Liberal bias versus right wing conspiracy

Nicholas_1982

VIP Member
Jun 20, 2015
This is what the context of our conversations are all about now.

We no longer defend policy positions nor do we attempt to educate ourselves on information that is opposite our current opinion.

When anyone attempts to dismantle the lunacy that is Donald Trump someone will invariable yell liberal bias.

When anyone attempts to dismantle the wretchedness that is Hillary Clinton someone will invariable yell right wing conspiracy.

We no longer defend a candidate. Trump did this, well Hillary did this. Hillary said this, well Trump said this.

That is what this message board and the vast majority of news comments all say.

It really is sad that information can't be presented and people weigh that information independent of their own bias

We no longer defend policy positions nor do we attempt to educate ourselves on information that is opposite our current opinion.

When anyone attempts to dismantle the lunacy that is Donald Trump someone will invariable yell liberal bias.

When anyone attempts to dismantle the wretchedness that is Hillary Clinton someone will invariable yell right wing conspiracy.

We no longer defend a candidate. Trump did this, well Hillary did this. Hillary said this, well Trump said this.

It really is sad that information can't be presented and people weigh that information independent of their own bias
I can honestly say I don't fall in to that line of thinking, but it is hard, I try to stay on point, don't go for the name calling and give, what I consider, a factual analysis. The problem is when I represent an argument, especially when it's undisputed I get no reply, or get answered with dogma.

I can honestly say I don't fall in to that line of thinking, but it is hard, I try to stay on point, don't go for the name calling and give, what I consider, a factual analysis. The problem is when I represent an argument, especially when it's undisputed I get no reply, or get answered with dogma.
Most people are idiots, but the coming election really needs no debate. Either you are a ****(like the people you describe), you can't bring yourself to accept Trump(like the OP) or you get behind Trump as some crazy last ditch effort to avoid a race war and/or ww3.

Most people are idiots, but the coming election really needs no debate. Either you are a ****(like the people you describe), you can't bring yourself to accept Trump(like the OP) or you get behind Trump as some crazy last ditch effort to avoid a race war and/or ww3.
How do you see WW3 or a race war happening under Clinton. I have a clear idea how Trump might cause it but I'm interested in your view?

American politics is like WWF wrasslin' and not nearly as real.

Too bad the reality is the GOP has been a catastrophe for the middle class, the country, political discourse, and the world for years, and just wants to continue that. All to save the greedy idiot rich....

I can't bring myself to get behind Clinton either, so what does that mean?

How do you see WW3 or a race war happening under Clinton. I have a clear idea how Trump might cause it but I'm interested in your view?
It won't necessarily happen under Clinton. But demographically, this is white America's last chance to save themselves from ethnic cleansing in ernest by democratic means.

There is not enough civility on this message board to allow for very much constructive discourse. Most of the dialogue consists of attempts to shut down dissenting views with profanity and/or obfuscation.

I suspect that some only post because they like to debase and ridicule others.

Too bad the reality is the GOP has been a catastrophe for the middle class, the country, political discourse, and the world for years, and just wants to continue that. All to save the greedy idiot rich....
They don't want Trump though, do they? A vote for Trump is a vote to reform the GOP.

I don't blame you for being suspicious of Trump.

I suppose I'm getting old so someone who'll shore the gaps up without rocking the boat, appeals to me. Trump is very moderate so even if he turns out to be hot air, things won't be any worse than any other president has been.

Nothing really. It's kind of like an episode of South Park I once watched. The kids have to choose between a vaginal douche and some other ridiculous thing, all the while the grownups keep on claiming it's their democratic duty. There are no appealing choices I get that. My position is that I consider Trump an actual danger and Clinton just another politician. Neither is my choice but the choice isn't all that hard in my opinion either.

Nothing really. It's kind of like an episode of South Park I once watched. The kids have to choose between a vaginal douche and some other ridiculous thing, all the while the grownups keep on claiming it's their democratic duty. There are no appealing choices I get that. My position is that I consider Trump an actual danger and Clinton just another politician. Neither is my choice but the choice isn't all that hard in my opinion either.
Why exactly is Trump dangerous?

Why exactly is Trump dangerous?
Numerous reasons. His divisive rhetoric for starters. Giving people easily identifiable enemies is a sure way to get support, it's also something that causes inevitable polarization amongst the populace. Especially if you are prone to just spew whatever comes into your head regardless of facts. His notorious thin skin and willingness to exact revenge even after beating your opponent. And what concerns me the most, this in conjunction with his startling lack of foreign policy knowledge. When you call NATO obsolete question your commitments to it and then question Japans interests in NATO and you do all this publicly, you are emboldening a leader ( Putin) with territorial ambition. What you say has consequences, a reality Trump doesn't even begin to fathom.

Yes, that thought has crossed my mind. It's quite possible Trump is just another distraction.
A distraction who only wants less taxes on the rich AGAIN!!! and thinks he can get elected by parroting RW propaganda and hate.
wait, who are the "rich"?
I'd say over 400k income, but you can be sure Trump will qualify lol...

Yes, that thought has crossed my mind. It's quite possible Trump is just another distraction.
A distraction who only wants less taxes on the rich AGAIN!!! and thinks he can get elected by parroting RW propaganda and hate.
wait, who are the "rich"?
I'd say over 400k income, but you can be sure Trump will qualify lol...
It's a shame they can't tax the very rich.

Forum List

Back