Love It!… Sarah Palin Brings Her Own Big Gulp With Her to CPAC Speech (Video)

Ironically....people like Seawytch actually criticized Palin for not offering a solution to obesity.

There IS NO GOVERNMENT solution to obesity.......and Palin knows it.

If you want to lose weight, dont drink lots of soda.

Why should I be forced to drink less? I am 185, 5"10"" and work out everyday. My reward is being able to eat what I want. I dont have government forcing me to cut down on my intake of high colestrerol products....I dont want to die....so I watch those things.

Obesity killed more people than smoking last year. The health of the nation is a "Gubmint issue" and absolutely should be addressed by the leaders of our Nation.

If Palin is any kind of leader wannabe, she should be coming up with answers to the nation's obesity problem instead of blatantly chugging calories on national TV in some kind of inane mockery of those who are at least attempting to do something about the problem.

Soda bans for adults may not be the answer but "Fat, baby, Fat" isn't either.

that's not her or any politicians JOB..or any of your business if people are fat
that's what people have doctors for, not some politician that has no damn medical degree, like MaBell Obama

Last edited:
Conservatives don't tell people what to eat, or how much.

Right. They just tell them who they are allowed to sleep with or marry.

but they don't tell them what kind of arms they can own.

again

hypocrassy

Because being able to legally own an assault rifle with extended mags and armor-piercing bullets is much more important than allowing two people of the same sex to marry.

Ironically....people like Seawytch actually criticized Palin for not offering a solution to obesity.

There IS NO GOVERNMENT solution to obesity.......and Palin knows it.

If you want to lose weight, dont drink lots of soda.

Why should I be forced to drink less? I am 185, 5"10"" and work out everyday. My reward is being able to eat what I want. I dont have government forcing me to cut down on my intake of high colestrerol products....I dont want to die....so I watch those things.

Obesity killed more people than smoking last year. The health of the nation is a "Gubmint issue" and absolutely should be addressed by the leaders of our Nation.

If Palin is any kind of leader wannabe, she should be coming up with answers to the nation's obesity problem instead of blatantly chugging calories on national TV in some kind of inane mockery of those who are at least attempting to do something about the problem.

Soda bans for adults may not be the answer but "Fat, baby, Fat" isn't either.

Really? You're invited to speak at CPAC on the topic of conservative values and what the proper role of government should be, and you are evil because you don't address the nation's obesity problem? I presume you are sending 10 or more percent of your income in donations to institutions who are fighting obesity and spend your every waking moment worrying about whether somebody is eating or drinking the wrong things and are speaking out on it every chance you get regardless of the setting or whatever the topic may be. I presume you are going onto every thread you post on to elevate the issue of obesity to the forefront regardless of the stated topic of the thread.

If not, who are you to judge somebody who chose a different topic as an issue that should be addressed and used an example of overreach by government as a prop to illustrate it?

Sarah Palin at least knows the difference between banning something and not requiring people to pay for somebody else to have something. That the federal government does not buy something for you is very different than telling you that you are not allowed to have something.

I only wish more of our leftist friends were that smart.

Perhaps they're smart enough to know it's a local NYC ordinance and not the Federal Government. :eusa_shhh:

I'm sure she knows that and is still smart enough to see it as a huge overreach of government regulation. Which she chose to use as illustration of what such overreach looks like.
She knew silly displays would work better than reasoned commentary so she did what all clowns do, play to the crowd.
Most of the leftists however are apparently not smart enough to see the prop she used as an overreach by government but chose instead to attack her and the values she spoke to.

I wonder if we will ever get back to a principle of actually discussing the principle of something instead of always turning any discussion about a value or principle to a food fight over whose sin in blackest?

Ahhh...and we are only a few days away from some thread about Michelle Obama's spending habits or an Obama golf thread...Who starts them?

Perhaps they're smart enough to know it's a local NYC ordinance and not the Federal Government. :eusa_shhh:

I'm sure she knows that and is still smart enough to see it as a huge overreach of government regulation. Which she chose to use as illustration of what such overreach looks like.
She knew silly displays would work better than reasoned commentary so she did what all clowns do, play to the crowd.
Most of the leftists however are apparently not smart enough to see the prop she used as an overreach by government but chose instead to attack her and the values she spoke to.

I wonder if we will ever get back to a principle of actually discussing the principle of something instead of always turning any discussion about a value or principle to a food fight over whose sin in blackest?

Ahhh...and we are only a few days away from some thread about Michelle Obama's spending habits or an Obama golf thread...Who starts them?

Silly display only to the haters. Clever to those who actually have a clue.

And what does Michelle Obama's spending habits or Obama's golf have to do with a thread about Sarah Palin's speech at CPAC? You see, most of the folks on the right know the difference between those things too.

I also loved what she said about background checks, and that maybe the liberal media should have done a "background check" on Obama's inept ass, long before he made it into the primaries.

That was the stupidest things she said. How appropriate that you, "loved it".

The right wing bat crap crazies have tried so hard to find a scandal in President Obama's past and have been unable to do it. There is nothing in his background to "find out". Idiots.

Wrong.

Americans who were trying to vett a candidate hoped the media would do thier job.

You see, when a candidate has little experience to read up on, we are forced to determine the character of an individual by looking into his/her past...you know....who did they relate to; who did they associate with...etc.

Sadly, those that blindly supported this candidate.,...and yes...I say blindly becuase many supported him strictly based on the fact that he was Black, charismatic and potential "history making".....but I digress......anyway...those that blindly supported the man did not seem to care about hisd past associations....his past relations.....and instead of repscting OTHERS that DID want to know of those things, they decided to brand them as racists for wanting to know those things.

So you can say all you want about how "little" was found out about the man. The truth is, plenty was....but people like you didnt give a rats ass becuase you are "bold and able to vote for a black man"

ANd look where we are as a result.

1) We sold arms to the enemy of an ally and no one is responsible
2) we have a dead ambassador and no one was responsible
3) we are supposed to cheer at a 1% increase in economic growth after 4 years of a shattered economy
4) we have 6 trillion more in debt over 4 years

I can go on.....but why? So you can call me a racist?

You will anyway.

No. A guilty conscience needs no accuser.

That's it Sarah! Way to lead...

Yes, a better woman to promote healthy weight than Michelle Oblimpa-Butt

But I digress, the point is liberty- a point always missed by liberals unless it's killing the unborn or the marrying of the unnatural.

She was blazing in that speech. No wonder she's so popular.

So popular???

She currently has a 34% favorability rating.

By comparison ...

Same-sex marriage: 53% -- more popular than Sarah Palin

Keeping abortion legal in most cases: 56% -- more popular than Sarah Palin

Democratic party: 46% -- more popular than Sarah Palin

Obama favorability: 51% -- more popular than Sarah Palin

Obama's handling the economy: 44% -- more popular than Sarah Palin

Michelle Obama favorability: 68% -- more popular than Sarah Palin

Hillary Clinton: 61% -- more popular than Sarah Palin

Obamacare paying for birth control: 51% -- more popular than Sarah Palin

PollingReport.com

Silly display only to the haters. Clever to those who actually have a clue.
Yeah...you know why nobody is talking about her substance and only talking about her stunt--hence the title of the thread? Its because only fools like you take this moron seriously.

And what does Michelle Obama's spending habits or Obama's golf have to do with a thread about Sarah Palin's speech at CPAC? You see, most of the folks on the right know the difference between those things too.

Yeah and there is a thread made by "people on the right" about both every single week. If you're decrying the level of debate in this country...look in the mirror. Or suggest secession like you have so many times in the past.

Hey Candycorn....

You referred to Palin as a moron.

Other than the fact that your ideology does not agree with hers...exactly what makes her a moron in your eyes?

She was blazing in that speech. No wonder she's so popular.

So popular???

She currently has a 34% favorability rating.

By comparison ...

Same-sex marriage: 53% -- more popular than Sarah Palin

Keeping abortion legal in most cases: 56% -- more popular than Sarah Palin

Democratic party: 46% -- more popular than Sarah Palin

Obama favorability: 51% -- more popular than Sarah Palin

Obama's handling the economy: 44% -- more popular than Sarah Palin

Michelle Obama favorability: 68% -- more popular than Sarah Palin

Hillary Clinton: 61% -- more popular than Sarah Palin

Obamacare paying for birth control: 51% -- more popular than Sarah Palin

PollingReport.com

Hey Candycorn....

Other than the fact that your ideology does not agree with hers...exactly what makes her a moron in your eyes?

She is the queen of platitudes, nothing original. I love freedom is not a policy statement.

plat·i·tude (plt-td, -tyd)
n.
1. A trite or banal remark or statement, especially one expressed as if it were original or significant. See Synonyms at cliché.
2. Lack of originality; triteness.

Hey Candycorn....

The word salad that comes out when she opens her mouth? Here's just a top 10...

Top 10 Dumbest Sarah Palin Quotes

I can also find a site with the 10 dumbest Joe Biden lines......"shoot off the balcony" for example.

And the 10 dumbest Obama lines...."corpse Men" for example

And the 10 dumbest Pelosi lines....."Obama has never done anything for politics" for example.

But I am smart enough to know that such is political fun and humor...and not worthy of being inserted into a debate.

Hey Candycorn....

The word salad that comes out when she opens her mouth? Here's just a top 10...

Top 10 Dumbest Sarah Palin Quotes

I'd bet she could pronounce corpsmen right..
good friggen grief, you liberal women are catty..

MEOW

If she could remember to spell it right on her hand.

you left out this part:

The state has argued the law, HEA 1210, simply intended to block Medicaid money from going toward abortions, and filed an administrative appeal to CMS to reassess the ruling

You may want to say it is evidence of a war on women....but in reality, the motive of the legislators was to ensure that tax payer money was not paying for abortions. Now, sure, you may want to argue that motive...debate it if you will....and that is a good debate....

But instead, the debate is about the GOP waging war on women.

You see...when you spin the motives of a legislator, it compromises the integrity of our legislative process.

It is sad that our elected leaders feel they can spin the motive of the other side in an effort to "win".....

But now, we the people are doing it?

Why?

Wouldnt you prefer an honest debate so we can come to terms for what is best for Americans?

Not sure if you're asking rhetorical questions or not. What I illustrated needs no spin.

The law in Indiana required two (not one but two) invasive (not the nearly as effective "over the belly) sonograms if you took a prescribed drug, RU486. There is no spin to that. It's simply spiteful abuses of power.

From the political viewpoint, the "war on women" is seen as being waged by conservatives. This is why. It requires no spin on my part whatsoever.

I left out about 10 examples I can come up with off the top of my head such as the liability insurance that must be carried by these facilities, the requirement that there be constant staffing by a physician, etc...

you are an ideologue who reads and interprets what you want and refuse to put any credence to the motives of the legislator.

It is who you are. You are not worthy of my time to debate.

Hahahahahahahaha

Jarhead gets spanked again, projectulates all over himself, and then takes his ball and goes home.

So fuggin' typical.

Seriously, the guy is one of the biggest hacks on this entire board. He's all about politely spinning things like a top until someone shreds his bullshit and then it's wah wah wah.

but I digress....

To the OP:

Palin is a cartoon but the ban is dumb.

That said those who are trying to argue there is "no gov't solution to obesity" ... there is no magic gov't pill to end obesity of course but the gov't can do things to combat obesity, particularly child obesity, and it should. Your silly "there is no gov't solution" world is silly.

Forum List

Back