Zone1 Does anybody actually do elf on the shelf?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I'm glad that I never did it as a kid and it's certainly not something that I would ever do with my own kids. They already have Santa watching their every move, but at least he's a "real" person and lives at the North Pole.

Not a creepy doll in their own house who even watches when they go to the bathroom. That is if they can even make it there before wetting themselves and their bed from all of the nightmares that it has to be giving them.

No. But I did Gnome in the Home, with my kids. I had a fucked up garden gnome I put on the mantle, and told the kids that he'd steal their toys if they didn't put them away when they were done playing with them. And when they left stuff out in their rooms, the house, or yard; I'd put it in a bin in the garage. They became quite fastidious in short order...

B02EB24B-A9CF-4C0F-B66D-E96C802F4E31.jpeg

Honestly, I never trust the little buggers.

“Mommy? Where’s daddy?”

No. But I did Gnome in the Home, with my kids. I had a fucked up garden gnome I put on the mantle, and told the kids that he'd steal their toys if they didn't put them away when they were done playing with them. And when they left stuff out in their rooms, the house, or yard; I'd put it in a bin in the garage. They became quite fastidious in short order...

Was it a plushie? Just wondering because I just looked it up and I think that that one is actually cute. 🥰

No. It was an actual garden gnome I had hit with the lawnmower...

That's even freakier lol but I was also just thinking about whether or not they even had these things when I was a kid. I was born in 1990 for the record.

Oh my my my. My dog put her toys away every day after dinner. I never even told her. She did it herself. Every toy went in the toybox.

He is just being his typical beaucoup dinky dau self.

I think he's talking about God watching us to behave, but that's not abuse, that's the truth. He just doesn't want to hear it.

I don't even want to know where you're coming from with that statement.
i'm coming from the fact that religion is lies and the child shouldn't be tortured with fears of a burning lake of fire, etc., before he/she is old enough to separate fact from ficticious nonsense.

Discussion, once again is good for Americans who have always refused to accept science!

Has this helped? Or has it only enraged you more?

i'm coming from the fact that religion is lies and the child shouldn't be tortured with fears of a burning lake of fire, etc., before he/she is old enough to separate fact from ficticious nonsense.

What do you want us to do? Like to them? We don't have to be so graphic but at the same time,... You know what nevermind, we're getting off the subject and before you say Santa Claus is a lie, it just depends on your point of view. Sure the legend is false (other than the fact that Saint Nicholas lived) but the spirit exists. To me at least.

In a lot of different ways I actually believe that dogs are smarter than humans.
She was the most amazing dog I have ever known. A total diva.

A friend of mine had a cabin in the mountains. She suggested that I spend the weekend. I thought Arwen would love it. Get in touch with her inner dog. Sniff a tree. Nope. She hated it. She hated the trees, the ground, everything. She ran to the car frantically clawing at the door. Then she screamed. She had a dead leaf stuck to her paw. No dear, it is not eating your paw.
20140919_144523 (1).jpg God bless and keep you. Wait for me.

Discussion, once again is good for Americans who have always refused to accept science!

Has this helped? Or has it only enraged you more?
Religion is lies TO YOU. Why would anyone teach a child lies such as you believe.

What do you want us to do? Like to them? We don't have to be so graphic but at the same time,... You know what nevermind, we're getting off the subject and before you say Santa Claus is a lie, it just depends on your point of view. Sure the legend is false (other than the fact that Saint Nicholas lived) but the spirit exists. To me at least.
You're finding the value of discussion, and you're passing on that which you have already learned in less than an hour!

I'm glad that I never did it as a kid and it's certainly not something that I would ever do with my own kids. They already have Santa watching their every move, but at least he's a "real" person and lives at the North Pole.

Not a creepy doll in their own house who even watches when they go to the bathroom. That is if they can even make it there before wetting themselves and their bed from all of the nightmares that it has to be giving them.
Never had them growing up, but the we did it once after I married 20 years ago

The wife immediately banned BB guns in the living room.

I told her to stop putting up targets, and I wouldn't have a reason to shoot in the living room

She was the most amazing dog I have ever known. A total diva.

A friend of mine had a cabin in the mountains. She suggested that I spend the weekend. I thought Arwen would love it. Get in touch with her inner dog. Sniff a tree. Nope. She hated it. She hated the trees, the ground, everything. She ran to the car frantically clawing at the door. Then she screamed. She had a dead leaf stuck to her paw. No dear, it is not eating your paw.
View attachment 733711 God bless and keep you. Wait for me.

Lol and don't worry she will. :)

Never had them growing up, but the we did it once after I married 20 years ago

I was twelve. I would have been too old for it anyways.

Can we explore the questions further with a discussion on living in the belly of a whale (fish) for a few days?

No, because it's off topic.

Forum List

Back