LONG DAY because im a tightass

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Had my truck in the shop for two weeks because of electrical issues. They 'squeezed me in.....right!
Long story short I got it back a couple days ago about a grand shorter thanks to needing a new computer and a couple other components.

Drove it off the lot with hot air from the air conditioner. A couple hours later it just quit altogether. Been too busy at work to mess with it and was not interested in another 300 bucks on a week rental so I suffered through the heat.
Yesterday we had BAD storms and the windows fogged up but with no blower I was screwed.

Got off today and though "I got this".... famous last words.

Bought a new blower resistor..... nothing.
Bought a new blower motor.....nothing.
Turned the harness where I could see it and fuck me it had two prongs basically melted.

Needless to say you all know how I drink right?...

Three hours later I have a new harness and my air conditioning works lol.

All the parts I bought that I clearly didn't need are non refundable because they are electric..... and why do new wires only come in two colors when I have to align 7???
20210901_162639.jpg
20210901_170945.jpg
20210901_170951.jpg
20210901_182028.jpg
20210901_194156.jpg

300 bucks later I won't be sweating... on the bright side had I taken it back to the shop I would have spent as much and only got one part replaced. At the rate I'm going ill have a new truck in no time!

/blog

20210901_230308.jpg
20210901_225955.jpg

I ran out of Jack so I was faced with this. My daughters really sweet wine or shooting her with my grandsons bow.... it was an easy call

Had my truck in the shop for two weeks because of electrical issues. They 'squeezed me in.....right!
Long story short I got it back a couple days ago about a grand shorter thanks to needing a new computer and a couple other components.

Drove it off the lot with hot air from the air conditioner. A couple hours later it just quit altogether. Been too busy at work to mess with it and was not interested in another 300 bucks on a week rental so I suffered through the heat.
Yesterday we had BAD storms and the windows fogged up but with no blower I was screwed.

Got off today and though "I got this".... famous last words.

Bought a new blower resistor..... nothing.
Bought a new blower motor.....nothing.
Turned the harness where I could see it and fuck me it had two prongs basically melted.

Needless to say you all know how I drink right?...

Three hours later I have a new harness and my air conditioning works lol.

All the parts I bought that I clearly didn't need are non refundable because they are electric..... and why do new wires only come in two colors when I have to align 7???View attachment 533910View attachment 533911View attachment 533912View attachment 533913View attachment 533914

300 bucks later I won't be sweating... on the bright side had I taken it back to the shop I would have spent as much and only got one part replaced. At the rate I'm going ill have a new truck in no time!

/blog
Nothing at a shop costs less than $1000 these days. We have this place called Fred’s and his nickname is thousand dollar Fred. Doesn’t matter what you have wrong, it’s at least $1000 worth of work. Many other places are kind of the same but he’s most famous for it. I took my work truck to a diffefent shop a couple weeks ago ( same thing for me, it took them 2 weeks to get to it). Broken strut. Already knew that, just wanted a price. Comes back with a list of things they have to repair along with it and low and behold, it’s right above $1000. Tells me I have to replace the other side strut too, along with the axle, because his boss won’t let them only repair one side for safety reasons. I say it’s got over 200k miles on it I’m not keeping it much longer I just need it driveable again, I’ll sign a friggin waiver of liability or whatever, still no. I think these shops know that the only way to make money these days with how much overhead they have, is to do repairs for a certain amount or higher

Forum List

Back