Making America Great Again: President Trump Seriously Looking At Ending Birthright Citizenship

It's the next step in making America great again. Birthright Citizenship refers to Citizen parents, not Illegals. The 14th Amendment was only created for slaves after the civil war. It was not created for foreigners. Let's hear from the man who wrote the Citizenship clause himself, Senator John Jacob Howard:

"Every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States. This has long been a great desideratum in the jurisprudence and legislation of this country."

This understanding was reaffirmed by Senator Edward Cowan, who stated:

"[A foreigner in the United States] has a right to the protection of the laws; but he is not a citizen in the ordinary acceptance of the word..."

The phrase "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" was intended to exclude American-born persons from automatic citizenship whose allegiance to the United States was not complete.

President Trump Says He Is Still "Looking Seriously" at Ending Birthright Citizenship
White nationalists trying to slow down the demographics change lol....keep on living in fear and paranoia.

Well look at where these people came from and how they live. Of course we don't want that here. The land is not poison, the people are. They made their countries what they are today.
All ethnicities came here for a better opportunity i including whites. Why you feel so special as a white person?

We don't. We have the same right to make immigration policy as Americans always have had.

Why did you make it racial?

...*president* tRump cannot amend the Constitution by executive order.
True, however, he does have the power to order DOJ to float a fresh test-case by which the 5-4 SCOTUS may re-interpret the 14th and overturn older rulings. :21:
Proud of those activist judges are ya? Quite unamerican of you.
Thank you for your feedback. Meanwhile... enjoy the outcome of such a 5-4 decision, as it unfolds. :21:

True, however, he does have the power to order DOJ to float a fresh test-case by which the 5-4 SCOTUS may re-interpret the 14th and overturn older rulings. :21:

that would be interesting since it takes much more than the scotus to change an amendment.
We're not talking about changing an amendment... we're talking about re-interpreting the meaning or intent of an amendment... a much easier task, by comparison.

It's the next step in making America great again. Birthright Citizenship refers to Citizen parents, not Illegals. The 14th Amendment was only created for slaves after the civil war. It was not created for foreigners. Let's hear from the man who wrote the Citizenship clause himself, Senator John Jacob Howard:

"Every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States. This has long been a great desideratum in the jurisprudence and legislation of this country."

"[A foreigner in the United States] has a right to the protection of the laws; but he is not a citizen in the ordinary acceptance of the word..."

The phrase "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" was intended to exclude American-born persons from automatic citizenship whose allegiance to the United States was not complete.

President Trump Says He Is Still "Looking Seriously" at Ending Birthright Citizenship
White nationalists trying to slow down the demographics change lol....keep on living in fear and paranoia.

Well look at where these people came from and how they live. Of course we don't want that here. The land is not poison, the people are. They made their countries what they are today.
All ethnicities came here for a better opportunity i including whites. Why you feel so special as a white person?

We don't. We have the same right to make immigration policy as Americans always have had.

Cons and trump base made it about race.

You would lose. The 14th Amendment has already been held up to cover those born on US soil.

You can amend the Constitution, and with the 14th, that isn’t going to happen.
Thus, the need for DOJ to float a fresh Test Case, to fast-track it to SCOTUS, and let that 5-4 court work its magic... re-interpreting the intent or meaning of the Fourteenth.

that would be interesting since it takes much more than the scotus to change an amendment.
We're not talking about changing an amendment... we're talking about re-interpreting the meaning or intent of an amendment... a much easier task, by comparison.
I thought it was the right that always called out the left for legislating from the bench.

This is why I cannot support republicans. The things that incense me on the left end up being on the right as well as soon as power shifts.

No, that was you.

My point stands.

We have the same right to make immigration policy as Americans always have had.

I thought it was the right that always called out the left for legislating from the bench.

This is why I cannot support republicans. The things that incense me on the left end up being on the right as well as soon as power shifts.

The bad interpretation we have now, was legislating from the bench. We need to undo that madness.

No, that was you.

My point stands.

Here is how I see it...God made this land for his people , laws dont and wont matter...as you made it here or your ancestors others will. I rather have an illegal who works his ass off to better the life of his family, than a fat fuck in the middle of America who cant even walk straight and spends all day bashing minorities online. Survival of the fittest....I say let's trade all the useless obese rednecks with hardworking Latinos if you really love America.

The bad interpretation we have now, was legislating from the bench. We need to undo that madness.
Perhaps but the time for that has passed. The 14th has stood by its current interpretation for a VERY long time. I find this no less distasteful and wrong then those that want to legislate the second from existence by reinterpreting it to mean what they want it to mean.

If we really care about birthright citizenship then we have to pass an amendment. Anything less means not only is there a lack of conviction and will in this effort but that the left is perfectly fine reinterpreting the second to mean nothing.

There are a ton of examples of the government wildly misunderstanding the constitution in its plain writing. The cure is not to continue the asinine practice of simply redefining law when you don't like the outcome. The cure is passing an amendment that fixes those inane interpretations.

...There are a ton of examples of the government wildly misunderstanding the constitution in its plain writing. The cure is not to continue the asinine practice of simply redefining law when you don't like the outcome. The cure is passing an amendment that fixes those inane interpretations.
Indeed.

Unfortunately, a fresh Amendment is not in the cards.

And, if that's true, then the only way to treat the symptoms is to re-interpret.

Whatever gets the job done - quickly and effectively - and gets us past this latest invasion.

We can touch-up the scratches afterwards.

No, that was you.

My point stands.

Here is how I see it...God made this land for his people , laws dont and wont matter...as you made it here or your ancestors others will. I rather have an illegal who works his ass off to better the life of his family, than a fat fuck in the middle of America who cant even walk straight and spends all day bashing minorities online. Survival of the fittest....I say let's trade all the useless obese rednecks with hardworking Latinos if you really love America.

So, you don't respect the laws of the land, nor the rights of it' citizens to even make laws.

You are actively hostile to them, and you see this immigration as a survival of the fittest and you side those coming in against your fellow American citizens specifically, those "useless obese rural poor whites".

How is it, that in your mind, that is not racist of you, nor traitorous of your, nor even just plain evil?

BUT, btw, thanks for your honesty. I know that what you said, is the position of most liberals, they just mostly choose to lie.

Wrong. Illegal Aliens are not Subject to US Jurisdiction. This is why they can be deported simply for missing a Court date.
It's why they can be held in detention simply because they are here.

The Constitution defines that. ie: Subject to the Jusrisdiction.

Wrong.

The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution - Fourteenth Amendment - anchor babies birthright citizenship - interpretation and misinterpretation - US Constitution
The whole Anchor Baby Myth was created by The Democrat Party who have implemented a long term strategy of importing illegal immigrants in to their states and districts to bolster their populations, falsely acquire a larger share of Federal Dollars, and Game The System and gather to themselves an unfair share of Representatives in Congress.

The 14th Amendment was written to stop The Southern Democrat States from Discriminating against The Children of their Former Slaves and declared them US Citizens via The Constitution so that they could not be denied their rights by The Bigoted Democrat Party.

Which is why Trump should make an executive order about no more anchor babies and let the left push it to the Supreme.

The left never cared about the country, the left only cares about the left. At this very moment, China or some terrorist organization sent pregnant women here to have babies that become automatic citizens. They take those women and babies back and will raise the baby to adulthood with their radicalization. Then when they turn of age, they can walk into our country with no questions asked because they are technically Americans.

Birther Tourism is a real threat to the future of this country, but do you think one Democrat cares that we are creating more problems for this country, and quite possibly the next 911 attackers? Of course not. All they care about is power; power they can get from foreigners in this country legal or not.

Baron Trump is an anchor baby . Such a shame he will have to go back to his moms shithole country .
No he's not you dumbass! He was born of a mother who's a naturalized U.S. Citizen. Melania went through the Naturalization process the legal way.

Perhaps but the time for that has passed. The 14th has stood by its current interpretation for a VERY long time. I find this no less distasteful and wrong then those that want to legislate the second from existence by reinterpreting it to mean what they want it to mean.

If we really care about birthright citizenship then we have to pass an amendment. Anything less means not only is there a lack of conviction and will in this effort but that the left is perfectly fine reinterpreting the second to mean nothing.

There are a ton of examples of the government wildly misunderstanding the constitution in its plain writing. The cure is not to continue the asinine practice of simply redefining law when you don't like the outcome. The cure is passing an amendment that fixes those inane interpretations.

Sounds like the position of someone who does not really want to fix the law, but some one who wants to see illegals keep flooding into the country against our democratically enacted will.

Sounds like the position of someone who does not really want to fix the law, but some one who wants to see illegals keep flooding into the country against our democratically enacted will.
You can add whatever ill intentions to my motivation that you want, they are nothing more than straw men. My statements stand for themselves.

You can add whatever ill intentions to my motivation that you want, they are nothing more than straw men. My statements stand for themselves.

Not strawman. My analysis of what your position will lead to and what it implies of your position.

Hardly a strawman.

MY position stands.

Not strawman. My analysis of what your position will lead to and what it implies of your position.

Hardly a strawman.

MY position stands.

sigh

I would have thought you has something more to add than demonizing and name calling. I stand corrected.

Hardly a strawman.

MY position stands.

sigh

I would have thought you has something more to add than demonizing and name calling. I stand corrected.

I did not call you a name. Implying that you wanted illegal immigration to continue, is hardly "Demonizing" in our current political environment.

Your claims seem to be about changing the subject from the subject to my behavior. A common tactic in liberals who know they can't defend their positions.

Much of the constitution is ambiguous for the reason of interpretations as times change. We all know the Democrat party evolved to the anti-white party, and their goal is to make whites a minority as soon as possible to have ultimate unchallenged control of this country. So there will be no cooperation as long as they have some power to stop the right thing.

Forum List

Back