

You learned your Marx well

“Accuse Your Enemy of What You Are Doing, As You Are Doing it to Create Confusion”

Really?

Show me an example of where Democrats have done this

Are you really that stupid? There isn't enough room for all the lies your side is peddling.

And that was just 30 seconds of looking. Give me an hour and I would run out of characters for all the lies your side puts out on a regular basis my little Marxist friend.

View attachment 342583
Trump said there were fine people on "both sides" so if he was referring to nazis as "fine people" doesn't that mean he was also referring to antifa as "fine people"?
yanjfgcfvp151.jpg

Then they won't be afforded the legal protections of the act of 1996 part 230 which states that they are simply a platform and they have no say so in what goes on it thus can't be held liable for it. Once they start editing stuff then they are now editors and are like you said, a newspaper which IS liable for things said on its site.
They edited nothing

Then they won't be afforded the legal protections of the act of 1996 part 230 which states that they are simply a platform and they have no say so in what goes on it thus can't be held liable for it.
Which, of course, is just more motivation to crack down harder and, frankly, to delete the mentally ill lying moron president's account. But whatever incompetent jackass put this idea in Trump's head didn't think that far into it. And for sure the mindless trumpanzees wouldn't have figured it out.

What we need to do is get rid of Trump. Trump uses Twitter to spread fake news. Then when he gets called on it then he acts like a fascist dictator and his thug henchmen like Rubio and Hawley do what Frank Nitti did for Capone.

You have nothing to sue them for. They have every right to fact check you. It is their property and they are not bound by free speech,.

Marco Rubio is a pussy.
Stay classy now. Oh, right.You are actually crude and vile.

Republicans may want to end free speech, but they will fail as they always do.
Did you ever get that umbilical cord around your neck loosened up so the blood flow to your
brain was not hindered? It seems not.

It's the Twitter suckers who are the death of free speech. The people asking that ALL voices have a fair shot
at representation are not the problem here. Your comment is a classic in the genre of blaming others when you do exactly what you accuse them of.

You have the self awareness of a piece of furniture.

Twitter is not bound by the free speech clause in the Constitution. Trump uses Twitter to spread fake information and when he gets called out then he reacts like a authoritarian thug. He threatens to shut them down. He criticizes China yet acts exactly like them when he is held accountable.

That could be characterized as interference with the American political process.
Yeah, God forbid we stop the President from broadcasting bullshit lies about Democrats. How unAmerican.
If you use the law in any way to do so it absolutely IS unAmerican. Free speech protects all (especially political) speech or it's worthless.

Free speech restricts the government not private companies. Private companies have a right to regulate speech on their site.

If you use the law in any way to do so it absolutely IS unAmerican. Free speech protects all (especially political) speech or it's worthless.
Neat, but try to focus. It is the mentally ill president making implicit threats to use the force of law to decide what twitter publishes, not the other way around.
They hide behind government protections for platforms because it’s convenient. They can censor as much as they want, but then the government has the right to take those protections away. You don’t get to be a publisher while pretending to be a platform.

Rubio is wrong and it proves the Republicans are no different than the Chinese Communist Party.

Forum List

Back