Liberals, would you honestly support bringing back the draft? If so, why?

Liberals have always been opposed to the draft.

Charlie Rangel used to introduce a bill to institute the draft, but that was a ploy to make war even more unpopular.

I am retired military, and I oppose the draft. I have had to work with other militaries that had obligatory service and their troops were worthless, lazy, don't-want-to-be-here pains in the ass.

Liberals, would you honestly support bringing back the draft? If so, why?

Absolutely! Let NaziCon warmongers enjoy the fun of war and spill some of their own blood. And no more chickenhawk draft deferments.

I'm still trying to determine how widespread the views of a few of your group here are.

Well, I am considered to be from the Left, and I was never against the draft, and were circumstances to dictate that we need a draft, I would certainly support it.

However, I know Conservatives who are against the draft. This is much more an individual issue and not really a left-right issue.

Liberals have always been opposed to the draft.

Charlie Rangel used to introduce a bill to institute the draft, but that was a ploy to make war even more unpopular.

I am retired military, and I oppose the draft. I have had to work with other militaries that had obligatory service and their troops were worthless, lazy, don't-want-to-be-here pains in the ass.
Nice dig at all the draftees that have served and died for this country.

I won't debate your sincerity or your service, but, I never heard a real live officer diss draftees like that.

You worked with other militaries, you did not work with American draftees, I take it.

But all that aside, the draft is needed in any military action taking over 120 days or involving more than 100,000 troops.

But, no deferments for college or anything else; everyone goes in the pool, women too.

The absolute abuse of the volunteer army since Vietnam is a national disgrace, but, with no draft, everybody watched American Idol rather that protest the volunteers having to do two, three and four tours.

We never would have had these long wars had we had a draft.

Forum List

Back