Liverpool fans boo the anthem at Cup Final - tory meltdown

Yeah thanks. That will do if you don't want to elaborate.
Thats it really.They have had 30 years of arse covering and political opposition. They are alienated from England. They wear shirts saying "Scouse not English" .

I knew a few lads who went to that game. It was sunday morning before I knew they were safe. No mobiles then.

The murdoch press ran stories fed to them by the police. Saying tht drunken fans had pissed on dead bodies and robbed stuff out of their pockets.

It was a horrible time living in thatchers britain.

They are more likely to gain fans than lose them over this.
It goes back to the Hillsborough disaster in the late 80s. Nearly 100 people died and it was all blamed on Liverpool fans.

It wasnt their fault. But an esrablishment stitch up followed. The police,te tory party. the media., the legal system and mrgaret Thatcher conspired to deny the truth.

Liverpool folk felt a huge grievance against the establishment ever since. the anthem is a part of that.

There are no tory MPs on merseyside and there never will be. You have to respect that.

I watched a documentary on Hillsborough about the events leading up to the tragedy and the subsequent covers ups and finger pointing. Just horrible all around.

I watched a documentary on Hillsborough about the events leading up to the tragedy and the subsequent covers ups and finger pointing. Just horrible all around.
Yup, there is a film as well. Its chilling watching the power of the state turn on ordinary people to protect the police.

Forum List

Back