Make it so number one! Patrick Stewart to reprise role and return to Star Trek.

Sorry, Kirk is, was and always will be the greatest Star Ship captain in the whole history of time.....

You'll get no argument from me, sir. Kirk was always so much over-the-top fun, he could beat up multiple guys at once using bizarre moves that defy Newtonian physics. Remember that episode when the Enterprise was accidentally sent back to the late '60s and it ended up with Kirk in that Air Force base beating up a room full of guys - by being a human bowling ball and launching himself as a physical missile, knocking them over like bowling pins? It would be hard to pick out a funnier Star Trek fight. Or that ep. when the Andorian traitor stabs Kirk and he still manages to bounce himself off the wall to be a "flying leg kick" projectile and knock the Andorian stabber out.

Now that I think of it, James T. Kirk was the only Star Trek icon so badass he could always knock someone out with one punch or a tiny little karate chop to the shoulder. Holy shit, is there anything Capt. Kirk couldn't do?

Just started Deep Space 9.

What the hell is with this 4:3 format??? Black bars on the left and right. Is the whole series like this? Looks terrible on a 4k screen

What the hell is with this 4:3 format??? Black bars on the left and right. Is the whole series like this? Looks terrible on a 4k screen

I don't know, I always watched it on regular TV. But the best seasons are roughly 3-6, the "Worf years."

Strongbow_FiredEMBARGOMondayAM15.jpg

Strongbow commercials not bringing in enough?

One of the greatest TNG episodes, the only episode that lets Deanna Troi really go nuts with her acting chops as a fiery, surgically-altered Romulan bureaucrat. The Romulan commander herself was so slouch, either. Acting-wise she was as rock-solid as Marina Sirtis......who, yes, looks even sexier as a Romulan.

I bring it up because the BBCrap just played this episode a few hours ago here and obviously it does stand out.

Last edited:
Even as a Kirk fan I'm such a wonderful stud, I'm throwing you Jean-Luc Picard fans a nice, delicious acting bone to chew on. With the always amazing, epic character actor, David Warner.

She was weak. Picard was great, and Kirk is the standard by which all other Captains are measured.
I HATED her at first but grew to love the role she played. Especially the role where she welcomed 7 of 9! Meow!

The question is, who's hotter? 7 of 9, or T'Pol?

7 of 9, of course, that goes without saying! T'Pol's hair looked too tomboyish, even for a Vulcan.
Blaylock called it her Frankenstein hair.

She looks better with long hair

It is always a bit startling to see Jolene with long blond hair. I'll just have to find a way to get used to it.

:hitit:

Now that I think of it, James T. Kirk was the only Star Trek icon so badass he could always knock someone out with one punch or a tiny little karate chop to the shoulder. Holy shit, is there anything Capt. Kirk couldn't do?
Apparently, get a season 4.

Why doesn't Patrick Stewart age? He could still easily pass as 55 or 75.

he must be part vampire!

He was in "LIFEFORCE". With hair.

I remember that '80s movie Lifeforce! I remember it was one of those movies that was so bizarre, it was fascinating to watch in its sheer whackiness. Definitely one of those cheesy guilty-pleasure movies.

Also had a well-built British chick that strolled naked through 3/4 of the film. :113:
1bed406c_600full-mathilda-may.jpeg

It was all shot 4:3 aspect ratio because those series were all long before HDTV. Best to leave it that way. You can stretch it to 16:9 but it makes everyone look fat. Just turn down the room light and pretend the TV is the old style.

I hate what CBS has done to the Star Trek image to be honest. Instead of including some very talented creators, they sued them to keep them from getting their movie made instead of bringing them into the fold.

I really wanted to see that fanfic movie, "Axanar". I think you can still get parts of it in, "The Four Years War Part III: Prelude to Axanar".

It is a movie dealing with the first Klingon War and featured Garth of Izar who first came into the ST lexicon in "Whom Gods Destroy" S3E14.

Great moment from Star Trek's greatest villain, Gul Dukat (DS9). No, I don't intend this post to be a Dukat vs. Khan competition for the most delicious, scenery-chewing Trek villain, that's another debate and another thread for another time.

I like Gul Dukat but Commander Tomalok was also memorable:

upload_2018-8-15_22-52-1.jpg

He was played by Andreas Katsulas - the same guy who played the one-armed man in Harrison Ford’s ‘The Fugitive’:

upload_2018-8-15_22-56-16.jpeg

And as G’kar on Babylon 5:

upload_2018-8-15_23-0-9.jpeg

Even as a Kirk fan I'm such a wonderful stud, I'm throwing you Jean-Luc Picard fans a nice, delicious acting bone to chew on. With the always amazing, epic character actor, David Warner.

Stewart, Warner, and Ian McKellen are all best buds in real life.

I HATED her at first but grew to love the role she played. Especially the role where she welcomed 7 of 9! Meow!

The question is, who's hotter? 7 of 9, or T'Pol?

7 of 9, of course, that goes without saying! T'Pol's hair looked too tomboyish, even for a Vulcan.
Blaylock called it her Frankenstein hair.

She looks better with long hair

It is always a bit startling to see Jolene with long blond hair. I'll just have to find a way to get used to it.

:hitit:
I recommend you just avoid looking at the hair. Train your gaze elsewhere. It works for me.

I have watched 2 episodes of Deep Space 9.

The acting and directing is so awful I don't know if I can continue. Does it get better?

I have watched 2 episodes of Deep Space 9.

The acting and directing is so awful I don't know if I can continue. Does it get better?

Go to some of the Worf-heavy, VERY Klingon episodes in its upper seasons. Or the episodes that feature scenery-chewing Cardassian actors (you can find the best eps. by looking at their plot sypnosis on IMDB.com). Or the brilliantly done, hilariously amusing episode, "Trials and Tribbleations" in which they went back in time to the original episode "The Trouble With Tribbles." Where they perfectly merged footage of the DS9 characters with the actual footage of that original episode so it's perfectly seamless. Even if you don't like DS9 it's still one of the visually interesting, well-blended episodes of Star Trek you can imagine. And just as funny.

Just keep watching DS9. It gets better. Although Avery Brooks' stilted delivery never gets better. If you can't stand Quark, you won't like the series. He's fairly prominent. The wormhole is the center of the action more than the station.

Forum List

Back