Zone1 Leviticus 19:18, one of the passages that encourages me to forgive my wife...

For all those who wonder how I can do so. I'm not sure if I can quite honestly, but I do know that God demands it from each of us, even when it's difficult: “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.
You may forgive your wife. You MUST ESCAPE first. Otherwise she will continue abusing you.

The Bible does not say for you to submit to your wife.......she is to submit to you. Stand up to her then get her some psych help for her abusive behaviors.

Most abusers do so only as long as you let them and will back down if confronted.

For all those who wonder how I can do so. I'm not sure if I can quite honestly, but I do know that God demands it from each of us, even when it's difficult: “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.
that's fine....but as Terry Bradshaw says...anuff is anuff.

Forgiving someone doesn't require that you put up with their abuse

For some reason this passage calls to mind another. If your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off; if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. This is not to be taken literally, of course. It means cast away that what causes you to sin.

You are to love your wife. If you cause your wife to sin, perhaps it is best to cast yourself aside, rather than condemn your wife to a life of sin?

The ONLY reason I bring this up, is that the Bible has great wisdom. Forgiving others is only one bit of wisdom. Sometimes, we can focus so much on one verse, we forget that there are over 30,000 other verses that also offer sage advice.

Again, I am not suggesting you leave your wife or not forgive your wife, only that there may also be other bits of wisdom to guide you along the way.

No good idea will begin with, "According to Leviticus, ..." Fire and brimstone preachers are all about that particular book of the Bible.

Different things are forbidden to different people. Noahides (most people) have only Seven Laws, but violating these Laws is a great sin. Descendants of Abraham -- Muslims and Jews have more Laws. Jews have 613 Laws.
No, that is what the Jewish religion says.
That's NOT what the Scriptures say.
If Jews put unnecessary burdens on THEMSELVES, that has nothing to do with me.
.I don't follow Judaism, and I don't look for their approval. I follow Jesus and the Scriptures He acknowledged

It also says that cheeseburgers are a sin ... so, there's that.

That would depend on what version of the Bible or translation. Most say not to boil a goat kid in it's mothers milk......so unless those cheeseburgers are actually goat kid burgers cooked in goat milk instead of a fryer, then it doesn't apply.

Forum List

Back