Zone1 Leviticus 19:18, one of the passages that encourages me to forgive my wife...

The Bible does not say for you to submit to your wife.......she is to submit to you. Stand up to her then get her some psych help for her abusive behaviors.

Most abusers do so only as long as you let them and will back down if confronted.

This.

It is so simple but it works. The wife has broken the OP down because she doesn't respect him. Lack of respect breaks men down.

This.

It is so simple but it works. The wife has broken the OP down because she doesn't respect him. Lack of respect breaks men down.
It is entirely newto me. I cared for her and she took advantage of this. It was made worse with her gamb!ing.

What do you mean? I should not forgive her until asked? That defies Jesuses and Goes words.
Does it? You sure about that? How can you forgive someone who doesn't want or need your forgiveness? Because if they don't show remorse for their actions there is literally nothing to forgive.

For all those who wonder how I can do so. I'm not sure if I can quite honestly, but I do know that God demands it from each of us, even when it's difficult: “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.
“For the abuser, thou shall see compassion and forgiveness as weakness thus thou shall abuse again unless truly repentant.” I am Cellblock2429

Does it? You sure about that? How can you forgive someone who doesn't want or need your forgiveness? Because if they don't show remorse for their actions there is literally nothing to forgive.
She must have some remorse. Even if she doesn't, God will be judging her. My efforts to work through forgiving her is important for both of our soils.

She must have some remorse. Even if she doesn't, God will be judging her. My efforts to work through forgiving her is important for both of our soils.
Until she takes accountability for her actions it's likely to continue.

With that said, Jesus did forgive us even though we didn't ask to be forgiven so maybe it will make a difference to her.

Until she takes accountability for her actions it's likely to continue.

With that said, Jesus did forgive us even though we didn't ask to be forgiven so maybe it will make a difference to her.
Matthew 6:14-15 is an important verse for this principle.

If that's the one I am remembering the implication is that forgiveness was asked each time forgiveness was granted.
No, we must forgive others for their sins and God will do the same for ours. If not, he will also not forgive ours. As I alluded to, it is good for both of our souls to forgive.

No, we must forgive others for their sins and God will do the same for ours. If not, he will also not forgive ours. As I alluded to, it is good for both of our souls to forgive.
I wouldn't dare to presume what God will or will not do.

Jesuses words friend. Not presumption needed and in the case of Leviticus he clearly states, "I am the Lord".
When you state what God must do that's presumption. And no, we must not do anything. We have free will to do as we please. Just as God has free will to do as he pleases.

As for your situation, I don't know what she did to you, but please don't take it out on me. Forgive her, don't forgive her.... I couldn't care less. All I know is that we will continue to have lessons brought back to us until we learn from them. So regardless of what you choose to do, you shouldn't necessarily expect things to work out as you expect.

When you state what God must do that's presumption. And no, we must not do anything. We have free will to do as we please. Just as God has free will to do as he pleases.

As for your situation, I don't know what she did to you, but please don't take it out on me. Forgive her, don't forgive her.... I couldn't care less. All I know is that we will continue to have lessons brought back to us until we learn from them. So regardless of what you choose to do, you shouldn't necessarily expect things to work out as you expect.

I'm confused, what did I say to give the impression I was taking it out on you? I am not, we are having what I believed to be a civil discussion, that's all. We may disagree on some key tenet but that's fine.

If I made you feel I was being rude or offensive, I apologize, that wasn't my intent certainly.

For all those who wonder how I can do so. I'm not sure if I can quite honestly, but I do know that God demands it from each of us, even when it's difficult: “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.
loving someone does not mean being a dormat and putting up with abuse

that just makes the person become more stuck in his/her ways and basically enables the person to be evil

Sadly leaving an abusive relationship is very difficult. It is much more difficult for a man, since the laws are on the side of the abuser. The OP must escape -- it will get worse 100%.

1. To thine own self be true. -Shakespeare
2. The truth will set you free. -John 8:32
3. Go where the truth leads you. -jwoodie

one of the passages that encourages me to forgive my wife ...

well that's interesting - can you be a little insightfull for what it might be that needs forgiving ...

Forum List

Back