Macs - not loving it

I couldn't imagine working at McDonald's and expecting to make a living wage or guaranteed hours. To my mind it's ludicrous. When I worked at McDonald's it was a means to garner work experience while earning money for movies, condoms, a car and gasoline. The idea that someone would make a career out the place is... sad.
They just want to pay their rent you dumb fuck.

Than I guess they should get a real job....or lots of room mates.

What a bizarre set of responses.
Its perverse to not want better pay and conditions. The money is there so they should get a fair share.

Its perverse to not want better pay and conditions.

No one is against that.

The money is there so they should get a fair share.

The money is there to pay more to low skilled workers?
Why do you feel their current share is unfair?
You have a lot of experience making payroll?
Its the ongoing struggle between labour and capital.Macs are a huge company and an afford to pay more.They can also afford to give out better contracts.They should treat their employees as people. Of course right wing trash are only there to support big business screw the taxpayer and their workers so I doubt that this will register with yourself.

Why don't you open your own business and pay your employees a living wage while they flip burgers for You?

Seeing you have all the answers you should be able to do this and when you fail then tell me how those flipping burgers and asking those like you if you want to super size your fries and drink deserve a living wage...

McDonald's is a starting job and not one you make a career out of unless you have no skills at all

McDonalds is not career.
Maybe these people should join the military and learn a trade.

Its perverse to not want better pay and conditions. The money is there so they should get a fair share.

Its perverse to not want better pay and conditions.

No one is against that.

The money is there so they should get a fair share.

The money is there to pay more to low skilled workers?
Why do you feel their current share is unfair?
You have a lot of experience making payroll?
Its the ongoing struggle between labour and capital.Macs are a huge company and an afford to pay more.They can also afford to give out better contracts.They should treat their employees as people. Of course right wing trash are only there to support big business screw the taxpayer and their workers so I doubt that this will register with yourself.

How do you know? What about the taxes they pay? Do those taxes not count?
What taxes ?
How McDonald's 'avoided paying £730m in tax' | Daily Mail Online

All legal, and how much did you pay in taxes last year? Or are you a complete leech?

"The Financial Times says an effective tax rate of just 1.49 per cent was paid on $1.8bn (£1.4bn) of profit generated since 2009.

McDonald's has always denied wrongdoing and says it paid $2.5bn (£2bn) of tax in Europe between 2011-2015, at an effective rate of 27 per cent. It adds that most restaurants are run by franchisees, who pay taxes locally."

McDonald's launches long-awaited 'McDelivery' option

21271290_1710973792259604_3895916780835052811_n.jpg

Well done kids. Fast food is an easy target once people find the courage to fight for their entitlement. They aint going to move Crayford Macs to India are they ?

Most people who work at fast food places are young. It's often their first job, and gives them valuable work experience. If wages are pushed too high, many of these young people will be priced out of the job market, damaging their future job prospects. Ultimately, this will mean fewer jobs.

When you go to Europe, you can see what rigid labor laws and wages have done in the fast food business - they are being automated out. Automation in Europe is several years ahead of America. But it's starting here now. Jacking up minimum wages will only accelerate this trend.

Most people who work at fast food places are young. It's often their first job, and gives them valuable work experience. If wages are pushed too high, many of these young people will be priced out of the job market, damaging their future job prospects. Ultimately, this will mean fewer jobs.

When you go to Europe, you can see what rigid labor laws and wages have done in the fast food business - they are being automated out. Automation in Europe is several years ahead of America. But it's starting here now. Jacking up minimum wages will only accelerate this trend.
I would imagine that a lot of Macs employees are students using it to pay their way through college. These kids wont be there in 10 years time but they still have bills to pay today. 20 hours this week but 10 hours next week and none the week after. How do they pay rent and feed themselves on that ?

There is an imbalance between the employer and the employee at the moment and the needs of the employee are not a factor. Hopefully this can be resolved to everybodies satisfaction.

Not convinced about automation either. Where I have been it looks cumbersome and too slow.

21271225_10154623032922471_2429894248681353415_n.jpg

Well done kids. Fast food is an easy target once people find the courage to fight for their entitlement. They aint going to move Crayford Macs to India are they ?

Fast food is an easy target once people find the courage to fight for their entitlement.

Da comrade.
Are people not entitled to withdraw their labour Comrade ?

Fast food is an easy target once people find the courage to fight for their entitlement.

Da comrade.

Of course they are. And, if they demand too much for their unskilled labor they will indeed be replaced by robots. Then they get to either starve, resort to crime, or hopefully, obtain a better education so that they have more valuable skills in the workplace. Commies, like you, seem to think that unskilled labor is worth more than it is so are willing to drive people to the dole rather than help them to get a better education.

Dumb poor people are easier to rule so collectivists asshats, such as yourself, rely on the poor and uneducated to keep your power. You simply don't want an educated workforce as they are a threat to your life style.

Da comrade.

Of course they are. And, if they demand too much for their unskilled labor they will indeed be replaced by robots. Then they get to either starve, resort to crime, or hopefully, obtain a better education so that they have more valuable skills in the workplace. Commies, like you, seem to think that unskilled labor is worth more than it is so are willing to drive people to the dole rather than help them to get a better education.

Dumb poor people are easier to rule so collectivists asshats, such as yourself, rely on the poor and uneducated to keep your power. You simply don't want an educated workforce as they are a threat to your life style.
Oh dear, a lot of projecting going on in this post old fella.
Firstly I am not a commie and I am unaware of any "power" I have. My lifestyle is funded by myself and my own hard work.
Why do you feel so threatened by the idea of a strike ? Why do you give bad employers a blank cheque to screw their staff ?
Labour is worth what it can get. And employers will pay what it can get away with. Its a constant struggle. Always has been and always will be.

Forum List

Back