Lingering Consequences

There has been a lot of talk about the effects of long covid, but the consequences of the past few years touch on many aspects of students' lives.

1. Ignores to me, the most damaging aspect, the loss of socializing in the very young. Much of that would be pre-schools, or NOT school, but still...

2. Leaves out that the reason that people are losing faith in public schools, is because of the politicalization of those schools.

1. Ignores to me, the most damaging aspect, the loss of socializing in the very young. Much of that would be pre-schools, or NOT school, but still...
That is mentioned in the article.

That is mentioned in the article.

Damaged education will impact careers and lifetime earnings.

Failing to socialize means that people will be anti-social for their entire lives.

We will be reading about people who went off the rails during Covid and now are in the news, for the rest of our lives.

Damaged education will impact careers and lifetime earnings.

Failing to socialize means that people will be anti-social for their entire lives.

We will be reading about people who went off the rails during Covid and now are in the news, for the rest of our lives.
Don’t be hyperbolic. People can recover with time.

Yes they can. Don’t panic.

not panicing. I think, well hope that most people with children, had enough close contacts that their children still got socialized.

BUT, imo, the population of anti-social people is going to be greatly enlarged by the effects of the lockdowns and this will be a problem until that cohort of children dies of old age.

not panicing. I think, well hope that most people with children, had enough close contacts that their children still got socialized.

BUT, imo, the population of anti-social people is going to be greatly enlarged by the effects of the lockdowns and this will be a problem until that cohort of children dies of old age.

Now you're just being ridiculous. Kids are more durable than you think. They can bounce back from a lot.

There has been a lot of talk about the effects of long covid, but the consequences of the past few years touch on many aspects of students' lives.

My youngest daughter greatly suffered from "Zoom" schooling her grades were over 3.8 level in the 7th grade dropped to about 1.8 level 8th grade then when she went to the High school building it is back up to 3.2 and climbing.

She hates online schooling rather be in class where she just functions so much better.

Dennis Prager said it from the beginning, loudly and in countless forums, that the shutdowns were the biggest mistake in the history of Western Civilization. Not catastrophe, MISTAKE.

In his new book, former AG Barr says that Trump's single biggest mistake was turning over the management of the Pandemic to Dr. Fauci, an attention-seeking, incompetent, career bureaucrat.

The linked article seems to support those assessments.

Now you're just being ridiculous. Kids are more durable than you think. They can bounce back from a lot.

Yep. They can. There is a lot of shit in the world that kids are made to bounce back from.

Failing to socialize is not one of them, from what I have heard.

As with everything else, suburban white kids and kids in private or parochial schools are fine. It's the "minority" kids and the ones in urban schools who will be harmed. But their grades will remain at stratospheric levels.

Yep. They can. There is a lot of shit in the world that kids are made to bounce back from.

Failing to socialize is not one of them, from what I have heard.
You heard wrong.

Anti-societal is a worse problem. I'm not a very social person but I am a good citizen and very concerned about society as a whole.

Anti-societal is a worse problem. I'm not a very social person but I am a good citizen and very concerned about society as a whole.

Those that fail to properly socialize, are unable to function in society. This generally leads to very unhealthy relationships and often criminal activity.

Forum List

Back