Man Arrested And Prosecuted For Having Single Empty Shotgun Shell In His D.C. Home

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
This is absurd and frankly it is downright scary that this could happen in America like Tucker Carlson stated. Isn't it amazing that the U.S. Constitution is non-existent in our nations capitol? This guy has had to hire an attorney and has already had eight court hearings with the ninth coming up. All this for an inoperable empty shotgun shell he had on his desk as a souvenir.

Prosecuted for possession of empty shotgun shell? | On Air Videos | Fox News

Why is there a question mark in the FOX headline?

Read the headline aloud and make it a question, as if you were incredulous.

And this is so apropos...

Prosecutorial discretion poses an increasing threat to justice. The threat has in fact grown more severe to the point of becoming a due process issue. Two recent events have brought more attention to this problem.

One involves the decision not to charge NBC anchor David Gregory with violating gun laws.

In Washington D.C., brandishing a thirty-round magazine is illegal and can result in a yearlong sentence. Nonetheless, the prosecutor refused to charge Gregory despite stating that the on-air violation was clear.1

The other event involves the government’s rather enthusiastic efforts to prosecute Reddit founder Aaron Swartz for downloading academic journal articles from a closed database. Authorities prosecuted Swartz so vigorously that he committed suicide in the face of a potential fifty-year sentence.2

Both cases have aroused criticism. In Swartz’s case, a congresswoman has even proposed legislation designed to ensure that violating a website’s terms cannot be prosecuted as a crime.3 But the problem is much broader. Given the vast web of legislation and regulation that exists today, virtually any American bears the risk of being targeted for prosecution.

Columbia Law Review ? Ham Sandwich Nation: Due Process When Everything Is a Crime

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoever enforced that law should of had their ass kicked and sent back to the station

-Geaux

• Banned
Whoever enforced that law should of had their ass kicked and sent back to the station

-Geaux
Agreed. At least he's hired the attorney who participated in the landmark Heller case at the Supreme Court.

I call bullshit.

Call it what ever you want, but it only makes you look lazy and ignorant. It doesn't fit the narrative you want to hear so you just dismiss it rather than do a few seconds of research to see if it's true or not and actually educate yourself on something.

And by the way, it's very true. I read about it months ago and what happened to this man and his family is like a story you'd hear straight out of the old Soviet Union, but I'm sure you'll be just fine with it being the Brownshirt prick that you are.

MILLER: D.C. businessman faces two years in jail for unregistered ammunition, brass casing - Washington Times

-Geaux

I'm hoping once this is over he files a hefty lawsuit against the City of Washington D.C. Quite frankly, the members of the police department who ordered and executed the raid should be charged with terrorism.

This is absurd and frankly it is downright scary that this could happen in America like Tucker Carlson stated. Isn't it amazing that the U.S. Constitution is non-existent in our nations capitol? This guy has had to hire an attorney and has already had eight court hearings with the ninth coming up. All this for an inoperable empty shotgun shell he had on his desk as a souvenir.

Prosecuted for possession of empty shotgun shell? | On Air Videos | Fox News

I heard this story some time ago.I had forgotten about it.
If this doesn't scare the hell out of people I have no idea what will.
Just the fact alone that this guy has to spend out of pocket for defense counsel is enough.
This should have ended already with someone over in the Justice Department saying that
the only place this is headed is that law inforcment looks like a bunch of whack jobs...

I'm wondering if this guy is a republican and said something that Obama didn't like.

I call bullshit.

Call it what ever you want, but it only makes you look lazy and ignorant. It doesn't fit the narrative you want to hear so you just dismiss it rather than do a few seconds of research to see if it's true or not and actually educate yourself on something.

And by the way, it's very true. I read about it months ago and what happened to this man and his family is like a story you'd hear straight out of the old Soviet Union, but I'm sure you'll be just fine with it being the Brownshirt prick that you are.

MILLER: D.C. businessman faces two years in jail for unregistered ammunition, brass casing - Washington Times

Let me know when he spends even a day behind bars. Then I will join you and your astute pals in outrage.

What information did the FOX coverage leave out?

I call bullshit.

Let me know when he spends even a day behind bars. Then I will join you and your astute pals in outrage.

So you find nothing wrong with this guy having to show up for eight court dates and counting for an empty shotgun shell?
You're pathetic.....:cuckoo:

So you find nothing wrong with this guy having to show up for eight court dates and counting for an empty shotgun shell?

I have a huge problem with it. Since I am a rational person who avoids knee-jerk reactions.....and I understand that this story defies logic....I am waiting for THE REST OF THE STORY to be revealed.

I call bullshit.

you should read the link. it should make anyone outraged that his home was invaded and trashed when he did nothing illegal.

I have a huge problem with it. Since I am a rational person who avoids knee-jerk reactions.....and I understand that this story defies logic....I am waiting for THE REST OF THE STORY to be revealed.

Yes, you are waiting for more information that will confirm your bias...got it.:thup:

:cuckoo:

This guy probably just became a multi millionaire because of idiotic cops.

Forum List

Back