Maddow Puts The Blood Of Dead Meat Plant Workers On Trump’s Hands

She has a very good point.

All trump did was give guidelines but says the company only has to make a good faith effort. The letter that goes with the EO clearly states no state is even allowed to make a meat plant operate with in procedures.

So trump is ordering no state can close those plants but also says no state can set or enforce procedures to make things safe for the employees. That OSHA will accept good faith efforts.

It is further prescription for more infections and more deaths. trump is putting money ahead of lives. He doesn't realize how doing that will cause the plants to be shutdown because there's no one who will work there. Then what is trump going to do? Force people to work there?

If he made all the safety measures MANDATORY without exceptions then I can see how an EO would be effective.

He can write all the EOs he wants. That's not going to get people to risk their lives to process meat for other people.

When I see trump and his followers in those plants working under those conditions then I might take him seriously but he's willing to do that to other people. Not himself. We all know why.

It's disgusting to see people put money before life.

If you don't want to be starving in a few months I wouldn't be talking like this if I were you.

Right now our food supply is being destroyed by Democrats.

You want to put workers in unsafe working conditions for it. That is not acceptable. Democrats have nothing to do with it. It is the responsibility of the management. If they have created unsafe working conditions then they should be prosecuted.
Your ilk opposed trying to stop the flood off disease ridden illegals from Central America, so you may now STFU.

If I was a worker there working in those conditions I'd quickly find a better place to work. Why would any american work in those conditions? And then to top it off for a low wage probably and a virus....no thanks. I would think many will choose not to go back and I don't blame them.
Can you guess why the wingers here don't care about the workers? It all started on the escalator.

I'd start by recognizing the profit-driven companies had a compelling reason to close the plants - hundreds of people were becoming sick. I'd install a severe testing regime, if available, require mandatory protective equipment, and ask for volunteers/new applicants to replace those fearful of dying for the sake of a low-paying job. Maybe bump a 100% hazardous-duty salary premium and guaranteed 100% healthcare coverage for those ordered by the government to return to work.

Good points all.

Of course, had those workers had a strong trade union representation, all these, along with social distancing / separation of workplaces, places where to take a break, and probably more would have been implemented as the coronavirus started to make packed working conditions a petri dish for outbreaks. Now, because of the plutocracy-ordered emasculation of trade unions, hundreds are infected and some are dead.

All the while we watch Rightardia erupt in disgust over lazy minimum wage workers and their risk aversion, while insisting they - THOSE PEOPLE - risk their lives for cheap meat. Just as they earlier insisted they - THOSE PEOPLE - risk their lives for cheap gas. That's before they erupt in spluttering apoplexy over the sanctity of life - provided it has yet to draw its first breath.

Rightardia is funny like that.

After Cuomo killed about 3,500 nursing home patients by forcing them to admit the grim reaper, a left wing info-babe blames the President for the deaths of some meat packing workers in North Dakota? WTF?
That’s different.

Yes there is hypocrisy on the right just like the massive hypocrisy on the left. Both sides claim they want american workers to have good wages but will complain when something made here costs double what it costs to have it made in China. Hypocrites.

Post after post from the "pro life" republicans demanding that people needlessly put their lives in jeopardy so those republicans can have meat.

Post after post from the "pro life" republicans insisting it's ok to put people's lives in jeopardy just so those republicans can have meat.

Post after post from the "pro life" republicans not giving a damn about human life. All they want is their meat. They don't care who has to die for them to get it.

The owners of these companies who don't take all necessary steps to protect their employees from the virus show that they only care about money. trump writing that EO with absolutely no mandatory protections for workers shows he only cares about money and his reelection.

They show in post after post they are anything but "pro life."
If you have to stoop to bringing abortion into the conversation, you lost.

Put 'killing babies' and your screen name in the Search function.

I dare you. I just saw the results of that.
You dare me?????? :iyfyus.jpg:

You don't want to see how many times you deflected to 'killing babies' in a discussion? I don't blame you. Self-awareness might be fatal in your case.

It's be something if those ants couldn't get workers to show up.
Not really. For every worker that won't show up there are 20 waiting to take their place. Many are foreigners whose visa is dependent on The job. Send them back.

Air traffic controllers went on strike thinking they would shut down all airports and bring air traffic to a standstill. President Reagan fired all of them. There wasn't even a minor disruption. That's how it's done.

Yep so like I said many would rather pay foreigners less to do the same job. Here in lies the problem. Fighting against good wages...the american way.

I'd start by recognizing the profit-driven companies had a compelling reason to close the plants - hundreds of people were becoming sick. I'd install a severe testing regime, if available, require mandatory protective equipment, and ask for volunteers/new applicants to replace those fearful of dying for the sake of a low-paying job. Maybe bump a 100% hazardous-duty salary premium and guaranteed 100% healthcare coverage for those ordered by the government to return to work.

Good points all.

Of course, had those workers had a strong trade union representation, all these, along with social distancing / separation of workplaces, places where to take a break, and probably more would have been implemented as the coronavirus started to make packed working conditions a petri dish for outbreaks. Now, because of the plutocracy-ordered emasculation of trade unions, hundreds are infected and some are dead.

All the while we watch Rightardia erupt in disgust over lazy minimum wage workers and their risk aversion, while insisting they - THOSE PEOPLE - risk their lives for cheap meat. Just as they earlier insisted they - THOSE PEOPLE - risk their lives for cheap gas. That's before they erupt in spluttering apoplexy over the sanctity of life - provided it has yet to draw its first breath.

Rightardia is funny like that.

Yes, while they opine producers would be forced to "price-gouge" if payroll increased. Labor costs in the food industry average 5.7% of the market price - and that includes farm, processing, transportation, and retail labor. It's ignorance piled on venality. Or vice-versa.

All trump did was give guidelines but says the company only has to make a good faith effort. The letter that goes with the EO clearly states no state is even allowed to make a meat plant operate with in procedures.

So trump is ordering no state can close those plants but also says no state can set or enforce procedures to make things safe for the employees. That OSHA will accept good faith efforts.

It is further prescription for more infections and more deaths. trump is putting money ahead of lives. He doesn't realize how doing that will cause the plants to be shutdown because there's no one who will work there. Then what is trump going to do? Force people to work there?

If he made all the safety measures MANDATORY without exceptions then I can see how an EO would be effective.

He can write all the EOs he wants. That's not going to get people to risk their lives to process meat for other people.

When I see trump and his followers in those plants working under those conditions then I might take him seriously but he's willing to do that to other people. Not himself. We all know why.

Nope. Simply nope. Just nope.

Maddow is a fucking conspiracy nutjob. ANYONE who takes that buffoon seriously needs a mental checkup

You are the one who needs a mental checkup. You are the conspiracy theorist.

Grampa is not a Conspiracy Theorist, actually no Rightist is and considering the Leftists have been for FOUR YEARS babbling on about Muh Russian Collision when they was NO Muh Russian Collision I suggest Pot Meet Kettle.

The fact is that the Russians hacked the DNC servers. The fact is that Manafort gave a associate with ties to Russian Intelligence internal polling data, campaign documents and strategy to this individual shortly before Russia bought pro-Trump ads on social media. The fact is that members of the Trump campaign agreed to meet with a Russian national after she said she had dirt on Clinton. The campaign did not collude in the sense that the campaign and Russia had secret meetings. The fact is that the campaign knew the Russians wanted him to win and the campaign did everything they could to help the Russians to help Trump.

The right wing has the ultimate conspiracy theory. The deep state. Everyone in the government is conspiring against Trump.

Post after post from the "pro life" republicans demanding that people needlessly put their lives in jeopardy so those republicans can have meat.

Post after post from the "pro life" republicans insisting it's ok to put people's lives in jeopardy just so those republicans can have meat.

Post after post from the "pro life" republicans not giving a damn about human life. All they want is their meat. They don't care who has to die for them to get it.

The owners of these companies who don't take all necessary steps to protect their employees from the virus show that they only care about money. trump writing that EO with absolutely no mandatory protections for workers shows he only cares about money and his reelection.

You don't want to see how many times you deflected to 'killing babies' in a discussion? I don't blame you. Self-awareness might be fatal in your case.
Sure, go fetch.

It’s so surprising she would blame the Don.

He wrote the EO. He wrote the letter saying they didn't have to comply to any procedures. He wrote the letter that said all the companies have to do is show a good faith effort.

Yes he is to blame for what he does.
I suppose, but she’d blame him for a cloudy day.

She might but in this situation she's right.

I don't watch her. She's way too long winded for me. I keep waiting for her to get to her point. It takes forever. I'm a cut through the garbage and get to the point kind of person. So I don't watch her.

I found this article on a website and thought that people should know about this.

A president isn't supposed to knowingly put the citizens of this nation at risk.

It's not just the workers. It's all those in their lives and who they come in contact with I their day to day lives.

Innocent people will die needlessly. Only because trump won't make safety required and won't stop putting money and his reelection before the people of our nation.

"
Sure, go fetch.

I just want you to remember this: "If you have to stoop to bringing abortion into the conversation, you lost." Not that I think there's a chance in hell you will.

If you don't want to be starving in a few months I wouldn't be talking like this if I were you.

You want to put workers in unsafe working conditions for it. That is not acceptable. Democrats have nothing to do with it. It is the responsibility of the management. If they have created unsafe working conditions then they should be prosecuted.
Your ilk opposed trying to stop the flood off disease ridden illegals from Central America, so you may now STFU.

I stand for what America has traditionally been. A haven for people in fear of their lives. Drug cartels have taken over these countries and they are fed by American dollars. The fact is that illegals have nothing to do with this. The only disease I see is the one you are trying to spread. Hatred of everyone who is not white and not a male.

YOU STFU.

"
Sure, go fetch.

I just want you to remember this: "If you have to stoop to bringing abortion into the conversation, you lost." Not that I think there's a chance in hell you will.
Wai. I thought you had all kinds of examples of me changing the subject to abortion.

I guess you are full of shit. I’m shocked, shocked I tells ya!

I stand for what America has traditionally been. A haven for people in fear of their lives. Drug cartels have taken over these countries and they are fed by American dollars. The fact is that illegals have nothing to do with this. The only disease I see is the one you are trying to spread. Hatred of everyone who is not white and not a male.

YOU STFU.
See. Still denying you support illegals with numerous diseases flooding the country.

"
Sure, go fetch.

Wai. I thought you had all kinds of examples of me changing the subject to abortion.

I guess you are full of shit. I’m shocked, shocked I tells ya!

You know it's there.

Forum List

Back