Lost my wife of 47 years to cancer tonight.

We’re like a big dysfunctional family on USMB, and I wanted everyone here to know.
Sorry to hear.
I haven't really gone public yet, but now I will. Wife just had double mastectomy and prognosis is good. She will avoid chemotherapy and radiation and just do hormone therapy. Still has more reconstructive surgery in the next few months. She is 44.
Bern a bummer of a holiday season.

That's gotta suck. My mother went through that several years back, and after a while she seemed to get past the trauma. . Like my mother, your wife is gonna need lots of support and understanding. From my understanding, it's more than just surgery she will have to recover from.

We’re like a big dysfunctional family on USMB, and I wanted everyone here to know.
Sorry to hear.
I haven't really gone public yet, but now I will. Wife just had double mastectomy and prognosis is good. She will avoid chemotherapy and radiation and just do hormone therapy. Still has more reconstructive surgery in the next few months. She is 44.
Been a bummer of a holiday season.
Prayers up for Mrs. Petro's complete healing. :huddle:

Lost my mom a week ago, not the same as losing your wife, but I still know how your feel buddy.
Sorry to hear of your losing your dear mom, Uncensored2008. My mom passed when she was 47, in 1973. I still miss her. You are also on my prayer list, along with Petro's recuperating wife, and Cellblock. When you lose a spouse of over 40 years, well, I was numb for well over a year, but came back here after mourning a couple of years. My prayers are so up for those who lose their best pals, and for those here who are so numb they cannot even talk about it.
♡♡♡♡♡​

It will hurt for a while, there will be times you forget she isn't there in the kitchen anymore, but you can celebrate her life by being friends with others, the life of love still endures all the while as if she never left YOU.......

Sorry to hear.
Been a bummer of a holiday season.
Sorry to hear, but she did the right thing with the mastectomy. It's running on the female side of my family, but none have died from it yet (sister is in her second battle with it). Thank God medical understanding and technology has gotten better and better over the years, but it appears that we've still got alot more work to do in the battling it dept.. God bless your family during these trying times, and keep looking up (more so than ever in each days passing), no matter what life brings, because in the end we win.

I'm so sorry for your loss. There really are no words that can soothe the pain of your loss, but the pain lessens over time. I wish and hope that you find peace. RIP, Mrs. Cellblock.

New Topics

Forum List

Back