Liz Warren leading charge to forgive student debt, Navient pays $2 billion settlement for giving loans to students who cant pay them back

I blame the greedy educators for excessively high tuition

I don't.

Ferraris are available for $200,000, but one doesn't need to buy a $200,000 Ferrari to own a car. One can buy a used Kia for $2,000 and get all the usefulness of the $200k Ferrari.

Last edited:
Forgiving the debt and then revoking the credits would be pointless. They'll be more useful citizens if they can use their education. What you want seems like punishment for the sake of punishment. It won't accomplish anything.

And then they wonder why these young kids aren't voting Republican. The architects of the economy.

The Republican Party and their wrong headed economic policies have been impoverishing working Americans for decades, starting with Ronald Reagan's assault on the Air Traffic Controllers Union, and their repeal of anti-trust laws. Every one of their economic crashes has further impoverished working Americans, and increased the wealth of the top 10% - yet Republican bailouts have consistently gone to the top 10%, rather than the workers who are harmed by their policies.

For decades, a college degree has been the ticket to the middle class. And now, they've found a way to hold the poor kids back from making the jump, by making it so expensive, that only the wealthy can afford it. Average student loan is $50,000 but you know that poor kids will have less money saved, so they'll have the higher than average loans.

This is Lucy pulling the football away, every time Charley Brown tries to kick it.

Maybe if colleges would stop gouging everyone they wouldn't have to take out massive loans to learn French Literature.

Hey, If people want to spend $100k per year to get a degree in Elisabethan Poetry at a private school in the mountains of California...they should be able to piss that money away......BUT THEY HAVE TO PAY IT BACK.

Maybe if colleges would stop gouging everyone they wouldn't have to take out massive loans to learn French Literature.

My college teacher American friends tell me it is virtually impossible to flunk out these days. All of the schools are hurting for money, and they need the tuition. Teachers are getting called up on the carpet if their students marks aren't high enough. Teacher are being blamed for being "too hard" on the students, or for not giving them enough guidance.

As one teacher said "If they're not showing up for class, haven't handed in any assignments, and failed the exam, what the fuck am I supposed to do?".

I don't.

Ferraris are available for $200,000, but one doesn't need to buy a $200,000 to own a car. One can buy a used Kia for $2,000 and get all the usefulness of the $200k Ferrari.
I think the elite universities would be happy if no American could afford to attend because they can fill the seats with foreigners

I think the elite universities would be happy if no American could afford to attend because they can fill the seats with foreigners

I feel you, but the elites want to indoctrinate American youths into communism. That is how they use the university system.

Exactly!
They should vote for the Democrats who run the colleges and pushed for the government takeover of student loans.

Democrats don't "run the colleges". Every single one of the Republican Presidents, Supreme Court Judges, and members of their Administrations graduated from one either Harvard or Yale, except Trump, who graduated from Wharton, which is also liberal leaning.

Both Harvard and Yale "very liberal" so it looks to me that rather than creating good little liberals which conservatives keep tell us is happening, these schools are teaching students to think for themselves and make their own decisions. If they were brainwashing students into liberalism, why are so many of their graduates going on to become leaders in the conservative movement in general, and Republican politics in particular?

Watch what happens. Warren is going to stick it to the taxpayer. The Lending Institutions will now have these risky loans government-backed. If the lending institutions continue making these risky loans, it will collapse. If smart people finally come up with criteria and controls that limit student debt, then the Democrats will go down the path how Blacks and Latinos are being denied the same opportunities as wealthy Whites who get to go 3 time zones away to some elite private school and major in a field with low salaries.

Can you imagine this is even a DISCUSSION with left wing commie cuckold assholes? :rolleyes:

It's the fault of the person who LOANED YOU THE MONEY!! :auiqs.jpg::eusa_clap::laughing0301:

That is some left wing pretzel logic.
I think young people just want solutions. They want action. They're tired of angry old assholes arguing over nothing and accomplishing just as much. They will get behind whichever party wants to do things that will actually help them in life.

And then they wonder why these young kids aren't voting Republican. The architects of the economy.

Way too many of them aren't voting at all. How do you convince more young people that it's worth it to go vote? A lot of them think it's pointless and that the system is completely rigged against them.

Both Harvard and Yale "very liberal" so it looks to me that rather than creating good little liberals which conservatives keep tell us is happening, these schools are teaching students to think for themselves and make their own decisions.
Just because the most intelligent students resist the indoctrination doesn't mean the vast majority don't succumb to it. Logic: it's not just a word you have trouble spelling.

If you borrow money, you pay it back. Fuck you if you think otherwise, you virtue signaling communist dingbat.

Is it borrowing or coercion? If you can't get a good job without a degree, how do you get the degree? Whatever you have to do to get that degree - beg, borrow or steal. That's what you do. Because you believe you can overcome anything if you work hard enough.

Republicans have bled the working class white. Workers used to own 5% of the nation's wealth. Now they're dependent on Earned Income Credits and food stamps. The American middle class is shrinking with more people falling into poverty than are rising into wealth. They can't take any more from these groups to transfer to the top. 60% of Americans are one lost paycheck away from serious financial problems.

Fresh outta school with their first grown up jobs, these kids had disposable income. Now the Republican wealth transfer machine has found a way to capture their first 10 years of income and send it straight to the top 10%. Student loans. Problem solved.

I think young people just want solutions. They want action. They're tired of angry old assholes arguing over nothing and accomplishing just as much. They will get behind whichever party wants to do things that will actually help them in life.
The only good thing the government can do for any people is to lower their taxes. The sooner young people realize that, the better their lives will be.

Is it borrowing or coercion? If you can't get a good job without a degree, how do you get the degree? Whatever you have to do to get that degree - beg, borrow or steal. That's what you do. Because you believe you can overcome anything if you work hard enough.

Republicans have bled the working class white. Workers used to own 5% of the nation's wealth. Now they're dependent on Earned Income Credits and food stamps. The American middle class is shrinking with more people falling into poverty than are rising into wealth. They can't take any more from these groups to transfer to the top. 60% of Americans are one lost paycheck away from serious financial problems.

Fresh outta school with their first grown up jobs, these kids had disposable income. Now the Republican wealth transfer machine has found a way to capture their first 10 years of income and send it straight to the top 10%. Student loans. Problem solved.

Oh bull. They took a loan and they signed a contract. Were they too retarded to read the back of the contract?

Forum List

Back