4 lbs of Ham = 2,000 calories

On the other hand:
40 oz Gravy = 2,000 calories
28 oz Ice Cream = 2,000 calories
4 20 oz Coca-Colas = 1,960 calories
4 king size Milky Ways = 1,840 calories
2 Double Whoppers = 1,800 calories
Large French Fries = 500 calories

Can you eat 10 heads of lettuce, 5 apples and a pound of ham every day?

A Russian General and an American General were bragging to each other about how well they treat their troops.

The Russian General bragged, "We give our soldiers 2,500 calories a day".

The American General, replied, "We give our soldiers 3,500 calories a day".

The Russian General laughed, "That's ridiculous, no one can eat 20Kgs of potatoes every day!"

My point is that you can gorge yourself on the healthy foods and feast all day if you want and find it hard to surpass your calorie limit but you cant do that on Burger King and ice cream.

25 heads of Iceberg Lettuce = 2,000 calories
31 lbs of Celery = 2,000 calories
24 lbs of Tomatos = 2,000 calories
20 lbs of Apples = 2,000 calories
13 lbs of Strawberries = 2,000 calories
10 lbs of Mushrooms = 2,000 calories
7 lbs of Tuna = 2,000 calories
4.5 lbs of Boiled Chicken = 2,000 calories
4 lbs of Ham = 2,000 calories

On the other hand:
40 oz Gravy = 2,000 calories
28 oz Ice Cream = 2,000 caloriesk
4 20 oz Coca-Colas = 1,960 calories
4 king size Milky Ways = 1,840 calories
2 Double Whoppers = 1,800 calories
Large French Fries = 500 calories

Can you eat 10 heads of lettuce, 5 apples and a pound of ham every day?
if i consumed 2k a day I would weigh 400 lbs

My point is that you can gorge yourself on the healthy foods and feast all day if you want and find it hard to surpass your calorie limit but you cant do that on Burger King and ice cream.

The reason we don't eat healthy is because our bodies evolved over millions of years when our next meal wasn't sitting in the pantry.

We (our bodies) love carbs and fats and sugars because those foods are the ones that prevent starvation when we don't know when our next meal will be, which was the case for 99% of human evolution.

Eating out is also way more expensive than its ever been so youll probably get more bang for your buck as well at the grocery store.

Eating out is also way more expensive than its ever been so youll probably get more bang for your buck as well at the grocery store.

Actually, a fast-food meal is cheaper than the grocery store alternative.

Poor people subsist almost entirely on fast food.

Actually, a fast-food meal is cheaper than the grocery store alternative.

Poor people subsist almost entirely on fast food.
One fast food meal is about $10-$15 per person and it goes up from there. If I really wanted to stretch my money to the absolute limit I could survive on $20 a week at grocery store prices, but lets say you bought a LB of hamburger $7, two tomatos 0.75¢, an onion $1, hamburger buns $3, head of lettuce $1.50, ketchup and mustard $4.

Thats $17.25 vs. $12.50, makes at least 3 burgers

One fast food meal is about $10-$15 per person and it goes up from there. If I really wanted to stretch my money to the absolute limit I could survive on $20 a week at grocery store prices, but lets say you bought a LB of hamburger $7, two tomatos 0.75¢, an onion $1, hamburger buns $3, head of lettuce $1.50, ketchup and mustard $4.

Thats $17.25 vs. $12.50, makes at least 3 burgers

That is enough buns for eight HBs, lettuce for probably 15, onion and tomato for eight, ketchup and mustard for a couple dozen. So the incremental cost for more HBs would only be the cost of the meat.

I can make smash burgers on my Blackstone that are better tasting and cheaper than anything I can buy. I also grind my own meat. Sometimes I can get roast on sale to grind that is cheaper per lb than hamburger.

I'm dieting on veggies, crackers, nuts and coffee now. Jerky when I want meat. Yum. I consume 5-10 lbs of sugar free liquid a day and about a pound of low calorie solid food. My metabolism is so low I could probably survive any remote wilderness situation. I would get twice as fat twice as quick with half of what you eat. I can't get used to being hungry though no matter how efficient my body is. Lemon juice helps cure the hunger pains but also can cause pains of its own.

Forum List

Back