Liz Warren leading charge to forgive student debt, Navient pays $2 billion settlement for giving loans to students who cant pay them back

That's nice sweetheart.

I'm not worried about it because I think China might do an okay job once they take over. They're big on science and they know how to get shit done.

This is why you're not taken serious. You're young aren't you?

What is she going to do if they don't take her seriously?
War dance!
warren3.jpg

Follow the money,

1. Government student loan guarantees eliminate the risk to the lender.
2. Dem colleges/universities jack up tuition and fees because students can get ridiculous loans from the lender.
3. Students borrow the money, give it to the colleges/universities who kick back some of the money to the Dem party.
4. Students get left holding the bag on student loans for greatly inflated priced degrees.

And THAT is the liberal mind.

STEP 1 - Convince people that everyone should go to college. Provide colleges and universities $billions in "no strings attached" funds to make it happen. This artificial demand creates sky-rocketing tuition and housing. At the same time it severely dilutes the value of nearly all college degrees.
STEP 2 - Act outraged that these same kids have all this debt that YOU helped create. YOU drove the tuition rates through the roof - and have the gall to be outraged about it.
STEP 3 - Blame the evil Republicans for not reversing YOUR fuck up and make sure everyone knows how evil and uncaring they are for saying anything different.

And THAT is the liberal mind.

STEP 1 - Convince people that everyone should go to college. Provide colleges and universities $billions in "no strings attached" funds to make it happen. This artificial demand creates sky-rocketing tuition and housing. At the same time it severely dilutes the value of nearly all college degrees.
STEP 2 - Act outraged that these same kids have all this debt that YOU helped create. YOU drove the tuition rates through the roof - and have the gall to be outraged about it.
STEP 3 - Blame the evil Republicans for not reversing YOUR fuck up and make sure everyone knows how evil and uncaring they are for saying anything different.
STEP 4 - Saddle the tax payers with all that debt.

The only way I would even CONSIDER this bullshit is if one has to surrender all of the course credits they STOLE.

If you borrow and do not pay back....YOU FUCKING STOLE.

Yes it is that simple.

My husband and I repaid ours and I have no desire to be paying off others.

Good for you. How much was your tuition? Mine was $2000 per year - an amount I could make easily working summer jobs. When I graduated, I was making $16,000 per year - double the amount I paid for tuition for a four year program. I graduated with no debt and within a year we bought our first house with a minimum down payment, using the Canada savings bonds I had been buying on the "monthly plan" since I was a teenager. The following year, I bought my first brand new car. By the time I was 28, we had two kids, 2 brand new vehicles, and we had bought a 3 bedroom raised ranch in a nice neighbourhood, with a large down payment from the sale of our first house, which had doubled in value. We were busy redecorating, again, buying new furniture and appliances when we moved.

Today, tuition is $20,000 per year, $80,000 total, and that same entry job pays $50,000 per year. A student might make $6000 pre taxes, over the summer with the right job but that's in Canada where you can wait tables and get $14/hr plus tips. Boomers bought their first homes right out of school Gen X was in their late 20's on average, before they moved out. The millenials are getting married and setting up their first homes in their early 30's. We were buying furniture, cars, houses, having babies in our 20's. Supply and demand and the demands of housing the Baby Boomers fuelled first world economies throughout the 60's and 70's, and even into the 1980's.

Now student debt is chaining young adults to their parents' basement while they get the debt down to sufficiently low levels, or their incomes rise high enough that they can afford to move out. A friend is helping his family to put his niece through school. Several family members are contributing. The school costs $60,000 per year for 4 years. $240,000 total. Starting salary in her chosen field $40,000 per year. It's insanity.

An American friend who attended Smith College in the 1970's and graduated debt free, was able to give her daughter the same advantage, but bemoaned how financially difficult that was for her. And she is definitely what I would consider upper middle class, with family income in the neighbourhood of $500,000 annually. Tuition is currently $54,000 per year at Smith. Nearly a quarter of a million dollars..

It's a real drag on your economy that these kids are lining the coffers of government and the big banks, instead of out spending the money on furniture, cars, and other consumer goods which will create investment and jobs. Interest payments on student debt are fuelling bigger dividends for stockholders, and transferring the young adults income to the top 10% at the fastest rate in US history. The biggest problem with the American economy is the 80% of the wealth of the nation is now going to the top 10%. Working people are being chained to student debts, and ever rising prices with no real increase in wages in 40 years.

Now that the system essentially enslaves young middle class graduates sending their first 10 years of income to pay off the debt incurred for that ticket to the middle class, it's a drag on your economy. And you don't have the sense to realize it or want to change it.

You got yours. Fuck these kids.

The only way I would even CONSIDER this bullshit is if one has to surrender all of the course credits they STOLE.

If you borrow and do not pay back....YOU FUCKING STOLE.
Forgiving the debt and then revoking the credits would be pointless. They'll be more useful citizens if they can use their education. What you want seems like punishment for the sake of punishment. It won't accomplish anything.

Good for you. How much was your tuition? Mine was $2000 per year - an amount I could make easily working summer jobs. When I graduated, I was making $16,000 per year - double the amount I paid for tuition for a four year program. I graduated with no debt and within a year we bought our first house with a minimum down payment, using the Canada savings bonds I had been buying on the "monthly plan" since I was a teenager. The following year, I bought my first brand new car. By the time I was 28, we had two kids, 2 brand new vehicles, and we had bought a 3 bedroom raised ranch in a nice neighbourhood, with a large down payment from the sale of our first house, which had doubled in value. We were busy redecorating, again, buying new furniture and appliances when we moved.

Today, tuition is $20,000 per year, $80,000 total, and that same entry job pays $50,000 per year. A student might make $6000 pre taxes, over the summer with the right job but that's in Canada where you can wait tables and get $14/hr plus tips. Boomers bought their first homes right out of school Gen X was in their late 20's on average, before they moved out. The millenials are getting married and setting up their first homes in their early 30's. We were buying furniture, cars, houses, having babies in our 20's. Supply and demand and the demands of housing the Baby Boomers fuelled first world economies throughout the 60's and 70's, and even into the 1980's.

Now student debt is chaining young adults to their parents' basement while they get the debt down to sufficiently low levels, or their incomes rise high enough that they can afford to move out. A friend is helping his family to put his niece through school. Several family members are contributing. The school costs $60,000 per year for 4 years. $240,000 total. Starting salary in her chosen field $40,000 per year. It's insanity.

An American friend who attended Smith College in the 1970's and graduated debt free, was able to give her daughter the same advantage, but bemoaned how financially difficult that was for her. And she is definitely what I would consider upper middle class, with family income in the neighbourhood of $500,000 annually. Tuition is currently $54,000 per year at Smith. Nearly a quarter of a million dollars..

It's a real drag on your economy that these kids are lining the coffers of government and the big banks, instead of out spending the money on furniture, cars, and other consumer goods which will create investment and jobs. Interest payments on student debt are fuelling bigger dividends for stockholders, and transferring the young adults income to the top 10% at the fastest rate in US history. The biggest problem with the American economy is the 80% of the wealth of the nation is now going to the top 10%. Working people are being chained to student debts, and ever rising prices with no real increase in wages in 40 years.

Now that the system essentially enslaves young middle class graduates sending their first 10 years of income to pay off the debt incurred for that ticket to the middle class, it's a drag on your economy. And you don't have the sense to realize it or want to change it.

You got yours. Fuck these kids.

It's a real drag on your economy that these kids are lining the coffers of government and the big banks, instead of out spending the money on furniture, cars, and other consumer goods which will create investment and jobs.

How are these kids, "lining the coffers of government"?

Forgiving the debt and then revoking the credits would be pointless. They'll be more useful citizens if they can use their education. What you want seems like punishment for the sake of punishment. It won't accomplish anything.

If they were useful citizens using their education, they wouldn't be defaulting on their debt.

This is how Warren becomes the left's new love. If the right doesn't take this woman seriously they'll regret it. Same goes for AOC.
Sorry....but if Liz Warren hasn't been taken seriously by now....she never will.
Most of us can see that she's an idiot who is just trying to generate recognition for her silly statements like AOC.
What's worse....nobody wants to date her.

Sorry....but if Liz Warren hasn't been taken seriously by now....she never will.
Most of us can see that she's an idiot who is just trying to generate recognition for her silly statements like AOC.
What's worse....nobody wants to date her.

Nothing says viable liberal presidential candidate like failing to win your very liberal home state.

Dems bailed out banks who made shitty loans that led to the housing bubble bursting in 2009. Why didn't those banks pay the people? Why did THE TAXPAYER BAIL OUT THE BANKS?

This victim mentality is terrible. YOU BORROWED THE FUCKING MONEY....it's on you to repay!

“Navient repeatedly and deliberately put profits ahead of its borrowers – it engaged in deceptive and abusive practices, targeted students who it knew would struggle to pay loans back, and placed an unfair burden on people trying to improve their lives through education,” Shapiro said. “Today’s settlement corrects Navient’s past behavior, provides much needed relief to Pennsylvania borrowers, and puts in place safeguards to ensure this company never preys on student loan borrowers again.”

I blame the greedy educators for excessively high tuition

Forum List

Back