Let's debunk a popular right wing myth, shall we.

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
This one came up quite a bit after Individual 1's attempted quid pro quo with Ukranian President Zelensky was exposed. It has to do with a "hot mic" comment Obama made to then Russian President Medvedev back in 2012. The famous "After my election I'll have more flexibility," remark. Oh, how right wing media and the nutbaggers who consume it got their shorts in a bunch over that. It was all the rage and all they raged about inside the bubble head's sound chamber for quite some time. It still comes up, most recently mentioned by a prolific resident flame baiter who will remain nameless...........but you know who you are.

Essentially the accusation is Obama was doing something nefarious in suggesting he and Russia (a message was to be delivered to Putin) make some kind of covert agreement after Obama's re-election. In the case of the aforementioned flame baiter the claim was Obama and Putin had engaged in a quid pro quo. Presumably to compromise Europe's security in exchange for.............frankly..............you'd have to ask a Trumpette about that.

So much for the set-up. Here are the facts........more comprehensively explained by CNN than I could in the following article.

U.S. launches long-awaited European missile defense shield

The crux of the matter being.....................
"Obama was also caught on an open mic in 2012 telling then-Russian President Dimitry Medvedev, that "After my election I have more flexibility," with regard to the U.S.-led NATO missile defense system in Europe.
Obama's posture made the Poles and Czechs "very concerned" that the entire missile defense project would be abandoned by his administration, according to Conley.
But, she said, "What they wound up getting with the current system was more robust than they had anticipated."

I encourage anyone who has managed to get this far in the thread to read the entire article. It puts to rest the notion that anything untoward happened on that stage that day. For those wingnuts who dismiss the contents of the article because of its source I invite you to offer a factual rebuttal.

It's at this point that I want to acknowledge the futility of taking the time to write this post. Because it will not change the mind of a single Trumpette. The facts never do. The lie is too ingrained in right wing mythology to be extracted now. It's been a go-to lie far too long for that.

This one came up quite a bit after Individual 1's attempted quid pro quo with Ukranian President Zelensky was exposed. It has to do with a "hot mic" comment Obama made to then Russian President Medvedev back in 2012. The famous "After my election I'll have more flexibility," remark. Oh, how right wing media and the nutbaggers who consume it got their shorts in a bunch over that. It was all the rage and all they raged about inside the bubble head's sound chamber for quite some time. It still comes up, most recently mentioned by a prolific resident flame baiter who will remain nameless...........but you know who you are.

Essentially the accusation is Obama was doing something nefarious in suggesting he and Russia (a message was to be delivered to Putin) make some kind of covert agreement after Obama's re-election. In the case of the aforementioned flame baiter the claim was Obama and Putin had engaged in a quid pro quo. Presumably to compromise Europe's security in exchange for.............frankly..............you'd have to ask a Trumpette about that.

So much for the set-up. Here are the facts........more comprehensively explained by CNN than I could in the following article.

"Obama was also caught on an open mic in 2012 telling then-Russian President Dimitry Medvedev, that "After my election I have more flexibility," with regard to the U.S.-led NATO missile defense system in Europe.
Obama's posture made the Poles and Czechs "very concerned" that the entire missile defense project would be abandoned by his administration, according to Conley.
But, she said, "What they wound up getting with the current system was more robust than they had anticipated."

I encourage anyone who has managed to get this far in the thread to read the entire article. It puts to rest the notion that anything untoward happened on that stage that day. For those wingnuts who dismiss the contents of the article because of its source I invite you to offer a factual rebuttal.

It's at this point that I want to acknowledge the futility of taking the time to write this post. Because it will not change the mind of a single Trumpette. The facts never do. The lie is too ingrained in right wing mythology to be extracted now. It's been a go-to lie far too long for that.
You don't have any facts, just media regurgitated crap.

If you have nothing to contribute to the OP's discussion, ignore the thread and MOVE ALONG! I'm tired of going from thread to thread repeating this. We'll get 30 posts and 26 of them are members just trolling and flaming each other because they don't like the subject.

Let's have an investigation and have Obama testify under oath then. If that what really happened, he should have no problem with a probe

..I definitely see your point ...well done
:uhoh3:

Obama caught red handed COLLUDING with Russia. What is the point of your thread?
The point of the thread is to show (thank you by the way for your pitch perfect reply) there is no amount of factual refutation in the world that's enough to get a Trumpette to stop believing a lie once he/she has adopted it in to their mythological belief system.

If you have nothing to contribute to the OP's discussion, ignore the thread and MOVE ALONG! I'm tired of going from thread to thread repeating this. We'll get 30 posts and 26 of them are members just trolling and flaming each other because they don't like the subject.
.. I was thinking that about the thread [ and many others ] itself
Mr Trump:
tied his shoe wrong
used their instead of there
put his right pant leg on first
etc etc all the crap

I could have said you'll never get a factual rebuttal from a Trumpbot when it comes to anything Obama - but I didnt.

Let's have an investigation and have Obama testify under oath then. If that what really happened, he should have no problem with a probe
The facts are laid out in the article. Are you disputing that the missile system was deployed?
You didn't actually expect any of these simpletons to read the article, did you?

They already have had their minds made up for them.

Or just give the post a DISLIKE and move on.
"The U.S. launched a new ground-based missile defense system in Romania Thursday, sparking fresh tensions with Russia, which quickly blasted the system as a threat to its security.
The system, to be operated by NATO, is getting up and running nearly a decade after the U.S. first announced plans to do so, only to encounter pushback from Russia. The U.S. has long insisted that the shield is directed against rogue states like Iran and not intended to target Moscow's missiles, but Russian officials have slammed the move as an "attempt to destroy the strategic balance" in Europe."

Some folks just dislike the facts.

The facts are laid out in the article. Are you disputing that the missile system was deployed?
You didn't actually expect any of these simpletons to read the article, did you?

......if you don't have anything intelligent to contribute, than shut up--like the mod said

hahhahahahhahaha
we've been hearing this FALSE crap since 2016!!!!!!!!!!
and you expect us to READ it --AGAIN????!!!!!
hahahahhahahahahahahah
wolf wolf wolf to infinity

...the STUPID ones would read it = fool me once, shame on you...fool me 1000 times, shame on me

......if you don't have anything intelligent to contribute, than shut up--like the mod said
Who are you, the thread monitor?

I was hoping to elicit a reply from the flame bait chicken shit who inspired the post. But cowardice and better judgement prevailed.

I have doubts about Obama's explanation. Bringing him before a Special Persecutor would enable the public to see if he's on the up and up or not.

Forum List

Back