Making Pot Roast With a Crock Pot is Easy and Delicious

lol. No I'm not. If I get too skinny...I look awful. Just awful. If I get too fat...my joints are carrying extra poundage which they hate and therefore makes me suffer. I was ok at 4 lbs less than what I am now. Believe me...my hip, knees and ankles are letting me know they are NOT happy. So getting that off..I will be ok. But I want 6 more lbs to go as well. THEN I will be back to where I was in my snorkel pic I have in the gallery.

I noticed. Now I am past hungry. I am starving. :lol:

So many great recipes for crockpots. I found this one years ago and have enjoyed it several times.

Peach Cobbler!

INGREDIENTS~

4 cups fresh or frozen sliced peeled peaches

1/4 cup sugar
1 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup milk
Ice cream or whipped cream
DIRECTIONS~

1 Spray 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In large bowl, gently toss peaches and 1/4 cup of the sugar. Turn into slow cooker.
2 In medium bowl, gently beat Bisquick mix, sugar and milk with whisk until blended. Pour over peaches in slow cooker.
3 Cover; cook on low heat setting 3 hours or until cobbler is set in center.
4 Serve cobbler with ice cream.

I have been making pot roasts in my wife's crock pot for the past few months and let me tell you, it is easy and delicious.

If I can do it, anyone can do it. I was using kits bought at Wallmart, but lately I have stopped doing that and started making them home brew style, and today was my best one yet.

What you need:
about a 2.5 pound Chuck Roast (not a Rump Roast, too lean)
whatever veggies you want, I suggest carrots, couple of potatoes, and a handful of onion, celery and radishes each

First, I put a couple of table spoons, or however much I need to cover the bottom of the skillet, of olive oil and heat till a drop of water crackles and spatters when you drop it in. Then I cut the roast into convenient pieces about a serving size each and brown them in the skillet.

While the roast is browning, and be sure to turn it, chop up your veggies after washing them. I dont peel my potatoes instead I scrub them to save the nutritious skin. When done I put them in and stir them up a bit dry. Then I salt and pepper it a bit, and put the roast pieces on top of the veggies. Dont let the roast brown too deeply as it dries the fat out of the meat a bit and makes it tougher and drier.

Then I put a cup of water in with the veggies, salt and pepper the meat, and then pour another cup of water on the oil left in the skillet. I use a spoon to stir in the brown stuff off the bottom of the skillet so it mixes with the oil.

I then pour the mixture of oil and water onto the meat and let the whole thing cook in the crock pot on 'high' for about 5 hours. Be sure to put the lid on it or nothing good will happen. Also, if you are unsure of when you might be back from an errand, you can switch it over to low before leaving, but double the remaining time if you do that.

I love the results. I would eat this every day but my wife gets tired of things kind of quickly so I only eat it for my lunches. It microwaves perfectly.

Dont worry about making much of a mistake, this thing is mostly fool proof, just dont use a Rump Roast and do have fun and experiment with different veggies, seasonings etc!

Yeah- I do much the same- very easy way to make dinner- I also like sweet potatoes in the mix- I cut up the potatoes because I find that they don't cook as fast as the carrots otherwise.

I prefer to cook the entire thing on the low setting- anyway- thanks for sharing

I love my crock pot...your right really easy.

For St. Patricks Day I put the corn beef small red potatoes. carrots chicken broth in the morning..and 1 hour before dinner I put the cabbage in.
I do have a large pot so it all may not fit in a smaller one.

Never fails and I don't have to stand over a boiling pot all day.

Yeah- that makes great corned beef- I skip the chicken broth though.

I have been making pot roasts in my wife's crock pot for the past few months and let me tell you, it is easy and delicious.

If I can do it, anyone can do it. I was using kits bought at Wallmart, but lately I have stopped doing that and started making them home brew style, and today was my best one yet.

What you need:
whatever veggies you want, I suggest carrots, couple of potatoes, and a handful of onion, celery and radishes each

First, I put a couple of table spoons, or however much I need to cover the bottom of the skillet, of olive oil and heat till a drop of water crackles and spatters when you drop it in. Then I cut the roast into convenient pieces about a serving size each and brown them in the skillet.

While the roast is browning, and be sure to turn it, chop up your veggies after washing them. I dont peel my potatoes instead I scrub them to save the nutritious skin. When done I put them in and stir them up a bit dry. Then I salt and pepper it a bit, and put the roast pieces on top of the veggies. Dont let the roast brown too deeply as it dries the fat out of the meat a bit and makes it tougher and drier.

Then I put a cup of water in with the veggies, salt and pepper the meat, and then pour another cup of water on the oil left in the skillet. I use a spoon to stir in the brown stuff off the bottom of the skillet so it mixes with the oil.

I then pour the mixture of oil and water onto the meat and let the whole thing cook in the crock pot on 'high' for about 5 hours. Be sure to put the lid on it or nothing good will happen. Also, if you are unsure of when you might be back from an errand, you can switch it over to low before leaving, but double the remaining time if you do that.

I love the results. I would eat this every day but my wife gets tired of things kind of quickly so I only eat it for my lunches. It microwaves perfectly.

Dont worry about making much of a mistake, this thing is mostly fool proof, just dont use a Rump Roast and do have fun and experiment with different veggies, seasonings etc!

That is the only way I make it, I starting doing it about a year ago, the meat gets very tender and the potatoes take on a great flavor add onion and carrots, first two hours on high , then low for 8 hours with a little beef broth, brown the meat on all sides before starting

What you need:

That is the only way I make it, I starting doing it about a year ago, the meat gets very tender and the potatoes take on a great flavor add onion and carrots, first two hours on high , then low for 8 hours with a little beef broth, brown the meat on all sides before starting
I do not have the patience or self control to smell that stuff for 8 hours without eating it, lol. That is why I do five hours on high.

But if you have the patience, a longer cooking time would seem to be the best way to go to keep from cooking off so much juice.

What you need:

I do not have the patience or self control to smell that stuff for 8 hours without eating it, lol. That is why I do five hours on high.

But if you have the patience, a longer cooking time would seem to be the best way to go to keep from cooking off so much juice.
But if you have the patience

I do a lot of sampling near the end

I do a lot of sampling near the end
Yeah, a lot of the kits I used to use would have you shred the meat and put it back with a second sauce on it and cook another 30 minutes or so.

About a quarter of a pound wouldnt ever make it back.

Forum List

Back