Marco Rubio Warns Twitter

This is why we need to keep Trump in the White House 4 more years.

Marco Rubio is a pussy. Republicans may want to end free speech, but they will fail as they always do.
huh?

Twitter is like USMB except people use their real ID’s. How stupid is that?
WashingtonPost.com found that out the hard way back in 1998 when they had to shut down the site temporarily because of posters’ libel lawsuits against each other.

So, basically Twitter is a forum. Just like USMB. If Twitter wants to be a publisher, they will be liable for everything they put on their site. Even though, right now...they are a forum. Not a platform. Am I right?

(I used to use Twitter, but I can't stand the vile material the left infest on the site.)

Twitter is like USMB except people use their real ID’s. How stupid is that?
WashingtonPost.com found that out the hard way back in 1998 when they had to shut down the site temporarily because of posters’ libel lawsuits against each other.

So, basically Twitter is a forum. Just like USMB. If Twitter wants to be a publisher, they will be liable for everything they put on their site. Even though, right now...they are a forum. Not a platform. Am I right?

(I used to use Twitter, but I can't stand the vile material the left infest on the site.)
I’d need a lawyer to determine that.

Republicans fight to the death for the right to spread misinformation
An extremely large percentage of political speech is misinformation. Are you arguing that the government should have the power to shut it down?
If Trump is unhappy with the rules of conduct on Twitter, he can take his business elsewhere
Do you not join in the fight for the right to say what you want to say, whether it's right or wrong? It would seem to me that freedom covers both.

An extremely large percentage of political speech is misinformation. Are you arguing that the government should have the power to shut it down?
If Trump is unhappy with the rules of conduct on Twitter, he can take his business elsewhere
Do you not join in the fight for the right to say what you want to say, whether it's right or wrong? It would seem to me that freedom covers both.
Twitter has a right to establish rules for what can be posted

If Trump wants to post any lies he wants, he can sign up for USMB

Twitter has a right to establish rules for what can be posted

If Trump wants to post any lies he wants, he can sign up for USMB
1590619709966.png

Were you people raised by wolves or what? Since when is lying to the Nation a "right?"

1590619994890.png

Are you all simple minded? If it is alright to lie at will, no matter what, no matter the consequences, then we might as well give up communicating at all. There is an implicit expectation that what we provide to others as information is true. Otherwise no one would listen to anyone and ..... hey, it's kind of getting that way, isn't it?

However... when you start making judgement calls about what I post on your site? No, that doesn't work. Now you are making value judgements on what I post. Now I should be able to sue the crap out of you.
Oh bullshit. It's their forum, they have a right to delete any of your comments at any time.

Marco Rubio is a pussy. Republicans may want to end free speech, but they will fail as they always do.
Stop on Mao imitation

That could be characterized as interference with the American political process.
Yeah, God forbid we stop the President from broadcasting bullshit lies about Democrats. How unAmerican.
If you use the law in any way to do so it absolutely IS unAmerican. Free speech protects all (especially political) speech or it's worthless.

That could be characterized as interference with the American political process.
Yeah, God forbid we stop the President from broadcasting bullshit lies about Democrats. How unAmerican.
If you use the law in any way to do so it absolutely IS unAmerican. Free speech protects all (especially political) speech or it's worthless.
Neat, but try to focus. It is the mentally ill president making implicit threats to use the force of law to decide what twitter publishes, not the other way around.

Neat, but try to focus. It is the mentally ill president making implicit threats to use the force of law to decide what twitter publishes, not the other way around.
Ah, yes, the old "implicit threats". Let us know when he actually tries to do it.

NOW THIS ^^^^^^ This is where I start to agree with some of the right-wingers saying we need to put liability on these tech companies.

You can delete whatever you want on your site.... that doesn't bother me as much honestly. I'll just go somewhere else.

However... when you start making judgement calls about what I post on your site? No, that doesn't work. Now you are making value judgements on what I post. Now I should be able to sue the crap out of you.

You want to ban me, that's fine, I'll go someplace else, and talk bad about your platform, while promoting the platform I'm on. We'll run you out of business.

But if you are going to start trying to say I can talk on your site, but you'll just claim everything I say has been proven false, or is questionable.... I'm going to sue the crap out of you. That's not how this works.

Rubio is dead on right. People like him, are exactly why I support Republicans.

Whelp. You want to deal in misinformation, falsehoods, conspiracy theories, and fake news, you get what you get. That's the only judgement call being made. And they didn't even take his posts down. Just labeled them as lacking factually lacking. :)
If you don't like it, find another platform or go found one of your own.

Is it free speech or not?

Who gets to be the arbiters of truth in an open forum of ideas?

Now, I don't want government to regulate private social media, but to say that slapping a label on the content of a tweet from the sitting POTUS is not political activity is a load of horse shit. That could be characterized as interference with the American political process.

There are five states that vote entirely by mail and many others where they vote by mail in certain counties or for certain races. And the US military has used it for its personnel for years. There has NEVER been widespread voter fraud involved in those elections. So for Trump to tweet that was just plain not based in fact. Free speech does not mean it is okay to utter complete made up nonsense--especially not when you are holding the most respected office in the land.

The problem with your example is in order to vote by mail you have to be registered voter and then you have to request a ballot. Democrats want to send everyone registered or not a ballot to vote.

Lets just keep in mind how democrats screwed up in their Iowa caucus votes with many claiming fraud occurred.

Now, I don't want government to regulate private social media, but to say that slapping a label on the content of a tweet from the sitting POTUS is not political activity is a load of horse shit. That could be characterized as interference with the American political process.

There are five states that vote entirely by mail and many others where they vote by mail in certain counties or for certain races. And the US military has used it for its personnel for years. There has NEVER been widespread voter fraud involved in those elections. So for Trump to tweet that was just plain not based in fact. Free speech does not mean it is okay to utter complete made up nonsense--especially not when you are holding the most respected office in the land.

The problem with your example is in order to vote by mail you have to be registered voter and then you have to request a ballot. Democrats want to send everyone registered or not a ballot to vote.

Lets just keep in mind how democrats screwed up in their Iowa caucus votes with many claiming fraud occurred.
We just passed 100,000 deaths from this virus

There is a new normal. We need to protect people and avoid unnecessary contact. Offering mail in ballots is a low impact way to allow people to stay home and still do their duty as citizens

For our President to stir up fake hysteria about non existent threats just to hold down the vote is despicable

"Little Marco" is warning people? LOL

God forbid Americans interfere in the American political process.

Forum List

Back