Let's debunk a popular right wing myth, shall we.

I never got the feeling of any quid pro quid, just that Obama was interesting in help out the "other side" at the expense of the American side.
In that case, you're welcome for posting a thread that dispels your misguided belief.

But if that was not him meaning that what was his meaning?

And, which is worse,

1. An American President who is looking forward to being able to using his power to help a rival of this nation, at the expense of his nation, just because he wants to.

or

2. an American President who is willing to use his power to help a rival of this nation, in return for some service.

An American President who is looking forward to being able to using his power to help a rival of this nation
How did the deployment of a NATO run defensive missile system designed to protect part of Europe help Russia? They strenuously objected to the deployment.

An American President who is looking forward to being able to using his power to help a rival of this nation
How did the deployment of a NATO run defensive missile system designed to protect part of Europe help Russia? They strenuously objected to the deployment.

Don't know. But the intent, imo, that he was looking forward to being able to help them at the expense of America,

what else could his statement have meant?

Don't know. But the intent, imo, that he was looking forward to being able to help them at the expense of America,
As I said, you're welcome for posting a thread that dispels your misguided belief.

Obama secretly colluded with Russia and got busted.
Said the Trumplehead, in contradiction to the facts in evidence. I appreciate you proving the thesis of the thread, and unwittingly proving what a deluded, misinformed nitwit you are.

As I said, you're welcome for posting a thread that dispels your misguided belief.

His statement is not a matter of belief. The intent seems clear. He wanted to help the Russians at the expense of the American people and was looking forward to doing so.

Squabbling over whether he was being "paid" to do that, or just doing out of a feeling of anti-Americanism, seems pointless.

This one came up quite a bit after Individual 1's attempted quid pro quo with Ukranian President Zelensky was exposed. It has to do with a "hot mic" comment Obama made to then Russian President Medvedev back in 2012. The famous "After my election I'll have more flexibility," remark. Oh, how right wing media and the nutbaggers who consume it got their shorts in a bunch over that. It was all the rage and all they raged about inside the bubble head's sound chamber for quite some time. It still comes up, most recently mentioned by a prolific resident flame baiter who will remain nameless...........but you know who you are.

Essentially the accusation is Obama was doing something nefarious in suggesting he and Russia (a message was to be delivered to Putin) make some kind of covert agreement after Obama's re-election. In the case of the aforementioned flame baiter the claim was Obama and Putin had engaged in a quid pro quo. Presumably to compromise Europe's security in exchange for.............frankly..............you'd have to ask a Trumpette about that.

So much for the set-up. Here are the facts........more comprehensively explained by CNN than I could in the following article.

U.S. launches long-awaited European missile defense shield

The crux of the matter being.....................
"Obama was also caught on an open mic in 2012 telling then-Russian President Dimitry Medvedev, that "After my election I have more flexibility," with regard to the U.S.-led NATO missile defense system in Europe.
Obama's posture made the Poles and Czechs "very concerned" that the entire missile defense project would be abandoned by his administration, according to Conley.
But, she said, "What they wound up getting with the current system was more robust than they had anticipated."

I encourage anyone who has managed to get this far in the thread to read the entire article. It puts to rest the notion that anything untoward happened on that stage that day. For those wingnuts who dismiss the contents of the article because of its source I invite you to offer a factual rebuttal.

It's at this point that I want to acknowledge the futility of taking the time to write this post. Because it will not change the mind of a single Trumpette. The facts never do. The lie is too ingrained in right wing mythology to be extracted now. It's been a go-to lie far too long for that.
I’m gonna guess you’re a snowflake who has spent years dreaming about licking Obama’s balls. :)

His statement is not a matter of belief. The intent seems clear. He wanted to help the Russians at the expense of the American people and was looking forward to doing so.

Squabbling over whether he was being "paid" to do that, or just doing out of a feeling of anti-Americanism, seems pointless.
Talking about “intent” with no real evidence as TO the intent is yea... a matter of belief

one that ASSUMES the”feeling” you baselessly assign

Talking about “intent” with no real evidence as TO the intent is yea... a matter of belief

one that ASSUMES the”feeling” you baselessly assign

The statement was a statement of intent. To do something for the Russians, that the voters would not approve of.

The video tape of the statement is the evidence.

Your denial is not rational.

Or just give the post a DISLIKE and move on.
"The U.S. launched a new ground-based missile defense system in Romania Thursday, sparking fresh tensions with Russia, which quickly blasted the system as a threat to its security.
The system, to be operated by NATO, is getting up and running nearly a decade after the U.S. first announced plans to do so, only to encounter pushback from Russia. The U.S. has long insisted that the shield is directed against rogue states like Iran and not intended to target Moscow's missiles, but Russian officials have slammed the move as an "attempt to destroy the strategic balance" in Europe."

Some folks just dislike the facts.
Newflash, leftist dork! Remember the nukes that were in Turkey? Yeah, well Erdogan is a POS and those nukes have been in Romania for quite some time now. Back when Erdogan was showing his ass is when they got moved.
So yeah, Romania is the front lines against Russia..if that's even something that needs to be. Romania is the wall where the Eastern bloc stops.

This one came up quite a bit after Individual 1's attempted quid pro quo with Ukranian President Zelensky was exposed. It has to do with a "hot mic" comment Obama made to then Russian President Medvedev back in 2012. The famous "After my election I'll have more flexibility," remark. Oh, how right wing media and the nutbaggers who consume it got their shorts in a bunch over that. It was all the rage and all they raged about inside the bubble head's sound chamber for quite some time. It still comes up, most recently mentioned by a prolific resident flame baiter who will remain nameless...........but you know who you are.

Essentially the accusation is Obama was doing something nefarious in suggesting he and Russia (a message was to be delivered to Putin) make some kind of covert agreement after Obama's re-election. In the case of the aforementioned flame baiter the claim was Obama and Putin had engaged in a quid pro quo. Presumably to compromise Europe's security in exchange for.............frankly..............you'd have to ask a Trumpette about that.

So much for the set-up. Here are the facts........more comprehensively explained by CNN than I could in the following article.

"Obama was also caught on an open mic in 2012 telling then-Russian President Dimitry Medvedev, that "After my election I have more flexibility," with regard to the U.S.-led NATO missile defense system in Europe.
Obama's posture made the Poles and Czechs "very concerned" that the entire missile defense project would be abandoned by his administration, according to Conley.
But, she said, "What they wound up getting with the current system was more robust than they had anticipated."

I encourage anyone who has managed to get this far in the thread to read the entire article. It puts to rest the notion that anything untoward happened on that stage that day. For those wingnuts who dismiss the contents of the article because of its source I invite you to offer a factual rebuttal.

It's at this point that I want to acknowledge the futility of taking the time to write this post. Because it will not change the mind of a single Trumpette. The facts never do. The lie is too ingrained in right wing mythology to be extracted now. It's been a go-to lie far too long for that.

The right wing thrives on conspiracy theories, character assassinations and damn lies. It is a faction on the political spectrum which is sociopathic, and lives on the code I got mine, fuck the rest of you.

Wow for years the republicans have been claiming that Obama said that to putin. They were wrong. It wasn't to putin.

For years they have twisted that few words into meaning everything from the destruction of America to turning America into a communist muslim nation. Don't ask me what that is, it's what the republicans came up with so you'll have to ask them.

Now we finally learn the truth and it's nothing even remotely close to what the republicans screamed about for so long.

I'm so not surprised. These people wouldn't know reality or truth if their lives depended on it.

Is this a Republican myth too?

Is this a Republican myth too?

Another attempt at character assassination. A huge hullabaloo about the firing of foreign prosecutor and an energy company. What does that have to do with anything, other than protecting trump from his withholding of money and defensive weapons from our NATO Ally?

I never got the feeling of any quid pro quid, just that Obama was interesting in help out the "other side" at the expense of the American side.
In that case, you're welcome for posting a thread that dispels your misguided belief.

But if that was not him meaning that what was his meaning?

And, which is worse,

1. An American President who is looking forward to being able to using his power to help a rival of this nation, at the expense of his nation, just because he wants to.

or

2. an American President who is willing to use his power to help a rival of this nation, in return for some service.

You forgot #3, an American President who insults are allies, put our NATO Allies (Kurds, Ukrianians) in harms way and when that 3am phone call came, he didn't respond appropriately, and has continued to mislead the public with lies; once again, but this time, putting our citizens in harms way.

And yet, the facts don't support your nutbag level conspiracy theory.

Forum List

Back