Am I am Environmentalist?...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
I was thinking about some of the things I do and we do as a Household...

Our cars...

I purchased my 1992 Honda Accord "recycled" about 11 years ago... I have put 100K on it and it has almost 200K on it now... Runs great and gets me from my Home to my Office in about 8 to 10 minutes without fail. Most dependable thing I've ever owned.

I will drive it until it dies.

Could I drive just about any car I want to right now?... Absolutely.

I make plenty of money to get a car payment... I HATE car payments and I don't driver "Clients" anywhere. Some of my "Clients" are in Qatar while others in Boston and still others are at Fort Leavenworth and so on.

I am also not wrapped up in my Adolescence and need to Act a Peacock in every public setting... I simply don't care what people think of my Honda... Or my 1992 Chevy or my 1971 Chevy... Or my Wife's 2005 Odyssey... The only new car we have ever purchased.

I have only put (1) new car on this Earth since I was 16. I have owned about 10 cars and all but one was recycled to another person. I had to crash that Honda. :(

Our Homes...

We have a 1950's brick ranch with original hardwoods... It's about 2,700 sq ft and it has a 700 sq ft garage. It is old... It is also cozy and I have 3 little ones who are going to destroy it over the next 2 decades.

Could we live in a better neighborhood and a bigger Home?... Certainly. Have I have had a Home built?... Of the (3) I have owned, no.

I have not added to development on this Earth with my Homes.

Or 2nd Home is in the Mountains which we spent 2 years redoing using all local contractors in the hills. It is arguably "nicer" inside than our Home in town, but we don't Live there so it's easy to keep it nice and new when visiting on the weekends.

So my Homes are recycled and I have Invested in the Community with both. Where do you Live?...

Our Carbon Footprint...

Wife and I both drive fuel efficient cars on a daily.

We Recycle to the point where a (5) person household is only producing about (1) kitchen bag of trash a week. Westminster has a free recycling program as long as you bring it... We bring it. Not because I am concerned about the trash not being dealt with and causing Mankind's Demise with if I paid for a service... It really isn't that hard to separate recycled goods and I don't have to pay for a service. ;)

I mulch my front and back lawn... I haven't bagged grass in over a decade at least and that was when I was mowing both my Home's lawns here in town when I had (2) houses and my Dad's lawn. Sometimes I couldn't get to them in time to mulch and was an Evil Human and bagged the grass. :(

Our places of Employment and Children's Schooling...

I work about 8 to 10 minutes from Home... I used to work in a Basement converted to an Office in John Elway's Neighborhood about 20 years ago WAY out in Parker... 1 of 18 Jobs I have had in almost 30 years.

Main 2 reasons I work 8 to 10 minutes from Home now?... Gas COSTS... And I don't like sitting in traffic for 2 fucking hours on a bad day when it's 100 degrees out driving across the Metro.

Wife is a Teacher... Until 1st Grade our Children go to a Private Preparatory School which is literally a couple of blocks from us. After that they are going to my Wife's school until Middle School because SSEW/AdCo sucks ass as far as schools go. Not anti-Public Schools... My Wife is in the JCEA and NEA... Just anti-Shitty-Public Schools and there are plenty. My Wife's School is about 10 minutes from our Home.

Animals...

We don't own any. They are a Waste of Resources and Money and Domesticating Animals is Wrong. I know many will disagree with that and in that you are Wrong also. :)

Well... Now you know a little about my Liberal self... How's by you?... :dunno:

:)

peace...

Last edited:
Well you could be motivated by environmentalists' concerns.

Then too you could be a cheapskate.

I have noted that the two personality types tend to operate roughly the same when it comes to leaving CARBON FOOT PRINTS.

Environmentalism is one of the many rewards for being sensible and thrifty.

Congratulations!

Environmentalism is one of the many rewards for being sensible and thrifty.

Congratulations!

Purchasing a brand new Prius is not one of them...

$25,000 to put another car on the road when a well maintained Recycled Honda or Toyota gets good gas mileage and can cost 1/5th that price.

Prius buyers are dupes. :thup:

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back