Let's debunk a popular right wing myth, shall we.

His words were clear. He was looking forward to when he was a lame duck, so he could do shit to benefit the RUssians, and that the American voters would not support.
You're welcome for providing the factual evidence you need to realize your jaded assumptions are wrong.

This one came up quite a bit after Individual 1's attempted quid pro quo with Ukranian President Zelensky was exposed. It has to do with a "hot mic" comment Obama made to then Russian President Medvedev back in 2012. The famous "After my election I'll have more flexibility," remark. Oh, how right wing media and the nutbaggers who consume it got their shorts in a bunch over that. It was all the rage and all they raged about inside the bubble head's sound chamber for quite some time. It still comes up, most recently mentioned by a prolific resident flame baiter who will remain nameless...........but you know who you are.

Essentially the accusation is Obama was doing something nefarious in suggesting he and Russia (a message was to be delivered to Putin) make some kind of covert agreement after Obama's re-election. In the case of the aforementioned flame baiter the claim was Obama and Putin had engaged in a quid pro quo. Presumably to compromise Europe's security in exchange for.............frankly..............you'd have to ask a Trumpette about that.

So much for the set-up. Here are the facts........more comprehensively explained by CNN than I could in the following article.

U.S. launches long-awaited European missile defense shield

The crux of the matter being.....................
"Obama was also caught on an open mic in 2012 telling then-Russian President Dimitry Medvedev, that "After my election I have more flexibility," with regard to the U.S.-led NATO missile defense system in Europe.
Obama's posture made the Poles and Czechs "very concerned" that the entire missile defense project would be abandoned by his administration, according to Conley.
But, she said, "What they wound up getting with the current system was more robust than they had anticipated."

I encourage anyone who has managed to get this far in the thread to read the entire article. It puts to rest the notion that anything untoward happened on that stage that day. For those wingnuts who dismiss the contents of the article because of its source I invite you to offer a factual rebuttal.

It's at this point that I want to acknowledge the futility of taking the time to write this post. Because it will not change the mind of a single Trumpette. The facts never do. The lie is too ingrained in right wing mythology to be extracted now. It's been a go-to lie far too long for that.
Then why would he tell them that? It was a Quid Pro Quo he was asking for. He was telling them “if you help me get re-elected...I can get rid of the missiles”. The Russians didn’t bite of course, and he felt betrayed ever since then, which is why he blamed them for Hillary’s loss and expelled them and put sanctions on them after Dems lost the election.

He was telling them “if you help me get re-elected...I can get rid of the missiles”.
Asking for help in getting elected?

Nope. Not there.

Making shit up again?
It is there, he is the one that says “after the election”, and his statement of being “more flexible” can obviously only become true if he wins the election. So he is telling them that “if” he wins the election, he could dismantle the EU missile system the Russians fear so much. The OP is admitting that is what he was talking about. Of course no such favor could possibly happen without the Hussein getting something big in return.

We all know he was one of the most corrupt administrations in history, from paying off Solyndra, running guns for Mexican cartels, to spying on the next President, and his VP getting Quid Pro Quo money from Ukraine and China.
The Hussein expected the Russians to “play ball” and contribute to his corruption of money collecting. They didn’t, and since then the MSM and Dems have vilified Russia.

It is there, he is the one that says “after the election”, and his statement of being “more flexible” can obviously only become true if he wins the election. So he is telling them that “if” he wins the election, he could dismantle the EU missile system the Russians fear so much.
He did NOT ask for help and in fact received none.

Trump PUBLICLY asked for help and DID receive that help

And oh yea...after the election he installed a more FORCEFUL and effective missile defense program

His words were clear. He was looking forward to when he was a lame duck, so he could do shit to benefit the RUssians, and that the American voters would not support.
You're welcome for providing the factual evidence you need to realize your jaded assumptions are wrong.

This one came up quite a bit after Individual 1's attempted quid pro quo with Ukranian President Zelensky was exposed. It has to do with a "hot mic" comment Obama made to then Russian President Medvedev back in 2012. The famous "After my election I'll have more flexibility," remark. Oh, how right wing media and the nutbaggers who consume it got their shorts in a bunch over that. It was all the rage and all they raged about inside the bubble head's sound chamber for quite some time. It still comes up, most recently mentioned by a prolific resident flame baiter who will remain nameless...........but you know who you are.

Essentially the accusation is Obama was doing something nefarious in suggesting he and Russia (a message was to be delivered to Putin) make some kind of covert agreement after Obama's re-election. In the case of the aforementioned flame baiter the claim was Obama and Putin had engaged in a quid pro quo. Presumably to compromise Europe's security in exchange for.............frankly..............you'd have to ask a Trumpette about that.

So much for the set-up. Here are the facts........more comprehensively explained by CNN than I could in the following article.

U.S. launches long-awaited European missile defense shield

The crux of the matter being.....................
"Obama was also caught on an open mic in 2012 telling then-Russian President Dimitry Medvedev, that "After my election I have more flexibility," with regard to the U.S.-led NATO missile defense system in Europe.
Obama's posture made the Poles and Czechs "very concerned" that the entire missile defense project would be abandoned by his administration, according to Conley.
But, she said, "What they wound up getting with the current system was more robust than they had anticipated."

I encourage anyone who has managed to get this far in the thread to read the entire article. It puts to rest the notion that anything untoward happened on that stage that day. For those wingnuts who dismiss the contents of the article because of its source I invite you to offer a factual rebuttal.

It's at this point that I want to acknowledge the futility of taking the time to write this post. Because it will not change the mind of a single Trumpette. The facts never do. The lie is too ingrained in right wing mythology to be extracted now. It's been a go-to lie far too long for that.
does it occur to anyone that globalist politics follow globalist policies written for globalist business here?

~S~

Forum List

Back