Log Cabin Republicans endorse Trump..... Oh my.. Our LGTBQXYZ+_$? Should have their heads explode!

Trump's brilliance...attacking Dem's on their home turf forcing them to defend it. Good job Mr. President whoop the Dem's ass again in 2020 :eusa_clap:
Too bad he doesn’t use that energy to help the country. I feel sorry for the farmers.
No, you don't. Leftists have nothing but contempt for farmers.

Its more than contempt, one leftist loon at the Washington Post stated yesterday that anyone who voted for Trump must be "purged". That it wasn't enough to defeat Trump in 2020 but that Trump voters had to be destroyed and never again allowed to vote for a non liberal POTUS.
They're not even trying to hide their totalitarian tendencies anymore.

Look at the first two.

1. Saying it’s legal to fire workers for being transgender.
Last October, Attorney General Jeff Sessions reversed a federal policy that said transgender workers were protected from discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. This new position runs contrary to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission — a federal agency — and numerous federal courts, which have found Title VII does protect transgender workers. For example, the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled in March that Title VII protects transgender workers even if the employer raises a religious objection.

Saying that transgender workers are not protected under the Civil Rights Act is NOT the same as saying THAT IT'S LEGAL TO FIRE THEM FOR BEING TRANSGENDER!!!

Please tell me you see the difference.

And, I am not defending that shit either.

Here's #2:

2. Arguing that it’s legal to fire workers for being gay.
The Justice Department made an unexpected move last July when it stepped into in a major federal lawsuit to argue the Civil Rights Act of 1964 doesn’t protect gay workers from discrimination. The Trump administration’s filing was unusual in part because the Justice Department wasn’t a party in the case, and the department doesn’t typically weigh in on private employment lawsuits. Further, the Justice Department was fighting against a separate, autonomous federal agency that had supported a gay man's case. The court ruled in favor of LGBT rights, but the Trump administration hasn’t reversed its stance that it’s legal under federal law to fire employees for being gay.

Again, saying the Civil Rights Act does not protect gay workers is NOT the same thing as that title--IT'S LEGAL TO FIRE WORKERS FOR BEING GAY.

Can you see my point?

That is bullshit spinning and a mischaracterization that the author intended, knowing that the "summary" title would be the only think that most people read.

You know it's true. The intent was to stir outrage.

Again, I am NOT defending the Trump administration on any of that. I am calling out bullshit where I see it.

Yes, once again I see the difference, but I also know for a fact that people have been fired for being gay, in states where they are not protected by a law against discrimination. I would like to know more about the case you referenced . What court was this? What is the jurisdiction and does it have national implications or just one federal district or circuit?
Wait, what?

I was just quoting the article. I didn't cite cases. I don't know the case or cases to which the author was referring.

Ok Fair enough. But the fact is that gay people can be fired for being gay and saying that it is bullshit to make that claim is, well..... bullshit
It's not currently a civil rights case, apparently.

What does it mean?

There needs to be some court intervention to extend it to gays. I suspect the biggest hurdle is gay folks trying to force churches to employ them against the church's bigoted religious beliefs, which the church should have the right to decide.

Religious institutions are generally exempt from laws against discrimination. However, refusing to employ a gay person, when that persons sexual orientation, and their life away from that institution has nothing to do with their job may be a different story.
I can't wait for the first LGBTQ+ lawsuit against a mosque.

LOL! Just kidding. We know that will never happen.

Forum List

Back