Long Lost Relative

Blues Man

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2016
I just heard from a person who says he is my cousin on from my father's side who is doing a genealogy study for a family tree.

For a little background I was orphaned at 14 when my mother died of a drug overdose. My parents weren't married. My father who I really had no relationship with died when I was 8 he was an alcoholic and addict and died of liver failure. He was your run of the mill deadbeat dad and I actually didn't even find out he was dead until a year after he died.

I never met any of his family.

So this guy says he's my long lost cousin and wants to meet me and introduce me to his side of the family.

I still haven't decided what I'm going to do. These people are all just strangers to me and I really don't know if i want to know them.

To me, you should consider it a blessing that you are thought of and not left out completely. Hooking up with those that you may share a DNA with is a good thing too because sadly there is always the chance that you may need one another medically down the road. I pray that it all works out well for you. :) :) :)

God bless you and your family always!!!

Holly

Be careful with it. I took one of those DNA test and there saying people are related to me but are not. I know that or sure. Make sure your not being scammed.
Yeah I don't know this guy from Adam. I'm not too worried about being scammed I'm not gullible at all and I don't give out any information to anyone. He could have found me from public records alone as I had several LLCs and still have one open and a few people from my old neighborhood still keep in touch

I just heard from a person who says he is my cousin on from my father's side who is doing a genealogy study for a family tree.

For a little background I was orphaned at 14 when my mother died of a drug overdose. My parents weren't married. My father who I really had no relationship with died when I was 8 he was an alcoholic and addict and died of liver failure. He was your run of the mill deadbeat dad and I actually didn't even find out he was dead until a year after he died.

So this guy says he's my long lost cousin and wants to meet me and introduce me to his side of the family.

I still haven't decided what I'm going to do. These people are all just strangers to me and I really don't know if i want to know them.
The first thing you should do is wire $1000 to his bank account, as a gesture of goodwill.

To me, you should consider it a blessing that you are thought of and not left out completely. Hooking up with those that you may share a DNA with is a good thing too because sadly there is always the chance that you may need one another medically down the road. I pray that it all works out well for you. :) :) :)

God bless you and your family always!!!

Holly
Thanks for the kind words.

I'm still undecided.

I had a lot of anger as a teen and young man about my parents. I worked really hard to let that go and I don't know if I want to meet any of my father's family.

The first thing you should do is wire $1000 to his bank account, as a gesture of goodwill.
I was born at night but not last night

About ten years ago my wife discovered that she had a half brother she never knew about. He turned out to be a really good guy. We just sent him some Red Sox gear.

He researched you and discovered that you have more money than him

About ten years ago my wife discovered that she had a half brother she never knew about. He turned out to be a really good guy. We just sent him some Red Sox gear.
There's always that possibility.

As far as I know my father's relatives knew my mother and knew he had a kid with her.

I nerve heard from them when I was a kid and could have really used a little support. I have to wonder if they had a problem with my mother being half Black.

I don't think he can know anything about that I sold all my rental properties in the last few years and retired last year but that actually was the first thought that crossed my mind.

As far as I know my father's relatives knew my mother and knew he had a kid with her.

I nerve heard from them when I was a kid and could have really used a little support. I have to wonder if they had a problem with my mother being half Black.
What do you do on Thanksgiving?

LOL I knew that you were a retard, but a sux fan on top of that is creepy, but it fits

What do you do on Thanksgiving?
It's just me and my wife. Sometimes her sister will come down and stay with us for the holidays.

LOL I knew that you were a retard, but a sox fan on top of that is creepy
What's that? You want to know who's in first place in the AL East? Are you some bitter, unwashed Yankees fan?

I don't think he can know anything about that I sold all my rental properties in the last few years and retired last year but that actually was the first thought that crossed my mind.
Well if you sold the rentals you pocketed the cash. He knows

Well if you sold the rentals you pocketed the cash. He knows
Maybe.

But I don't lend or give money to anyone so if that's the plan he's shit out of luck

Forum List

Back