Lumber prices are getting absurd!

Last year I was paying under 3.00 per 2x4
Last week I paid just over 6.00 per 2x4
Just now I paid 7.45 per 2x4

What the literal fuck
Fires and droughts on the west coast.
Another reminder of the interconnectivity. Many of the low information types here probably thought "fires in California? Bunch'a Liberals - WGAF?". Now they're paying for it. But they still deny climate change because dopes like Hannity tell them to.
WRONG

Ok, so it's higher demand and the Invisible Hand of the Market (bad decision-making) at play. That's Capitalism, isn't it?

But it’s not just demand that is pushing prices so high. Supply is completely off the mark because both mill operators and lumber dealers misread the 2020 market. Since housing starts and remodeling were weaker in 2019, they pulled back on production. The expectation was that 2020 would be much of the same.
True as that may be it has nothing to do with GloBULL warming. You don't have to shoehorn your agenda into every discussion

What the literal fuck
which sucks royally since I am starting a 30x48 building,,,
Hold off till fall?
wish I could but my shop rent went up more than dbl and the higher cost of lumber doesnt match up,,

I had a metal building on order and was supposed to be done by mid april and last friday they told me it wasnt even in production and wouldnt be done until june or july, so I cancelled it and will go with stick frame wood instead,,

time just isnt on my side,,

but since I am moving the shop home my wife gave me permission to buy a bobcat and going this afternoon to see about one,,
He shouldn't be able to get away with that. That kind of increase sounds like he wants you to vacate.
had a new owner take over and shes all about the money,,

I was paying a below market price but not much when you consider the conditions of the space I was renting,,
and I wasnt the only person that she did this too and they all packed up and left, now shes got empty spaces she will never get rented for the price she wants,,

you would think 18 yrs would mean something, but not to her,,

What the literal fuck
Another reminder of the interconnectivity. Many of the low information types here probably thought "fires in California? Bunch'a Liberals - WGAF?". Now they're paying for it. But they still deny climate change because dopes like Hannity tell them to.
WRONG

Ok, so it's higher demand and the Invisible Hand of the Market (bad decision-making) at play. That's Capitalism, isn't it?

But it’s not just demand that is pushing prices so high. Supply is completely off the mark because both mill operators and lumber dealers misread the 2020 market. Since housing starts and remodeling were weaker in 2019, they pulled back on production. The expectation was that 2020 would be much of the same.
True as that may be it has nothing to do with GloBULL warming. You don't have to shoehorn your agenda into every discussion
How else am I going to assimilate you?

What the literal fuck
Hold off till fall?
wish I could but my shop rent went up more than dbl and the higher cost of lumber doesnt match up,,

I had a metal building on order and was supposed to be done by mid april and last friday they told me it wasnt even in production and wouldnt be done until june or july, so I cancelled it and will go with stick frame wood instead,,

but since I am moving the shop home my wife gave me permission to buy a bobcat and going this afternoon to see about one,,
He shouldn't be able to get away with that. That kind of increase sounds like he wants you to vacate.

I was paying a below market price but not much when you consider the conditions of the space I was renting,,
and I wasnt the only person that she did this too and they all packed up and left, now shes got empty spaces she will never get rented for the price she wants,,

Now she gets double the price of $0.

What the literal fuck
Hold off till fall?

and so enters the stupid troll comments,,,

and you wonder why most people here think youre a fucking idiot liar,,

What the literal fuck
I have been trying to figure it out also. I have no explanation. I called a buddy at pagshaw lumber. To ask him about wholesale pricing. He said he was busy but had not raised his prices significantly. I asked why the retailer is is getting away with it he had no explanation. He said if I wanted he would take care of me if I bring a truck down. Almost half tempted to build a couple houses this summer but fuck it I would rather fish. Also trying to figure out the housing thing. Got some answers there sort of. Big time west coast money is buying the shit out of the east coast. Got that info off some wholesale lenders I know. I do not have an answer as to why they are doing it. Stay tuned I am going to try and meet with some of their reps doing the leg work in my area and see if I can coax some info out of them.

What the literal fuck
Hold off till fall?

Huh? I was saying that instead of getting what you were paying last year, she's now going to get $0 when you leave. Chill dude.

What the literal fuck
Hold off till fall?

Huh? I was saying that instead of getting what you were paying last year, she's now going to get $0 when you leave. Chill dude.

sorry but thats what happens when you spend most of your time being full of shit,,,

What the literal fuck
Hold off till fall?

sorry but thats what happens when you spend most of your time being full of shit,,,
Oh, its my fault you misunderstood and assumed the worst. :laugh:

What the literal fuck
Hold off till fall?

in part yes

What the literal fuck
WRONG

Good. Lumber comes from trees and trees help stabilize the ecosystem.

Last edited:

What the literal fuck
I have been trying to figure it out also. I have no explanation. I called a buddy at pagshaw lumber. To ask him about wholesale pricing. He said he was busy but had not raised his prices significantly. I asked why the retailer is is getting away with it he had no explanation. He said if I wanted he would take care of me if I bring a truck down. Almost half tempted to build a couple houses this summer but fuck it I would rather fish. Also trying to figure out the housing thing. Got some answers there sort of. Big time west coast money is buying the shit out of the east coast. Got that info off some wholesale lenders I know. I do not have an answer as to why they are doing it. Stay tuned I am going to try and meet with some of their reps doing the leg work in my area and see if I can coax some info out of them.
The housing market has been depressed on the west coast (as well as the rest of the nation, as I understand it) and Covid didn't help with the supply end, so that has some to do with it. The biggest reason though is that things are opening up, the housing market is exploding and there is no inventory on the west coast. Existing houses are selling in days. A friend in CA just sold her house in 3 days at 40K above asking price.

What the literal fuck
Hold off till fall?

I assume my dog has puked in the corner behind the couch every time I see your name

What the literal fuck
Hold off till fall?

I assume my dog has puked in the corner behind the couch every time I see your name
Trans gave me a thumbs down lol. No need to white knight faggot

Forum List

Back