Man Arrested For Allegedly Trying To Run Over Kids - Police Overreach?

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"A Ripley man is facing charges after he was accused of trying to run over a group of Black teenagers on their bikes. Driver Mark Hall posted a video of himself on social media using racial slurs while speeding toward the group of teens. Hall was booked Monday into the Tippah County Jail on nine counts of simple assault and attempt of physical menace to create fear. Parents and family members are demanding enhanced charges against the driver. "We are living in a time that is supposed to be progressive," said Willie Hill, the father of one of the teens. "We are supposed to be progressive people, but we are still dealing with the same things that we were dealing with back when my grandparents and great-grandparents were around."

Looking at the video, doesn't seem like that big of a deal at all...none of those kids were in any danger...I speed up and pretend to hit kids in my neighborhood all the time, if I feel they are being disrespectful..... ...I think he was only arrested because these so-called parents made a big fuss about it......but the fact they charged this guy with with 9 counts and may possibly be upgrading those charges, that is just flat out police overreach......if these parents would have took the time to teach their children proper manners and to not ride in the middle of the street on their bikes, this wouldn't have happened...but this is more of the blatant disrespect for the law that these people have....

The man was clearly upset as any driver would be when they see kids being breaking the law and not getting out of the street...this is common sense...so all he did was try to teach them a lesson....He posted this online, so obviously he wasn't trying to hit them...what idiot would record themselves committing a crime if they believed it was a crime? Let it be a lesson to these kids in the future to stay out of the street when a car is coming....the next driver won't be as kind as this driver was...

"A Ripley man is facing charges after he was accused of trying to run over a group of Black teenagers on their bikes. Driver Mark Hall posted a video of himself on social media using racial slurs while speeding toward the group of teens. Hall was booked Monday into the Tippah County Jail on nine counts of simple assault and attempt of physical menace to create fear. Parents and family members are demanding enhanced charges against the driver. "We are living in a time that is supposed to be progressive," said Willie Hill, the father of one of the teens. "We are supposed to be progressive people, but we are still dealing with the same things that we were dealing with back when my grandparents and great-grandparents were around."

Looking at the video, doesn't seem like that big of a deal at all...none of those kids were in any danger...I speed up and pretend to hit kids in my neighborhood all the time, if I feel they are being disrespectful..... ...I think he was only arrested because these so-called parents made a big fuss about it......but the fact they charged this guy with with 9 counts and may possibly be upgrading those charges, that is just flat out police overreach......if these parents would have took the time to teach their children proper manners and to not ride in the middle of the street on their bikes, this wouldn't have happened...but this is more of the blatant disrespect for the law that these people have....

The man was clearly upset as any driver would be when they see kids being breaking the law and not getting out of the street...this is common sense...so all he did was try to teach them a lesson....He posted this online, so obviously he wasn't trying to hit them...what idiot would record themselves committing a crime if they believed it was a crime? Let it be a lesson to these kids in the future to stay out of the street when a car is coming....the next driver won't be as kind as this driver was...

He was just playing the Beto game..

d2f651fb9c5e25bce10d6fbe7519d35b.jpg

What kind of world do we live in when police can't just run over kids with impunity?

I don't want to live in such a world.

Dunno about the rest of you, but when I was growing up, there were times that we rode our bikes, or even played in the street for stuff like kickball. And, we lived in suburban residential areas (like this one was), and cars would slow down, wait for us to clear out (which we did as quickly as we could), and when the car passed, we were back out in the street continuing with the game. However, we didn't try to do it on busy through ways or busy streets, that would have been stupid. But, for residential areas where traffic was pretty light, we did. Lots of other kids I knew did the same thing as well.

This man did slow down (kinda), and didn't really make any attempt to run the kids over, nor did he back up and try to chase the kids with his car. All he did was say racial slurs and bitch about the kids in the street. Do I think he should be arrested for endangerment? No. The kids got out of the way and weren't hurt, and he didn't try to chase them with his car.

Do I think the driver was stupid? Definitely. You don't record yourself saying racial slurs about kids while in a car and then post it on the internet, as in today's society, that will bring you nothing but trouble.

If he really wanted to bring attention to what was happening, he could have still recorded himself, but left out the racial slurs, and simply complained about kids in general getting in the way of drivers trying to get home. If he had done that, he wouldn't have caught much grief for it.

No, I don't think he should be arrested for endangerment, nor do I think he should be arrested for his racial slurs. Showing himself to be a bigoted racist on the internet will get him all the punishment he needs for being stupid.

Forum List

Back