LOL! So what are you about to eat right now? No judgements, all posts welcome!

The Duke

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2022
A very simple thread just to see what people eat n stuff. It's certain to be wide and varied, and that's cool by me! :thup:

1668715021687.png

Making home made crab cakes, baked squash, salad, and wine, for tonight.

*****SMILE*****

:)

What am I having for lunch right now? A sandwich. Rye bread with mayo, Black Forest ham, hard salami, and mozzarella cheese. The hard salami (thinly sliced), gives it a bit of an Italian taste.

For supper last night, it was Hawaiian pizza with extra cheese from Irene's of Newberry (best pizza in the town IMHO). Yeah, I know, there are some of you who think pineapple on pizza is sacrilege, but hey, ham and pineapple belong on a good pizza!

What am I having for lunch right now? A sandwich. Rye bread with mayo, Black Forest ham, hard salami, and mozzarella cheese. The hard salami (thinly sliced), gives it a bit of an Italian taste.
No veggies? How is it we do?

Serrano ham with the hard salami, pepper jack and romaine hearts with mayo on whatever bread.

Just finished a delicious sammich. Scrambled egg and bacon on toast, with mayo. Iced tea with lemon. Cookie for "dessert."

Typical dinner is a concoction of frozen corn, cut-up meat (chicken or beef), and potatoes, seasoned with S&P. Cooked in a cast-iron skillet.

Just finished a delicious sammich. Scrambled egg and bacon on toast, with mayo. Iced tea with lemon. Cookie for "dessert."

Typical dinner is a concoction of frozen corn, cut-up meat (chicken or beef), and potatoes, seasoned with S&P. Cooked in a cast-iron skillet.

For a while, my "go to" breakfast was 2 scrambled eggs cooked into a patty, with 3 link sausages cooked then cut in half lengthwise, and put together with either wheat or rye toast and mayo in a sandwich. That, with a couple of cups of coffee is a great way to start the day.

I just finished a Twix candy bar. I'm off to play racquetball and needed some energy. After RB I'll have dinner at our local dive bar. $3 tacos and they are good, if not good for me.

If you are ever near Newberry SC, on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, stop in the Tractor Supply Warehouse parking lot and check out the taco truck that's there every weekend. Seriously good street tacos from that place for only 2.50 ea.

When I lived in Amarillo, there was a place called "El Giro" that I checked out because it was rated in Texas Monthly magazine as having one of the top 100 taco places in the ENTIRE state of Texas. Ended up going there at least 2 or 3 times a month just because of their tacos (they also had great homemade flan).

Well, when I moved to SC, I was thinking I would never get good tacos again because of the area. Happy to say, I was wrong, because the tacos that come out of the truck in the TSC parking lot are almost exactly what I was getting in Amarillo from the place that was rated to have one of the top 100 taco places in Texas. Happy find! And now, my fiancee and her family know that if it's Friday (and sometimes Sat. and Sun.), I'm gonna be getting tacos from that truck. They also have excellent mulitas, and I'm gonna try their burritos sometime soon.

Forum List

Back