'American Way' of Making Tea Sends Internet Into Meltdown.

Boil water in a pot on the stove put two large tea bags in a mug pour boiling water on the tea bags, and add other ingredients if desired I like honey let cool a bit, and drink. As for type I like Lipton Black pekoe Tea.
Being southern, I mostly drink iced tea, which would upset an Englishman. :coffee: ☕
I like to make sun tea

then I mix it with lemonade , add vodka and some mint leaves.

I love making coffee in these pots

1706089530612.png

Boil water in a pot on the stove put two large tea bags in a mug pour boiling water on the tea bags, and add other ingredients if desired I like honey let cool a bit, and drink. As for type I like Lipton Black pekoe Tea.
Being southern, I mostly drink iced tea, which would upset an Englishman. :coffee: ☕

At least they drink Yorkshire Tea in California.

This topic has raised its head again.

A woman has sparked transatlantic rage after showing British people online how she makes tea the "American way."

Professional skater Alex Murphy, from popular British show Dancing on Ice, sent the internet into a meltdown after showing how she makes Britain's favourite hot beverage.

She began by filling the mug with cold water and a tea bag, adding milk and sugar. Murphy went on to microwave the drink and gave a thumbs-up in the reflection.

After a stir, she handed the concoction over to her British boyfriend who was originally grateful for the drink. It didn't last long however, after he took a single sip.

That's disgusting. Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but that is not a cup of tea," he said.

"Are you having a laugh?" he replied, after discovering exactly how it was made. He gave his final thoughts with just one gesture: throwing the mug on the floor.

/——/ Brits can’t make a decent cup of coffee either.

Yankees, Eurotrash and Illegals will never be civilized enough to enjoy a glass of Southern Sweet Ice Tea.

I love iced tea and make it every day. But, sweet tea in restaurants is much too sweet for me.

People who drink tea tend to have their own way of doing it. I am an american and I probably would not like the tea that person made by microwaving the bag in with the water. Seems like it would come out way too strong for my liking. We have an electric kettle shoved in a cabinet like the Brits prefer, but I usually nuke the water and then add the tea bag. That electric kettle is an ancient hold-over from college when I routinely used it to make oodles of noodles.

Well the way the person in this story makes tea is not the way the typical American makes a cup of tea. Seems that people have to much time on their hands if this becomes an international topic of conversation. I guess yall are bored like myself. Duck season is over, it's not fishing charters season , I still have a doe tag left. There is no room for a doe in my freezer though. All I have to do is rehab this house and get it on the market by spring. Hopefully my boredom will stop my procrastination. Evidently not because I am commenting on here about this.

Forum List

Back