Liberals successfully erase history

Is a statue "history"?

Nope. There's so much history that doesn't get put into statue form, all they've done is taken a statue down. People still know who Robert E. Lee is... even if one of his statues has gone.
Then I guess you would say a book is not history either. Just a bunch of words with no meaning. The statue had meaning. It represented part of our history that saw brothers fighting brothers and mass casualties that finally resulted in the fall of slavery. If we are going to head down that road then, Frankly, we should tear down all statues or any depiction of the thug George Floyd because he was a felon, druggie, counterfeiter and thug.

Depends on whos hero he was...
We need to turbo-charge this shit.

ANYONE who EVER did ANYTHING wrong by 2023 standards AND who in ANY way contributed to ANY work of art as creator, enabler or subject?

Tear. That. Shit. DOWN.

:banana:

Then I guess you would say a book is not history either. Just a bunch of words with no meaning. The statue had meaning. It represented part of our history that saw brothers fighting brothers and mass casualties that finally resulted in the fall of slavery. If we are going to head down that road then, Frankly, we should tear down all statues or any depiction of the thug George Floyd because he was a felon, druggie, counterfeiter and thug.
All things impure must be removed!

The vacuum thus created?

We will really, really love it.

:)

Incorrect, but you may not care to know what's been destroyed.
You mean like this famous frieze, or the historical building it came from

1*tl0cqXP2M4HuFo-zYF__hA.jpeg

That's the irony of protecting the monuments to the evil side of the conflict.

It's like in the struggle between good and evil, you insist on the preservation of moments to the devil.

Is a statue "history"?

Nope. There's so much history that doesn't get put into statue form, all they've done is taken a statue down. People still know who Robert E. Lee is... even if one of his statues has gone.
If all you do is look at a statue, and show no interest in the history, all you did was look.
Statues should be useful to learning history. We have only one political party trying to wipe out history and that party is the Democrats.

Imagine if you will if we republicans were melting down the statue of Arthur Ashe? His statue still stands on Monument ave and over what? Playing an insignificant game.

That looks pretty gay. We can't have THAT now can we?
The friezes in question consisted of limestone bas-relief sculptures of two naked women brandishing large scarves, as Frenchwomen are known to do. They gave the appearance of performing a Martha Graham dance, scarves-as-veils. That was precisely the intention of Rene Paul Chambellan, the American sculptor who was an advocate of the “French Modern Style,” also known as Zigzag Moderne.

You mean like this famous frieze, or the historical building it came from

1*tl0cqXP2M4HuFo-zYF__hA.jpeg
I sense a trap...

Is this Epstein's townhouse?

Bill Clinton's love shack?

I'm sure you wouldn't post a pic of some Nazi shit, because then people would ask why you were browsing Nazi shit.

But speaking of Nazi shit, do you believe all copies of Triumph of the Will and Mein Kampf should be destroyed?

Asking for a friend.

Definitely not a Nazi friend! :eek:

I sense a trap...

Is this Epstein's townhouse?

Bill Clinton's love shack?

I'm sure you wouldn't post a pic of some Nazi shit, because then people would ask why you were browsing Nazi shit.

But speaking of Nazi shit, do you believe all copies of Triumph of the Will and Mein Kampf should be destroyed?

Asking for a friend.

Definitely not a Nazi friend! :eek:
First, i'm against book burning. But then, books are not on public display, they aren't forced upon the public conscience.

Forum List

Back