Losing the popular vote really brings down Trump's victory

Yep, the votes should've been there for hillary to win easily.

after months, if not years, of hearing how the demographic shifts in this country would prevent another Republican president maybe ever the dems were already in a perpetual victory lap.

They were so busy counting their chickens and taunting republicans with their visions of a monopolistic government that they were going to ram down the throats of republicans that they forgot to take a pause in their incessant game of na-na-na-na-boo-boo to actually vote.

The biggest collective derpity-derp-derp in the history of the country and now the whining, protesting and demeaning of others because they fucked up and didn't bother to vote.

Priceless.
The demographics are changing however whites are still the majority. 50% of all toddlers today are non-white or Hispanic. Since 1960, that number has doubled. By 2043 minorities will be the majority. The hope of many republicans is that this will be just in blue states not red states. However, the fact is 7 out of 10 of the fastest growing states are red states and the migration rate of minorities to these states is essential the same as blue states. In the 21st century, the GOP will have to change are die. Many people thought it would start in 2016, but along came Trump.

I didn't/don't dispute the demographics.

saying, "well next time, or the time after that we'll win because of the factors we said we'd win because of this time" isn't the greatest strategy, IMO.

Trump was a lousy candidate, utterly awful, so this should've been a cake walk.

They had the numbers this time around had just their '08 and '12 voters turned out. On top of that most people thought they'd be seeing more hispanics and women as well- and they ended up getting scorched, so it would seem that the issue is more complex than people may have thought.

The Dems need to do a bit of thinking themselves going forward as to how to properly secure those groups and, more importantly, how to get them to the polls, IMO. The pubs will need to shift also, I think, and likely they will. If not, they're screwed, I'll agree there.

I don't want a president who stands for "this group" or "that group." I want a president who is concerned about America as a WHOLE.

after months, if not years, of hearing how the demographic shifts in this country would prevent another Republican president maybe ever the dems were already in a perpetual victory lap.

They were so busy counting their chickens and taunting republicans with their visions of a monopolistic government that they were going to ram down the throats of republicans that they forgot to take a pause in their incessant game of na-na-na-na-boo-boo to actually vote.

The biggest collective derpity-derp-derp in the history of the country and now the whining, protesting and demeaning of others because they fucked up and didn't bother to vote.

Priceless.
The demographics are changing however whites are still the majority. 50% of all toddlers today are non-white or Hispanic. Since 1960, that number has doubled. By 2043 minorities will be the majority. The hope of many republicans is that this will be just in blue states not red states. However, the fact is 7 out of 10 of the fastest growing states are red states and the migration rate of minorities to these states is essential the same as blue states. In the 21st century, the GOP will have to change are die. Many people thought it would start in 2016, but along came Trump.

saying, "well next time, or the time after that we'll win because of the factors we said we'd win because of this time" isn't the greatest strategy, IMO.

They had the numbers this time around had just their '08 and '12 voters turned out. On top of that most people thought they'd be seeing more hispanics and women as well- and they ended up getting scorched, so it would seem that the issue is more complex than people may have thought.

The Dems need to do a bit of thinking themselves going forward as to how to properly secure those groups and, more importantly, how to get them to the polls, IMO. The pubs will need to shift also, I think, and likely they will. If not, they're screwed, I'll agree there.
Clinton had the numbers they just weren't in the right states. I think the Clinton campaign became overconfident. The news media had all but announced a Clinton victory before the polls opened. They believed that America would simply not elect a racist, sexist, bully to the presidency under any condition. What they failed to understand is a large percent of the voters were willing to overlook his character flaws in order to get someone in the White House that would make real changes. What's really strange is that so many Trump voters didn't agree with a lot his ideas. It's like they just wanted someone in Washington that would do some ass kicking. The next year should be interesting to watch, particularly Trump's foreign policy.

Last edited:
To abolish the electoral college no one might as well bother voting again ever. Only D Presidents from the most populated urban centers. NYC, LA, SF, Atlanta, Chicago etc. No one else in the country would count.

Mob rule by liberal cities. This is what the Founding Fathers were determined to prevent. Of course Democrats want the Electoral College abolished. They could rule forever.
With a popular vote to elect the president, every person's vote carries exactly the same weight. The red/blue state division which more and more is threatening to tear the country apart disappears. The Republican party would no longer be able ignore the west coast and the upper east coast and the Democratic party would not be able ignore the center and deep south of the nation.

The idea that if we had the popular vote one party would control the white house is just not true. We have had only 5 out 45 presidential elections in which the popular vote differed from the electoral college vote, only 2 in the last 128 years. In those 2 elections the popular vote difference between the two canidates was less than .5%

There is probably nothing that would unite and make this country stronger than dumping the electoral college. It promotes distension and regionalism which may well destroy the destroy the nation.
:haha:

New Yawk, Kalifornication and Illinoise are all well-known for stuffing ballot boxes and allowing illegals to vote..... Often

The Founding Fathers were aware that voter fraud often took place and while they knew they couldn't stop it in EVERY State, they could help prevent dishonest States from swinging National Elections.

That's why it doesn't matter how many dishonest votes are cast in swamps like the aforementioned. They still only get their Electoral votes.

51%, 99%....... Don't matter. Those scumbag dimocrap FILTH States still only get their Electoral College votes.

See, dimocrap scum....... We knew people like you existed even 225 years ago.

You're not new. You've always been around in one form or another........ Nazis, Fascists, communists -- dimocraps

No difference
Actually they were afraid of the British coming from Canada. Now we're afraid of the Hispanics coming from Mexico.

I'm not "afraid." I just want it to stop. OUR resources are limited. They are not endless. There is no reason for people to come here into this country illegally. NONE.
Don't you mean, there is no reason why we should let them in. From their point of view, there are certainly reasons for them to come, jobs, family, and a better life.

New Yawk, Kalifornication and Illinoise are all well-known for stuffing ballot boxes and allowing illegals to vote..... Often

The Founding Fathers were aware that voter fraud often took place and while they knew they couldn't stop it in EVERY State, they could help prevent dishonest States from swinging National Elections.

That's why it doesn't matter how many dishonest votes are cast in swamps like the aforementioned. They still only get their Electoral votes.

51%, 99%....... Don't matter. Those scumbag dimocrap FILTH States still only get their Electoral College votes.

You're not new. You've always been around in one form or another........ Nazis, Fascists, communists -- dimocraps

No difference
Actually they were afraid of the British coming from Canada. Now we're afraid of the Hispanics coming from Mexico.

I'm not "afraid." I just want it to stop. OUR resources are limited. They are not endless. There is no reason for people to come here into this country illegally. NONE.
Don't you mean, there is no reason why we should let them in. From their point of view, there are certainly reasons for them to come, jobs, family, and a better life.

That is between them and their own government.

Clinton had the numbers they just weren't in the right states.
That is like a football game where the losing team has a whole lot more yardage gained, but fewer points on the board. The loser is the team with fewer points on the board, not less yardage. You gotta turn that yardage into points on the board to win.

Just like the rules state the team with the most points win, for very good reasons the Constitution states the candidate with more electoral votes wins, and their count of delegates based on total Congressional representation (House and Senate) is already sure enough proof that the Founding Fathers did not write a Constitution with a slavish devotion to "one man one vote" horse shit.

Yeah every criminal thinks that they have more rights to what they have no right to, hence the illegality involved.

Priceless.

Clinton had the numbers they just weren't in the right states. I think the Clinton campaign became overconfident. The news media had all but announced a Clinton victory before the polls opened. They believe that America would simply not elect a racist, sexist, bully to the presidency. What they failed to understand is a large percent of the voters were willing to overlook his character flaws in order to get someone in the White House that would make real changes. What's really strange is that so many Trump voters didn't agree with a lot his ideas. It's like they just wanted someone in Washington that would do some ass kicking. The next year should be interesting to watch, particularly Trump's foreign policy.

yeah I'll agree that the Clinton campaign and the left in general got way overconfident. They thought this was in the bag. I can't blame them, as I think most people, including me, would've agreed right up until the results started coming in that this was going to be an easy win for her based on the polling data, which obviously turned out to be wrong, wrong, wrong.

The polls all had her comfortably ahead and I think that misled both her campaign and the voters who just figured it was a done deal. That factor may have been enough in itself to turn it, given the slim margins in the swing states she unexpectedly lost.

I love all these racist, Caucasian hating libs bitching about a white guy. Fucking racist assholes.

No difference

It truly appears that the left just doesn't get that when we have homeless people on the streets of America, impoverished but hard working Americans, single mothers who could benefit from child care while getting an education so she can enter the work force or elderly Americans who need more assistance to be able to stay in their homes, that AMERICAN tax payer dollars should be going to Americans first.

Trump had fewer votes than Romney (how does that happen?). Trump lost the popular vote. It's impressive he won and all, but honestly it feels more like Hillary lost rather than Trump won.

LOL, no...it doesn't.
.......the only folks upset about it are the butt hurt Lefty's who can't believe that we repudiated everything they stand for.

NKrakGhl.jpg

Trump really got the voters out.

Clinton had the numbers they just weren't in the right states.
That is like a football game where the losing team has a whole lot more yardage gained, but fewer points on the board. The loser is the team with fewer points on the board, not less yardage. You gotta turn that yardage into points on the board to win.

Just like the rules state the team with the most points win, for very good reasons the Constitution states the candidate with more electoral votes wins, and their count of delegates based on total Congressional representation (House and Senate) is already sure enough proof that the Founding Fathers did not write a Constitution with a slavish devotion to "one man one vote" horse shit.
The founders abhorred the idea of giving the people any real say in government. The voice of the people was heard only thru the House of Representatives. The states narrowed representation even more by restricted voting to white male property owners often requiring church membership in the predominate church in the community so in a number of places Jews and Catholics were denied the right to vote along with blacks, women, and most poor people. To the founders a government of the people by the people and for the people meant a government of wealthy white men, by wealthy white men, and for wealthy white men. I suppose they added the Bill of Rights as an after thought so at lease the majority of people who were deemed unworthy of selecting their leaders would at least have some protection from those who did.

If we restricted voting as was done in early America, our turnout in the Tue. election would be 7 to 9 million people, not 130 million, less than the population of North Carolina. So if someone says the nation was formed as a democratic republic, scratch democratic.

Last edited:
The founders abhorred the idea of giving the people any real say in government. The voice of the people was heard only thru the House of Representatives. The states narrowed representation even more by restricted voting to white male property owners often requiring church membership in the predominate church in the community so in a number of places Jews and Catholics were denied the right to vote along with blacks, women, and most poor people. To the founders a government of the people by the people and for the people meant a government of wealthy white men, by wealthy white men, and for wealthy white men. I suppose they added the Bill of Rights as an after thought so at lease the majority of people who were deemed unworthy of selecting their leaders would at least have some protection from those who did.

The People are fickle and often unwise in what they want, so the Founders limited the input of the masses to the House and the Presidency, the two top offices of the federal government. They used an indirect method of choosing Senators by having the state governments choose them and limited that to every 6 years unlike the two increment for the House, and I think it would be wise to go back to that method.

A pure Democracy is a form of government that is like a spinning top; might look steady at the moment, but eventually goes into an unstable downward spiral and then crashes.

If we restricted voting as was done in early America, our turnout in the Tue. election would be 7 to 9 million people, not 130 million, less than the population of North Carolina. So if someone says the nation was formed as a democratic republic, scratch democratic.

But they also realized the the voting franchise would expand as new categories of citizenry attained the wealth and education to be able to participate in a rational way. And as we saw eventually even women and nonWhites got the vote as well, something that I think would have shocked most of them.

Trump had fewer votes than Romney (how does that happen?). Trump lost the popular vote. It's impressive he won and all, but honestly it feels more like Hillary lost rather than Trump won.

Yes, Trump had less than Romney, as of today, that might change, doubtful. But Hillary had almost 10 percent less than did Obama.

It doesn't bring anything down. California which is a blue of blue states was won by Hillary by 5 million votes. That is 5 million votes that Trump had to get all over the country. Not easy. But he pretty much did. The D of C went all for Hillary by about 250,000 or about the difference in popular vote between the two. So, whether Republican or Democrat do you really want two states deciding the election?

Forum List

Back