Zone1 Let's fix retirement, and incentivize the workforce by doing so.

This is America, the top 10% are so wealthy they would have no trouble supporting everyone else.
that doesnt mean they should have the government gun pointed at their heads and forced to provide for others,,

if they earned it legally then its their money not the governments,,

and besides this is america,, the country where is easier than any other country to work yourself out of poverty,, in fact the poor in this country are richer than the majority of the planet,,

Nope. It's NOT just whatever most of us want. Democracy is not a death pact and it can only work if it's strictly limited. eg if the majority can vote to fuck over the minority whenever and however the want, the minority will no longer play along.
On that I agree and the reverse is also true and explains the anger so many on the Left feel towards the SCOTUS.

You're such an angry person and you hate this country so much, I have to wonder why you stay.
nice try coward,, I am willing stand up for my rights against you or any other mother fucker that thinks he can steal from me,,

but we all know youre to much of a coward to hold the gun yourself,,,

that doesnt mean they should have the government gun pointed at their heads and forced to provide for others,,

if they earned it legally then its their money not the governments,,

and besides this is america,, the country where is easier than any other country to work yourself out of poverty,, in fact the poor in this country are richer than the majority of the planet,,
It is because we have the government gun pointed at our heads forcing us to provide for others that this is a the country where it is easier than any other country to work yourself out of poverty.

It is because we have the government gun pointed at our heads forcing us to provide for others that this is a the country where it is easier than any other country to work yourself out of poverty.
no its not,, prosperity existed long before the welfare programs,,

in fact I would claim that the government ran welfare programs have caused more harm than good by pushing the fathers out of the house and rewarding people that refuse to provide for themselves which has led to higher rates of poverty and crime,,

no its not,, prosperity existed long before the welfare programs,,
So did poverty like you can't imagine.

in fact I would claim that the government ran welfare programs have caused more harm than good by pushing the fathers out of the house and rewarding people that refuse to provide for themselves which has led to higher rates of poverty and crime,,
There is plenty of blame to go around, no doubt but it goes back long before the 'War on Poverty'.

So did poverty like you can't imagine.

There is plenty of blame to go around, no doubt but it goes back long before the 'War on Poverty'.
I dont have to imagine poverty,, I can see it everyday in countries around the world except ours,,

blame for what?? there will always be poor people,, stealing doesnt change that,,

Alternatively once you turn 75 your benefits are cut off. Suck it Boomers!
it first falls on the parents to teach their own children and if they dont understand it to find someone that does,,

not my job to pay for anothers failures,,
Cool let's dump anyone over 75. Once you turn 75, all benefits are cut off. Suck it Boomers!:dev3:

I started at 16 and I am 65 now. I am still working and expect to to collect my full social security as well as my two-week paycheck. Is that wrong?
Nope.... So what's your point ? Does your thinking address the incentivizing of the work force by changing the system a little bit in order to do so ??? I didn't see it. So if you would, how about addressing that also.

We desperately need people retiring earlier to help businesses.
We definitely need this younger generation learning the values of work, and incentivizing them to have a long term goal/carrot that will make it worth them working toward that goal in their live's. The system is badly broken, and that is why these Democrat's who protect their elite's, are leaving the border wide open in order to replace the American labor workforces as fast as they can with cheap hard working labourers. They could care less if the younger American generation takes all the fentanyl they can stomach or any other drug of their choice that will destroy their live's and their work ethic.

WAKE UP AMERICA !!!! IT'S TIME DAMMIT.

There is a reasonable idea in the OP. I’d like to see it based similarly to my pension at work… a combination of age and years of service to “earn” Medicare and Social Security benefits.

Target number is 110 (age + years of service). Service = military time (with honorable discharge) and full years of work.

My caveat is that the system MUST be self-funding. Nothing more can go out than was collected from the individual (plus interest).

Forum List

Back