lightning is still unexplained

trevorjohnson83

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2015
I don't know if many of you know this but how lightning is made is still unexplained.

There are two things that can be assumed. One is that lightning requires heat as it only happens in the summer. The other is that lightning clouds reach higher up into the atmosphere then regular rain clouds. The atmospheric pressure high up in the clouds would be less and the water molecules would be colder and more resistant to bonding. Water being highly energy absorbent would gain heat from the cloud sweeping over the hot land.

But how does the water convert heat into electricity? any guesses?

Here's an idea I'm going to try out. Two bell jars at A and B, A has less pressure inside then B. The water in the cup at C is hot and the cup at D is room temperature. A conductive wire at E attaches the two which act as different levels to the atmosphere. Probably won't work but I'll get back on my results.

bell jars.png

Last edited:
I don't know if many of you know this but how lightning is made is still unexplained.

There are two things that can be assumed. One is that lightning requires heat as it only happens in the summer. The other is that lightning clouds reach higher up into the atmosphere then regular rain clouds. The atmospheric pressure high up in the clouds would be less and the water molecules would be colder and more resistant to bonding. Water being highly energy absorbent would gain heat from the cloud sweeping over the hot land.

But how does the water convert heat into electricity? any guesses?

Here's an idea I'm going to try out. Two bell jars at A and B, A has less pressure inside then B. The water in the cup at C is hot and the cup at D is room temperature. A conductive wire at E attaches the two which act as different levels to the atmosphere. Probably won't work but I'll get back on my results.

View attachment 727271
Try this:

Try this:
That link is not crackpot approved.

Observing lightning happen on other planets might help lead to the answers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back