Madonna gets skewered online after asking wheelchair-ridden fan to stand up at concert

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
The problem with the egos of todays stars. Who cares if the guy doesn't stand, he paid his money. Just dance, lip synch and grind the floor and let paying customers decide how to react. This one backfired on her, you should never single out one person.

The "diva" term to me just means rude A-holes who have it easy.

Pop star Madonna is getting skewered online after making a massive blunder at her concert.

Video of the "Material Girl" singer has surfaced online, showing her berating someone in the crowd at her concert for not standing up. "What are you doing sitting down over there?" she asked, pointing directly at the individual. "What are you doing sitting down?" she said again.

Madonna strutted down the runway to get a better visual of the person, eliciting a reaction from the crowd, only to learn that the person she was speaking to was in a wheelchair.

"Oh, okay," she said. "Politically incorrect. Sorry about that. I'm glad you're here."

Many social media users expressed their outrage towards Madonna, criticizing her for making any remark in the first place.

"What an absolute disgrace! Shame on her! That’s unacceptable!" one person wrote in part on X.

The problem with the egos of todays stars. Who cares if the guy doesn't stand, he paid his money. Just dance, lip synch and grind the floor and let paying customers decide how to react. This one backfired on her, you should never single out one person.

Pop star Madonna is getting skewered online after making a massive blunder at her concert.

Video of the "Material Girl" singer has surfaced online, showing her berating someone in the crowd at her concert for not standing up. "What are you doing sitting down over there?" she asked, pointing directly at the individual. "What are you doing sitting down?" she said again.

Madonna strutted down the runway to get a better visual of the person, eliciting a reaction from the crowd, only to learn that the person she was speaking to was in a wheelchair.

"Oh, okay," she said. "Politically incorrect. Sorry about that. I'm glad you're here."

Many social media users expressed their outrage towards Madonna, criticizing her for making any remark in the first place.

"What an absolute disgrace! Shame on her! That’s unacceptable!" one person wrote in part on X.
Mistakes happen.....like when that guy wearing 4 inch spiked heels took a spill while pulling her in her chair.

"Rude" and "Ignorant" need to be listed as required skills to get a job in the "entertainment" field.

Put down the pearls.

This is just funny.

It was said that the person in that chair was issued an apology. and she told the person that she was glad that they had come to see her, but what amazes me if the fact that she is still able to have tour dates when she is supposed to be getting sued for being so constantly late at getting her shows started. In other words, why is any venue still making deals with her?

God bless you and Madonna and the person in the wheelchair always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back