One of the "old man's favorite" :)

¼ cup vegetable oil

4 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon onion powder

8 ounces braunschweiger, sliced

salt and ground black pepper to taste

Directions
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir potatoes in hot oil to coat; season with garlic powder and onion powder. Cover the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are browned and tender, about 15 minutes. Drain excess oil.

Mash braunschweiger into potatoes. Cook and stir until braunschweiger is hot and slightly crisp, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to serve.

ER]

Thanks. I'm the only one in the house that likes Braunshweiger though. Sounds good.

¼ cup vegetable oil

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon onion powder

Directions
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir potatoes in hot oil to coat; season with garlic powder and onion powder. Cover the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are browned and tender, about 15 minutes. Drain excess oil.

Mash braunschweiger into potatoes. Cook and stir until braunschweiger is hot and slightly crisp, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to serve.

ER]
OMG! I bet this is amazing and I'm going to fix it.

¼ cup vegetable oil

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon onion powder

Directions

ER]
Not bad! Welcome back, I guess.

¼ cup vegetable oil

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon onion powder

Directions

ER]

Gotta try this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Braunschweiger was a big deal when I was a kid but I hated it then. Now I love it!

Gotta try this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Braunschweiger was a big deal when I was a kid but I hated it then. Now I love it!

I like it as good as using corned beef hash.
I substitute with Ore-Ida Potatoes O'Brien with Onions & Peppers Frozen Potatoes (generic version is fine)

I have some braunschweiger in the freezer that I've been saving for something special. I think this is it!

I have never froze braunschweiger. Leave a report. I might not be able to respond for awhile or ever if I have to go on vacation again.

I have never froze braunschweiger. Leave a report. I might not be able to respond for awhile or ever if I have to go on vacation again.

I'll make it tomorrow and let you know in a PM how it went

Just mind your manners. I know it's hard. I just got back from vacation too.

I'll make it tomorrow and let you know in a PM how it went

Just mind your manners. I know it's hard. I just got back from vacation too.

PM at any time.

Eew_AnVX0AAWCHq.jpg

I am certain Arlette would like this recipe. I got it in NYC.

I am rounding up the Austrian Dackel Stew recipe as well :abgg2q.jpg:

Last edited:

¼ cup vegetable oil

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon onion powder

Directions

ER]
Add some red peppers, maybe a jalapeño and you got something.

Forum List

Back