Man killed by stray bullet while watching fireworks w/ wife

Hard hats on those days may be a good idea.

Of course, it takes a lot less to stop a falling bullet than one that is fired at you. If the round is fired straight up into the air, it is actually not lethal. No one fires straight up though, they always fire off to an angle.

They do not fire straight up because they are afraid it will come down and hit them.

Hard hats on those days may be a good idea.
Kevlar helmet will not stop a bullet. Good luck getting a hard hat to do it.

Of course, it takes a lot less to stop a falling bullet than one that is fired at you. If the round is fired straight up into the air, it is actually not lethal.

In any case, a hard hat can improve your chances and would always be better to have on when hit by any bullet from above.

I wouldn't wear one, but it doesn't make sense to discourage their use.

There is no guarantee a bullet fired straight up won't kill on the way down, but a hard hat or better helmet can make a big difference and also prevent serious injury.

Firing a Gun into the Air.

It is still dangerous. A three hundred mile per hour piece of lead can still do harm... If it hit someone right on top of the head, it's possible that it could kill. It's going about three times as fast as a professionally hit tennis serve, and it's much smaller than a tennis ball, and harder - more penetrating. When you triple the speed, the energy goes up nine times (it's proportional to the square of the speed), and I'll bet there's no-one who wants to be hit by a tennis ball with nine times the energy of a fast serve. Then, because the bullet is small and hard, it is hundreds of times more penetrating than that tennis ball would be. Put a tennis ball in your palm and put twenty pounds on top of it. No problem. But now put the blade of a screw-driver on your palm and put twenty pounds on that. That will hurt. Same twenty pounds - smaller cross section - more penetrating.

Houston man killed by stray bullet while watching New Year's Eve fireworks with his wife

By Reuters Reporter

Published: 10:51 EST, 3 January 2015 | Updated: 10:57 EST, 3 January 2015

We heard gun fire out on our peninsula New Year's Eve.

Why do fools think its okay to fire into the air?
I think they are too uneducated and stupid to realize that firing in the air, the bullet can come down and kill someone. That's the type of people most gun owners are: they claim to be 'responsible' gun owners, but they are ignorant, short sighted, careless, and stupid.

I agree,mexicans are that stupid. No matter how many PSAs they put out on spanish language channels they still do this shit every year.
It's kinda like backing over your kid in the driveway and driving drunk...it's like a mexican sport in Houston.
your a dumbfuck.....we have had white assholes out here who have done the same fucking thing....while they were drunk....plus with all the Mexicans out here if they are so bad,according to the LA PD the last time someone was hit was in 99....and i havent heard of this shit for quite a while....

Last edited:
Houston man killed by stray bullet while watching New Year's Eve fireworks with his wife

By Reuters Reporter

I think they are too uneducated and stupid to realize that firing in the air, the bullet can come down and kill someone. That's the type of people most gun owners are: they claim to be 'responsible' gun owners, but they are ignorant, short sighted, careless, and stupid.

I agree,mexicans are that stupid. No matter how many PSAs they put out on spanish language channels they still do this shit every year.
It's kinda like backing over your kid in the driveway and driving drunk...it's like a mexican sport in Houston.
your a dumbfuck.....we have had white assholes out here who have done the same fucking thing....while they were drunk....plus with all the Mexicans out here if they are so bad,according to the LA PD the last time someone was hit was in 99....and i havent heard of this shit for quite a while....

Wow what a moron.....
This is about Houston. And I bet your numbers are bullshit anyway.

No matter what the subject, the racist slime ^^^ come crawling out from under their slimy rocks.

You stupid SOB!! It's the mexicans that do this every fucking year.
Facts be racist hommie!!
And whites and blacks and chinese....

Well maybe not chinese, I don't think that is a standard for them.

Don't be such a moron - race does not determine weather or not you idiotically fire a weapon in the air on new years.
It's just that it's the mexicans that do it. It's not surprising. This is a common form of celebration in the homeland. It's not a matter of race. It's the culture.
then how come we had a white guy get busted for doing that in OC last year....you know as much about mexicans as you do about pot....0...
You get one white guy and a couple of dozen mexicans. Mexicans born and raised here don't usually run around the streets firing guns in the air. It's the newly arrived.
oh now its the newly arrived.....in your other posts they are all the same....having a problem with your bigotry?....

By Reuters Reporter

Wow what a moron.....
are they fuckhead?....

In 1998, Los Angeles Police Officer, Steven Gajda was killed in the line of duty during gunfire reduction efforts. Officer Gajda had volunteered to work the Gunfire Reduction Task Force in Hollenbeck Division and was shot and killed as he investigated gang activity at a New Year’s Eve party. The last death in the City of Los Angeles attributed to celebratory gunfire was nine-year old Brian Perez who died in 1999.

New Years Eve Gunfire Reduction Program - Los Angeles Police Department

By Reuters Reporter

Wow what a moron.....
are they fuckhead?....

In 1998, Los Angeles Police Officer, Steven Gajda was killed in the line of duty during gunfire reduction efforts. Officer Gajda had volunteered to work the Gunfire Reduction Task Force in Hollenbeck Division and was shot and killed as he investigated gang activity at a New Year’s Eve party. The last death in the City of Los Angeles attributed to celebratory gunfire was nine-year old Brian Perez who died in 1999.

And look who the culprits are. Thanks for proving my point.

Wow what a moron.....
are they fuckhead?....

that was your point?....i was answering your OTHER point that my numbers were bullshit....and yea i accept your apology.....

Wow what a moron.....
are they fuckhead?....

that was your point?....i was answering your OTHER point that my numbers were bullshit....and yea i accept your apology.....

I'm not the one who brought Cali into a Houston article. But whatever....

Wow what a moron.....
are they fuckhead?....

neither di

Wow what a moron.....
are they fuckhead?....

nor did i ....i was responding to what katz said post 22....you brought me into your conversation.....

Forum List

Back