Losing the popular vote really brings down Trump's victory

Trump didn't need to win the 'popular' vote its not a popularity contest. Here's reality, Trump won and has full control of congress. First he's going to utterly destroy Obama's legacy then he's going to sign an avalanche of GOP bills into law. You leftwits your pain has only just begun.

Trump had fewer votes than Romney (how does that happen?). Trump lost the popular vote. It's impressive he won and all, but honestly it feels more like Hillary lost rather than Trump won.
I don't care. She lost and that's all that matters to me. I think we are finally done with the Clinton crime syndicate

The founders abhorred the idea of giving the people any real say in government. The voice of the people was heard only thru the House of Representatives. The states narrowed representation even more by restricted voting to white male property owners often requiring church membership in the predominate church in the community so in a number of places Jews and Catholics were denied the right to vote along with blacks, women, and most poor people. To the founders a government of the people by the people and for the people meant a government of wealthy white men, by wealthy white men, and for wealthy white men. I suppose they added the Bill of Rights as an after thought so at lease the majority of people who were deemed unworthy of selecting their leaders would at least have some protection from those who did.

The People are fickle and often unwise in what they want, so the Founders limited the input of the masses to the House and the Presidency, the two top offices of the federal government. They used an indirect method of choosing Senators by having the state governments choose them and limited that to every 6 years unlike the two increment for the House, and I think it would be wise to go back to that method.

A pure Democracy is a form of government that is like a spinning top; might look steady at the moment, but eventually goes into an unstable downward spiral and then crashes.

If we restricted voting as was done in early America, our turnout in the Tue. election would be 7 to 9 million people, not 130 million, less than the population of North Carolina. So if someone says the nation was formed as a democratic republic, scratch democratic.

But they also realized the the voting franchise would expand as new categories of citizenry attained the wealth and education to be able to participate in a rational way. And as we saw eventually even women and nonWhites got the vote as well, something that I think would have shocked most of them.
I doubt that. I don't think the founders gave much thought about future voters. They were far more concerned with survival. Voting was a state issue and states decided who voted. If the states decide ordained protestant ministers were to be the voters, so be it.

Trump had fewer votes than Romney (how does that happen?). Trump lost the popular vote. It's impressive he won and all, but honestly it feels more like Hillary lost rather than Trump won.

Trump won by turning out the vote where it counted, like in Floriduh and Pennsylvania.

The Math: Trump 2016 Would've Beaten Obama 2012

What good was it for Romney to win Texas by over a million votes and a 16% advantage, but narrowly lose the big swing states?

Also Trump would have had a much bigger vote total had he not been stabbed in the back by the Neocons and NeverTrumpers who can go rot in hell.

Nobody gives a fuck but you, faggot, and you only care because you lost.

Just go down to skid row and trade needles for the fag sex you crave

Trump didn't need to win the 'popular' vote its not a popularity contest. Here's reality, Trump won and has full control of congress. First he's going to utterly destroy Obama's legacy then he's going to sign an avalanche of GOP bills into law. You leftwits your pain has only just begun.
Yep, and what happens next. There is backlash as there always is. Democrats get control and proceed to destroy all that Trump has done and pass an avalanche of Democratic legislation. And the war continues, and nobody really wins.

Forum List

Back