Biden's failed student loans forgiveness leaves some borrowers scrambling

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Roughly half of the 75% of borrowers confident that they would have their student debt forgiven under the blocked plan spent money they otherwise would not have, the Intelligent.com survey said.

More than half (58%) of respondents with student debt said they were not prepared for payments to resume later this year, the survey said. And 27% said they were likely to refuse to pay the $10,000 in relief they thought they would receive.

Roughly 34% to 76% of borrowers will likely miss their first required federal student loan payment, according to a recent VantageScore report. The average credit score could take a hit of between one and 9 points as a result.

Blah, as if people who didn't go to college didn't incur debt in an effort to improve their quality of life. I know I did.

I chose to exchange my labor for money to achieve my own goals so why, as a tax-payer, do I owe them?

They chose to exchange debt for education in the hope of better employment later and for many that's how it worked out, they are making bank and their loans are long paid-off.

What seems to be lost here is supposedly with a college education they have much more earning potential than I would have with a HS diploma. The fact that they did nothing with their degree is besides the point.

What seems to be lost here is supposedly with a college education they have much more earning potential than I would have with a HS diploma. The fact that they did nothing with their degree is besides the point.

A big part of the probelm is folks who didn't finish their degree program ... and aren't making the salary needed to pay off the loan ... and bankruptcy is no protection ...

The colleges themselves loaned this money to people they KNEW would fail ...

A big part of the probelm is folks who didn't finish their degree program ... and aren't making the salary needed to pay off the loan ... and bankruptcy is no protection ...

The colleges themselves loaned this money to people they KNEW would fail ...

If they were the ones taking on the loan risk I have no problem with that, same as a bank that makes risky loans, the market will take care of it as long as the .gov does not put their finger on the scale..

It's my tax money I'm concerned about.

3LIjJsl.png

Roughly half of the 75% of borrowers confident that they would have their student debt forgiven under the blocked plan spent money they otherwise would not have, the Intelligent.com survey said.

More than half (58%) of respondents with student debt said they were not prepared for payments to resume later this year, the survey said. And 27% said they were likely to refuse to pay the $10,000 in relief they thought they would receive.

Roughly 34% to 76% of borrowers will likely miss their first required federal student loan payment, according to a recent VantageScore report. The average credit score could take a hit of between one and 9 points as a result.

Blah, as if people who didn't go to college didn't incur debt in an effort to improve their quality of life. I know I did.

I chose to exchange my labor for money to achieve my own goals so why, as a tax-payer, do I owe them?

They chose to exchange debt for education in the hope of better employment later and for many that's how it worked out, they are making bank and their loans are long paid-off.

You mean the conservative courts ruling which the olde white QOP party cheered...probably won't come up for young people in next year's election.

Just a reminder.

Why did the Loan Forgiveness Plan not happen?

Oh yeah

REPUBLICANS blocked it.

Remember that

Forum List

Back