Macron: Europe needs its own sovereignty in defence, even with new U.S. government

Go for it if Europe wants to take the lead in handling it's own security I have no problem with that. We have heard more than a few times America should not be the worlds policemen so if other nations want to handle their own security cool.
Do you really think the US is securing France, for example?
I think the U.S. pays a shitload of money to help with the defense of Europe which includes France if they want to take the lead on that I'm all for it.

...Right now they couldnt defend themselves if they had too. ...

We could. But it would always end with a mass-killing of millions, hundreds of millions or even billions of people. And this makes no sense.

Last edited:
That's a laugh, they don't even want to pay their NATO dues. ...

What's a bullshit. Everyone pays the own army - and Germany pays the same money to the institution NATO as the USA is doing, I heard. Best is meanwhile really to do what Trump said in this context - but on totally other reasons: You are not able to defend what you hate. And the USA hates as well Germany as it hates Europe. So take your soldiers - all of them. Leave Germany. Bye bye. I don't like to have here in Germany an army full of idiots, who hate everyone, who is not an US-American.

Last edited:

What's a bullshit. Everyone pays the own army - and Germany pays the same money to the institution NATO as the USA is doing, I heard. Best is meanwhile really to do what Trump said in this context - but on totally other reasons: You are not able to defend what you hate. And the USA hates as well Germany as it hates Europe. So take your soldiers - all of them. Leave Germany. Bye bye. I don't like to have here in Germany an army full of idiots, who hate everyone, who is not an US-American.
You fucking monkey. Welcomes every fucking monkey that hates us, our culture, religion, everything.

What do folks think about European efforts to forge an identity and a “great power” role independent of the U.S.? The articles below discuss continuing French and German discussions (and disagreements) about the need for a separate “EU Army” distinct from NATO, and efforts to build up a separate EU arms industry. Trump’s efforts to get Europe to pay more “for defending itself,” and trade disputes with Europe under his administration, have paradoxically led to talk of developing a more sovereign role in the world. Of course Europe has many internal conflicts. Personally I think Brexit will ultimately strengthen French-German-led European unity.

Has the EU’s “soft power” or independent thinking in trade or its sense of distinctness grown in the last 4 years — despite Brexit, Covid-19 and immigration problems? Will a Biden presidency repair trans-Atlantic unity or has permanent damage occurred? Is this all a fake effort of Macron (and Angela Merkel) to boost their popularity at home? Do NATO & the CIA and financial ties doom Europe to remain tied as a caboose to the American train? Are there really still strong common interests that bind Europe to the U.S. — or will Europe in future find it has more interests in separately negotiating with Russia and China?

PARIS (Reuters) - Europe still needs its own independent and sovereign defence strategy, even if it is dealing with a new U.S. government which may result in friendlier ties, French President Emmanuel Macron told the “Revue Grand Continent” publication.

In an interview with the publication, Macron rebuffed comments from German Defence Minister Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer to Politico on Nov. 2, in which the German minister said Europe would have to remain dependent on U.S. military protection for the near future.

“I am in complete disagreement with the opinion article published in Politico by the German defence minister,” said Macron, adding he believed German Chancellor Angela Merkel shared his position on this issue.

“The United States will only respect us as allies if we are serious about our own position, and if we have our own sovereignty regarding our defence,” said Macron.

“We need to continue to build up our own autonomy, just as the United States does for itself, and just as China does for itself,” added Macron.

Macron spoke to U.S. President-elect Joe Biden on Nov 10, and told Biden he was ready to work with him on issues such as the climate, health, and the fight against terrorism.

Macron: Europe needs its own sovereignty in defence, even with new U.S. government

The idea of a “European Army” is not new. This article from 2 years ago shows that it grew as German & French hostility to and from Donald Trump rose higher.

Merkel joins Macron in calling for EU army to complement NATO
They have learned that the US foreign policy is a constant and doesn´t change too much with a new President. In the past they even helped the US hurting them, in Libya, Syria, Ukraine, but maybe, at least the French had some kind of awakening. Now they need to outvote the German slaves that deny sovereignty.

You fucking monkey. Welcomes every fucking monkey that hates us, our culture, religion, everything.

Good grief. And this says the extremist Nazi idiot, who once tried to convince everyone that he is a German.

...those jackass Europeans formed the EU--monopolizing against the US.....so they can form their own defense/etc ...

Good grief. And this says the extremist Nazi idiot, who once tried to convince everyone that he is a German.
How many rapists and murderers do you want to take over the US bases once the troops left?

...those jackass Europeans formed the EU--monopolizing against the US.....so they can form their own defense/etc ...
Read here:

We could. But it would always end with a mass-killing of millions, hundreds of millions or even billions of people. And this makes no sense.
I agree with about nuclear war making “no sense.” Not sure who you mean by “We.” The French and British have their own nuclear weapons, but not the Germans at present.

By the way, the quote you are responding to comes not from me, but apparently from Manonthestreet (comment #2), who in any case was clear he/she was talking about Europeans.

I agree with about nuclear war making “no sense.” Not sure who you mean by “We.” The French and British have their own nuclear weapons, but not the Germans at present.

By the way, the quote you are responding to comes not from me, but apparently from Manonthestreet (comment #2), who in any case was clear he/she was talking about Europeans.

When I said "we" here I thought about Germany.

How many rapists and murderers do you want to take over the US bases once the troops left?

¿"?"? ... Okay - perhaps you are in reality an alien from a parallel universe. Who is able to know this?

¿"?"? ... Okay - perhaps you are in reality an alien from a parallel universe. Who is able to know this?
Sure, why not.

What do folks think about European efforts to forge an identity and a “great power” role independent of the U.S.? The articles below discuss continuing French and German discussions (and disagreements) about the need for a separate “EU Army” distinct from NATO, and efforts to build up a separate EU arms industry. Trump’s efforts to get Europe to pay more “for defending itself,” and trade disputes with Europe under his administration, have paradoxically led to talk of developing a more sovereign role in the world. Of course Europe has many internal conflicts. Personally I think Brexit will ultimately strengthen French-German-led European unity.

Has the EU’s “soft power” or independent thinking in trade or its sense of distinctness grown in the last 4 years — despite Brexit, Covid-19 and immigration problems? Will a Biden presidency repair trans-Atlantic unity or has permanent damage occurred? Is this all a fake effort of Macron (and Angela Merkel) to boost their popularity at home? Do NATO & the CIA and financial ties doom Europe to remain tied as a caboose to the American train? Are there really still strong common interests that bind Europe to the U.S. — or will Europe in future find it has more interests in separately negotiating with Russia and China?

PARIS (Reuters) - Europe still needs its own independent and sovereign defence strategy, even if it is dealing with a new U.S. government which may result in friendlier ties, French President Emmanuel Macron told the “Revue Grand Continent” publication.

In an interview with the publication, Macron rebuffed comments from German Defence Minister Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer to Politico on Nov. 2, in which the German minister said Europe would have to remain dependent on U.S. military protection for the near future.

“I am in complete disagreement with the opinion article published in Politico by the German defence minister,” said Macron, adding he believed German Chancellor Angela Merkel shared his position on this issue.

“The United States will only respect us as allies if we are serious about our own position, and if we have our own sovereignty regarding our defence,” said Macron.

“We need to continue to build up our own autonomy, just as the United States does for itself, and just as China does for itself,” added Macron.

Macron spoke to U.S. President-elect Joe Biden on Nov 10, and told Biden he was ready to work with him on issues such as the climate, health, and the fight against terrorism.

The idea of a “European Army” is not new. This article from 2 years ago shows that it grew as German & French hostility to and from Donald Trump rose higher.

Macron knows that biden is owned by the Russians and the Chinese, along with his entire party.....obama didn't stand up to Russia and didn't give Ukraine any help against Russian aggression........they pretend to hate Trump, but they know Trump was anti-Russian, while the democrats are either playing footsie with putin, or will just not lift a finger to stop him.

Macron knows that biden is owned by the Russians and the Chinese, along with his entire party.....obama didn't stand up to Russia and didn't give Ukraine any help against Russian aggression........they pretend to hate Trump, but they know Trump was anti-Russian, while the democrats are either playing footsie with putin, or will just not lift a finger to stop him.
You can´t call Obama´s nazi coup Russian aggression. In fact, it is US aggression.

Sadly he is correct. We can no longer be trusted. The tRump *administration* has destroyed our credibility. A hundred years of trust and cooperation thrown out by one rabid wannabe dictator.

Go for it if Europe wants to take the lead in handling it's own security I have no problem with that. We have heard more than a few times America should not be the worlds policemen so if other nations want to handle their own security cool.
AMEN. I'm one of those people who wants to take the United States out of the United Nations.
We have enough problems of our own and we already rescued Europe twice in the 20th century. The UN is nothing but a useless propaganda vehicle that our enemies use against us.
I have thought that we could do without NATO now that the Soviet Union is gone. NATO was made for one purpose-protect the West against Soviet expansion. The Soviets are gone.
Fucking Russian Troll.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz

Forum List

Back