LOL, lets look at these botched forecasts.

Again, since you and so many Republicans like to point out (apparently proudly) that a Republican president created the EPA, why are you Republicans so desperate to destroy it?

Cause it has become a big government bureaucratic disaster.

Really? It has saved thousands of lives and made tremendous headway in cleaning up our environment, so, other than making the polluters clean up their acts, how is it a disaster?

thewhinyowl32 said:
The US government is broke.

Yeah? So what? Are you also prepared to axe the military because the government is broke?

thewhinyowl32 said:
Even if we did like what the EPA stood for, and even if we believed that what they were doing actually benefited us in someway, we still can't afford to pay for them. It's too costly. Right now, we can't even pay for the entitlement programs that do function in a way that provides some modicum of benefit to US citizens (SS). So the EPA is, at the end of the day, an expendable government body because we can't afford it.

The EPA budget:

EPA's Budget and Spending | Planning Budget Results | US EPA

FY 2013
budget
$7,901,104,000

workforce

FY 2012

budget
$8,449,385,000

workforce

FY 2011

budget
$8,682,117,000

workforce

FY 2010

budget
$10,297,864,000

workforce

So they are today making do with fewer employees and a smaller budget. Futhermore, their budget and workfoce is comparable with what it was under Republican administrations. Now, compare that with the defense department and I expect that you will find that the Defense Department wastes more money than the entire EPA budget.

thewhinyowl32 said:
The EPA is run by a bunch of liberal-progressives who believe in a leftist, statist, agenda.

Who won the last two elections. I find it rather odd that you Republican whiners claim to be all for representative government but ONLY as long as your whiny folks are in charge.

thewhinyowl32 said:
If the EPA was an impartial body, or an apolitical entity, then maybe I could entertain a hypothetical argument for its existence, but as we all know, it's not. The EPA, like NPR, is filled with liberal-progressives and radical environmentalists who believe plants and animals have civil rights on par with humans.

The EPA is there to enforce the laws and regulations promulgated by Congress. If the EPA is "filled with liberal-progressives and radical environmentalists" then you only have yourselves (conservatives) to blame for being anti-science and pro-industry polluters. You would apparently rather that hen house was controlled by the foxes instead of a guard dog. If I were a pro-industry polluter, I might feel the same way. Sorry Charlie. Life doesn't work that way. Everyone has to answer to someone.

I worked as an environmental consultant for many years, and dealt with the EPA on many sites. Each time, I found their conduct to be very professional, and their knowledge of the law and their role as enforcers of those laws to be impeccable.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back