Lost my wife of 47 years to cancer tonight.

We’re like a big dysfunctional family on USMB, and I wanted everyone here to know.

So sorry for your loss Cellblock.
I know what you are going through.
I lost Mr. P from heart disease in June of last year. We were married for 37 yrs.

You will go through many emotions all at once
and it can become overwhelming.
We all are here for you if you need help working through them.
But good friend's and family will help get you through it.
My best advise is to keep yourself busy.

Dear Ms, Peach. Hope you're doing okay. :huddle:

Thank you beautress for asking about me.
I'm doing OK now, but the first 2 weeks after his death,I was a blithering mess.

Last edited:
I am so sorry for your loss. May God comfort you and you family at this time and in the days to come. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and eventually the steps will come a little easier.

sympathy.png

I have never really believed in cancer.

I was born with certain patches of eczema on my skin that are prone to flare up as malignant melanoma from time to time.
Mixed in with an ovarian type of tumor with a definite period that pops up in different areas of my body from time to time.
Gets in my bloodstream as leukemia. And yet, life goes on. My immune system fights off the strange tumors.

Most but not all parts of my body are almost completely normal but some developed out of the tumor cell lineages when I was an embryo.

I'm over 40 and I have had these conditions since I was born.

Therefore it is no emergency, and I don't think the doctors have any "plans" for diagnosis or treatment in particular that would help me either. They are too concerned with billing insurance, promoting and compelling public health issues such as COVID, and serving civil commitment papers on personæ non gratæ for involuntary mental health treatment.

Sorry for your loss, cancer is a plague we need to figure out how to end. 47 years is a long time, you were lucky for such a long relationship. Sending you warm wishes for strength and recovery.

We’re like a big dysfunctional family on USMB, and I wanted everyone here to know.
Condolences , lost a lot of family to the big C & was witness to many frequent flyers demise on a small town's ems squad........ I can recall begging and cursing God in the same breath for some.....it can really 'eff your head up, hope you can heal .......if you ever can.......~S~

New Topics

Forum List

Back